Page 144 of 246 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3689
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Wait, when did Cass show up as Batman?
    Red Robin #19 in the Unternet. Tim's idea of the future Justice League:

one true batman.jpg

But to be fair, many people can relate.*
    Yeah, i certanly don't blame him.......

Yeah, Tim has been turned on by all three Batgirls at one point or another.*Creepy*Probably Helena too at one point or another, even if I can't remember off the top of my head. Good thing for Charlie they never met.
    Yeah, Dixon was putting some "hot for teacher" subtext beetween those 2

Good thing for Charlie they never met.
    I don't think that Tim would have sink that low

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I don't think that Tim would have sink that low
    Not sure what you mean there. Fairly sure Charlie was the same age as all the other teens. (Unless you're trying to diss Charlie, in which case, HAVE AT THEE!)

Not sure what you mean there. Fairly sure Charlie was the same age as all the other teens. (Unless you're trying to diss Charlie, in which case, HAVE AT THEE!)
    I thougth that Charlie was 12 for some reason, my mistake there. Nothing against her, i found her "Dark Vengeance" amusing.
    Last edited by TheCape; 11-23-2017 at 07:40 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

one true batman.jpg
    How interesting. This reminds me - I haven't actually read Red Robin after Yost left, except for the Cass issue. The To art is gorgeous, but I just can't get into the writing (not to mention: two crossovers in a year? That was a bit much.)

Yeah, Dixon was putting some "hot for teacher" subtext beetween those 2
    I mean. Since Helena is probably vying for second place in my favorite Batfamily characters ever list, I also cannot blame Dixon or Tim for that. Even before the Jim Lee "800 sit-ups a day" suit.

Hmm. I've always thought that Charlie was at least 2 or 3 years younger than Tim and Steph. She generally acts about that age, I think - much less impulse control, much less self-awareness. Actually, something like Spoiler at the beginning of Robin.

I thougth that Charlie was 12 for some reason, my mistake there. Nothing against her, i found his "Dark Vengeance" amusing.
    I tend to agree with you about the age. However, I think Charlie is the bomb! I don't know if she can be considered one of my favorites, because she really never had any great storylines to herself (sadly, Club Kids was dreadful - one of the biggest reasons I really don't like Tony Bedard as a writer is how bad his run on Birds of Prey was, after Dixon, Simone, and McKeever did such a stellar job). But I get a really big smile every time she shows up.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I mean. Since Helena is probably vying for second place in my favorite Batfamily characters ever list, I also cannot blame Dixon or Tim for that. Even before the Jim Lee "800 sit-ups a day" suit.
    I was half joking, i don't really remenber much of Tim showing attraction toward Helena, but i guest that you could read some of his attitude toward her as having an small crush.

Also, i'm pretty sure than that Jim Lee costume make some people jump into puberty
    Last edited by TheCape; 11-23-2017 at 07:56 PM.

BANNED

How interesting. This reminds me - I haven't actually read Red Robin after Yost left, except for the Cass issue. The To art is gorgeous,
    I do plan on commissioning a full version of CassBatman from To once he reopens his commissions. A half-body shot is not good enough dammit!

I tend to agree with you about the age. However, I think Charlie is the bomb! I don't know if she can be considered one of my favorites, because she really never had any great storylines to herself (sadly, Club Kids was dreadful - one of the biggest reasons I really don't like Tony Bedard as a writer is how bad his run on Birds of Prey was, after Dixon, Simone, and McKeever did such a stellar job). But I get a really big smile every time she shows up.
    I disagree about Club Kids being dreadful, even if it wasn't great by any means. Although that could have to do with me liking Black Alice WAAAAAAAY more than most people.

And Bedard really is just a mixed bag you never know what you'll get with. Sometimes he writes some really good stuff (Exiles, Convergence: Speed Force, serving as the editor for Hourman) and sometimes he REALLY misses the mark (Birds of Prey, Nu52 Blue Beetle)

one true batman.jpg
    The full black mask doesn't really work with the rest of the costume in my opinion.

Although, ironically, it does resemble the Young Justice Batgirl costume a tad...or the Batman costume in it.

And I guess the idea is that Post-Crisis Supergirl develops into Silver Age Supergirl? Really the only difference with Kara I can see.

Bart's looking like he's predicting Wally's Rebirth look with that mask.

I was half joking, i don't really remenber much of Tim showing attraction toward Helena, but i guest that you could read some of his attitude toward her as having an small crush.

Also, i'm pretty sure than that Jim Lee costume make some people jump into puberty
    It was weird to me - Huntress was always the Simone Birds of Prey Huntress to me - I didn't read Cry for Blood until much, much later (and fell in love with it), so I just went with the generally cheesecake-tastic character design of all the characters.

I don't know that Tim ever did really crush on Helena. I'm just saying I don't blame him if he did.

I disagree about Club Kids being dreadful, even if it wasn't great by any means. Although that could have to do with me liking Black Alice WAAAAAAAY more than most people.

And Bedard really is just a mixed bag you never know what you'll get with. Sometimes he writes some really good stuff (Exiles, Convergence: Speed Force, serving as the editor for Hourman) and sometimes he REALLY misses the mark (Birds of Prey, Nu52 Blue Beetle)
    Hmm. I'm just not a fan of the "underground superpowered gladatorial games" thing - it felt really cliched, even at the time. And Bedard didn't really do much for the characters. (I happen to really dislike Black Alice. Because during McKeever's arc on Birds of Prey, I was firmly on Charlie's side.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Hmm. I'm just not a fan of the "underground superpowered gladatorial games" thing - it felt really cliched, even at the time. And Bedard didn't really do much for the characters. (I happen to really dislike Black Alice. Because during McKeever's arc on Birds of Prey, I was firmly on Charlie's side.)
    I thought both of them looked bad the way McKeever wrote their conflict. My Black Alice fandom (she's kinda one of my favorite DC magic users) comes partially from Simone BoP appearances, but primarily from Secret Six.

I thought both of them looked bad the way McKeever wrote their conflict. My Black Alice fandom (she's kinda one of my favorite DC magic users) comes partially from Simone BoP appearances, but primarily from Secret Six.
    I've always had trouble with Secret Six for the same reason I don't really love Suicide Squad - villain teams are generally not something I get super invested in. Secret Six is the closest I've ever gotten, but even that didn't completely work. Eh.

BANNED

I've always had trouble with Secret Six for the same reason I don't really love Suicide Squad - villain teams are generally not something I get super invested in. Secret Six is the closest I've ever gotten, but even that didn't completely work. Eh.
    I generally don't care about DC's villains at all. There are some I do, but for the most part, while I can enjoy their presence or find them interesting, I usually won't care. But the Six got me hook, line and sinker. Say it all the time, but I think it's Simone's best work no contest, one of the best things DC's ever published, and its main cast are my favorite villains in the DCU.

I generally don't care about DC's villains at all. There are some I do, but for the most part, while I can enjoy their presence or find them interesting, I usually won't care. But the Six got me hook, line and sinker. Say it all the time, but I think it's Simone's best work no contest, one of the best things DC's ever published, and its main cast are my favorite villains in the DCU.
    Well, for me it's Birds of Prey all the way, largely because it felt like it made a difference in the DC universe - and because it was about heroes, and I love that. The fact that it's one of the few places outside of Cass's Batgirl run where Steph was remembered also helps a lot.