Page 182 of 246 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3689

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    just make sure that you don't post it anywhere, out of respect for caivu and fernandez.
    YOU CAN TRUST IN ME.. I will Never post this anywhere.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-14-2018 at 11:18 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

See, I don't think it's as bad as that. I think a large contingent of fans (including, of course, me) who thought that War Games made her really sympathetic, because she was screwed over by Batman when she was Robin, and was just trying to prove herself to Batman. Plus, she didn't WANT to start a war, she wanted to get the gangs under Batman's control. The plans (as far as I can tell) never said it would be a war, it said that Matches Malone would push the gangs under Orpheus.

I also think that Steph's motivations started out sympathetic here in the Victim Syndicate, but Tynion dragged her conflict out too far because of the Button's changes, and thus she's had to repeat herself instead of naturally growing (like it seemed she would).
    I mean sure Stephanie wanted to prove herself worthy of being Robin especially when Bruce only used her to lure Tim back to him and she was as much of a victim as she was an accidental instigator of the Gotham Gang War. Which when you put it that way makes her situation even more tragic than it already is. But unfortunately for some fans when she came back they felt feel that she should have owned up to causing it. If only Tim had been brought back sooner Stephanie's issues would been solved much a sooner though even when they came back they still didn't stop. She needs an arc to address them.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    If only Tim had been brought back sooner Stephanie's issues would been solved much a sooner though even when they came back they still didn't stop. She needs an arc to address them.
    And Tynion who created this problems will be out.... Damnit...

ONE BAD PREDICTION.... Based in when Tim dissapeared.. Steph will die too? I canīt understand why Batwoman, Azrael and Batwing are in the Final Cover but Steph no.. Only because she hates now the vigilant life? Thanks Tynion..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-14-2018 at 11:45 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I mean sure Stephanie wanted to prove herself worthy of being Robin especially when Bruce only used her to lure Tim back to him and she was as much of a victim as she was an accidental instigator of the Gotham Gang War. Which when you put it that way makes her situation even more tragic than it already is. But unfortunately for some fans when she came back they felt feel that she should have owned up to causing it. If only Tim had been brought back sooner Stephanie's issues would been solved much a sooner though even when they came back they still didn't stop. She needs an arc to address them.
    Yah, she needs an arc. But with this compression of Tynion's run, she's not going to get one.

I feel like Steph did own up to her part in the gang war - she references her responsibility several times during her run as Batgirl.

Yep, Tim's return being delayed is a serious problem with the emotional connection to Steph's arc. Hopefully Tynion will do SOMETHING with her. Well. Okay. We KNOW he's going to, based on solicits and these cover teases. But hopefully it will be something really good, that gets the Steph fans at least happy with her ending.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    And Tynion who created this problems will be out.... Damnit...

ONE BAD PREDICTION.... Based in when Tim dissapeared.. Steph will die too? I canīt understand why Batwoman, Azrael and Batwing are in the Final Cover but Steph no.. Only because she hates now the vigilant life?
    Yeah, I'm really mad that Tynion is being forced to leave before he can get to 1000 and resolve all the plots he clearly had planned. League of Shadows, Jean Paul's father and Ascalon, and Steph's issues all needed at least one arc each to resolve.

I don't think Steph's going to die. Tynion, despite weirdo conspiracy theories, loves Tim, Steph, and Cass. He's not going to kill them.

That final cover without Steph makes me so sad and mad as well. I just hope that 980 makes it worthwhile.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

I dont think there's any indication that he's being forced to leave. He always tags along with Snyder so now that Snyder moved to JL line Tynion followed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    I dont think there's any indication that he's being forced to leave. He always tags along with Snyder so now that Snyder moved to JL line Tynion followed him.
    Forced by project load. Not forced as in fired.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Yah, she needs an arc. But with this compression of Tynion's run, she's not going to get one.

I feel like Steph did own up to her part in the gang war - she references her responsibility several times during her run as Batgirl.

Yep, Tim's return being delayed is a serious problem with the emotional connection to Steph's arc. Hopefully Tynion will do SOMETHING with her. Well. Okay. We KNOW he's going to, based on solicits and these cover teases. But hopefully it will be something really good, that gets the Steph fans at least happy with her ending.

Yeah, I'm really mad that Tynion is being forced to leave before he can get to 1000 and resolve all the plots he clearly had planned. League of Shadows, Jean Paul's father and Ascalon, and Steph's issues all needed at least one arc each to resolve.

I don't think Steph's going to die. Tynion, despite weirdo conspiracy theories, loves Tim, Steph, and Cass. He's not going to kill them.

That final cover without Steph makes me so sad and mad as well. I just hope that 980 makes it worthwhile.
    Yeha and I don't think Tynion is compressing it out of choice. Hmm she did talk about causing the war? But I have to know though did she you know deal with the result directly because that would make more people happier with her. I mean if Stephanie had actually heard Batman when he tried to tell her that Tim was alive well her direction would have changed a little and then there can be an arc for her much earlier. but aside from the cover of the next issue what give you the impression it's going to be farewell to Stephanie for now? I wonder why Tynion is leaving? And you never know Wonder Woman fans thought James Robinson would never use Veronica Cale and he did the next writer of Detective comics could do the same.

Yeha and I don't think Tynion is compressing it out of choice. Hmm she did talk about causing the war? But I have to know though did she you know deal with the result directly because that would make more people happier with her. I mean if Stephanie had actually heard Batman when he tried to tell her that Tim was alive well her direction would have changed a little and then there can be an arc for her much earlier. but aside from the cover of the next issue what give you the impression it's going to be farewell to Stephanie for now? I wonder why Tynion is leaving? And you never know Wonder Woman fans thought James Robinson would never use Veronica Cale and he did the next writer of Detective comics could do the same.
    Pretty sure she talks about her responsibility for it when talking to Babs in the second issue, and later in the Bruce Wayne: The Road Home issue. (All of which are on sale today at your local comic shop! Buy it today! ).

I'm not sure how you deal with the result directly...unless you consider "being tortured almost to death to try to stop it"... Like, everyone in the Batfamily has screwed up. I don't know how else you could deal with it except to try to do better and make Gotham a safe place, which is what she did.

The whole "Steph doesn't know Tim's alive" that went on for multiple issues was another instance of the plotline being messed up by the Button, I think. (I'm just going to blame everything on that.)

Well, Steph is definitely not in this issue - she's not even mentioned like she was in 975. So I think she's gone until 980, and she's not on the cover or solicit for 981, so I think she's going to show up, and then be gone again. But maybe I'm just being pessimistic because I'm sad about the whole situation - Steph gone, Steph's fans mad, Tynion leaving before he can fix it...

I'm certain Tynion is leaving because he is writing too many books to do Tec.

I was thinking in something like what happened with Black Mask... One fake death... Maybe she losing her memory in one accident and everyone believing that she is death(maybe except Tim) but... With Tynion out, nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I was thinking in something like what happened with Black Mask... One fake death... Maybe she losing her memory in one accident and everyone believing that she is death(maybe except Tim) but... With Tynion out, nothing..
    Oh, jeeze. I hadn't thought of a fake death. But that would be really weird.

Pretty sure she talks about her responsibility for it when talking to Babs in the second issue, and later in the Bruce Wayne: The Road Home issue. (All of which are on sale today at your local comic shop! Buy it today! ).

I'm not sure how you deal with the result directly...unless you consider "being tortured almost to death to try to stop it"... Like, everyone in the Batfamily has screwed up. I don't know how else you could deal with it except to try to do better and make Gotham a safe place, which is what she did.

The whole "Steph doesn't know Tim's alive" that went on for multiple issues was another instance of the plotline being messed up by the Button, I think. (I'm just going to blame everything on that.)

Well, Steph is definitely not in this issue - she's not even mentioned like she was in 975. So I think she's gone until 980, and she's not on the cover or solicit for 981, so I think she's going to show up, and then be gone again. But maybe I'm just being pessimistic because I'm sad about the whole situation - Steph gone, Steph's fans mad, Tynion leaving before he can fix it...

I'm certain Tynion is leaving because he is writing too many books to do Tec.
    I suppose all that does suffice however for the more angry fans dealing directly means well seeing Stephanie deal with someone a random civilian who was hurt by the war. Yeha but there was nothing stopping Tynion from crafting an arc involving Stephanie after Batman found out Tim was alive so why not huh? Well give or take given her current circumstances she will want little to do with te Batfamily unless she is forced into it. But just you try to keep a stiff upper lip.

I suppose all that does suffice however for the more angry fans dealing directly means well seeing Stephanie deal with someone a random civilian who was hurt by the war. Yeha but there was nothing stopping Tynion from crafting an arc involving Stephanie after Batman found out Tim was alive so why not huh? Well give or take given her current circumstances she will want little to do with te Batfamily unless she is forced into it. But just you try to keep a stiff upper lip.
    I'm trying to remember that there's room in our line of fandom for hope...but it's pretty hard sometimes.

Tynion did try to craft some mini arcs for Steph, and the first one (951) was pretty great, but the second one was a mess. Plus they were co-written by a guy who just isn't as good as Tynion.

guess you guys also saw the images with the batgirl steph, oh i'm not gonna post, but it make me so HAPPY! i absolutely love her as batgirl

Stephanie Batgirl vol 2 is now out.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvinDraper View Post
    guess you guys also saw the images with the batgirl steph, oh i'm not gonna post, but it make me so HAPPY! i absolutely love her as batgirl
    I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't want to get my hopes up, because DC has let me down so many times before (Convergence: Batgirl, anyone?), but...

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Stephanie Batgirl vol 2 is now out.
    Yup! So pretty!

Steph vol 2.jpg

Only in LCS, so I have to wait two more weeks, I think, till I can get it on digital. (I'm buying digital because I just got all the original trades and single issues before they announced the new collections.)