Page 135 of 246 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3689

Quote Originally Posted by thecape View Post
    good image, thank you..

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I love it. It's part of a great series I've reblogged on my tumblr before, but it's so high quality in rendering, and really intelligent in concept, that it stands out from the rest.

Never forget: Steph is Part of the Legend (of being Robin), and she's one of three amazing Batgirls.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Beautiful .

Although a part of me wishes they had fit in her Spoiler costume in to this, but I guess transitioning between Robin to Batgirl would be more seamless (especially with the hair).

Also, while I'm not 100% on Steph's Robin tenure as others are, I do think it's kind of fitting that the first in-canon female Robin ended up becoming Batgirl. It wasn't really a completely natural transition, granted, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Beautiful .

Although a part of me wishes they had fit in her Spoiler costume in to this, but I guess transitioning between Robin to Batgirl would be more seamless (especially with the hair).

Also, while I'm not 100% on Steph's Robin tenure as others are, I do think it's kind of fitting that the first in-canon female Robin ended up becoming Batgirl. It wasn't really a completely natural transition, granted, but still.
    It was an unnatural transition, but I think it speaks to the tenacity of Steph and her fans.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It was an unnatural transition, but I think it speaks to the tenacity of Steph and her fans.
    I will forever maintain that no characters have as passionate and, yes, downright crazy fanbases ( in a good way) as Cass and Steph...maybe Hal Jordan. You can't really top HEAT in terms of fan response.

Indeed. This thread was misnamed; it really should have been “the Unsinkable Stephanie Brown”.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I will forever maintain that no characters have as passionate and, yes, downright crazy fanbases ( in a good way) as Cass and Steph...maybe Hal Jordan. You can't really top HEAT in terms of fan response.
    Well, Steph and Cass both have wikias! There is a Green Lantern wikia, but not just for Hal. To be fair, Hal does have a movie. But eh. Nobody liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Indeed. This thread was misnamed; it really should have been “the Unsinkable Stephanie Brown”.
    Oooh, good one! Here we go!

BANNED

Insert the "I understood that reference" meme here.

Dear lord I watched that movie on VHS when I was 8 or something.

Well, Steph and Cass both have wikias! There is a Green Lantern wikia, but not just for Hal. To be fair, Hal does have a movie. But eh. Nobody liked it.
    I'd say their biggest claim to fame from a fandom POV is managing to come back from attempts at erasure twice each despite not even having any media appearances up until that point.

As for Hal, are you familiar with just how far HEAT went?

I'd say their biggest claim to fame from a fandom POV is managing to come back from attempts at erasure twice each despite not even having any media appearances up until that point.

As for Hal, are you familiar with just how far HEAT went?
    I need the opposite gif now - the one from Bones where Emily Deschanel says "I don't know what that means."

As impressive as those two fanbases are, there's one that trumps both, easily; it's just not a DC character. I have never seen a fanbase as awesome as the one for May “Mayday” Parker, the One True Spider-Girl. They saved her title more times than I can count, extending what was originally going to be a twelve-issue run to something that lasted roughly a decade. Heck, even when her title was canceled (at #100), they managed to get a replacement title not long after.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

As impressive as those two fanbases are, there's one that trumps both, easily; it's just not a DC character. I have never seen a fanbase as awesome as the one for May “Mayday” Parker, the One True Spider-Girl. They saved her title more times than I can count, extending what was originally going to be a twelve-issue run to something that lasted roughly a decade. Heck, even when her title was canceled (at #100), they managed to get a replacement title not long after.
    True. What is the Mayday fanbase up to these days? I read Renew Your Vows, and I did read some Spider-Girl stuff back in the day, but was never a dedicated fan of the title.

BANNED

I need the opposite gif now - the one from Bones where Emily Deschanel says "I don't know what that means."
    HEAT AKA "Hal's Emerald Attack Team", later renamed "Hal's Emerald Action Team" so as to sound less violent, was a massive group of united fans (In the 90's mind you) with the purpose of getting DC to undo Emerald Twilight (The story where Hal became Parallax), make it so Hal was absolved of any of the actions he committed and have him reinstated as Green Lantern.

Now me personally? I've never found Hal more interesting than during this time as well as when he was the Spectre.

These guys though?

Some of the more temperamental members sent death threats to DC writers and editors, while the group as a whole went so far as to put out ads to sign their petition in Wizard Magazine. And you can find plenty more stories with a google search.

HEAT AKA "Hal's Emerald Attack Team", later renamed "Hal's Emerald Action Team" so as to sound less violent, was a massive group of united fans (In the 90's mind you) with the purpose of getting DC to undo Emerald Twilight (The story where Hal became Parallax), make it so Hal was absolved of any of the actions he committed and have him reinstated as Green Lantern.

Now me personally? I've never found Hal more interesting than during this time as well as when he was the Spectre.

These guys though?

Some of the more temperamental members sent death threats to DC writers and editors, while the group as a whole went so far as to put out ads to sign their petition in Wizard Magazine. And you can find plenty more stories with a google search.
    Are these the peeps who hated Kyle? I may joke about not liking Superman stories (even though I quite like him as a supporting character), but I REALLY don't read Green Lantern stories. Just not ever been interested. But some of the podcasts I listen to have guests who are big Green Lantern fans, and they talk about how miserable it was in the 90s for anyone who wasn't completely, 100% a Hal fan.

BANNED

True. What is the Mayday fanbase up to these days? I read Renew Your Vows, and I did read some Spider-Girl stuff back in the day, but was never a dedicated fan of the title.
    I really need to read Spider-Girl. I have heard nothing but good things about her book, and several other die-hard Cass fans I know count her among their favorite Marvel heroes.