Page 152 of 246 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3689
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't think King is the one setting Cass's future - if I had to bet, Tynion has plans, and King is honoring them.
    So then Tynion is treating it as canon? Is he gonna tie this into the future he's working with, where Cass is also missing? Is this why she's also not been mentioned in Beyond? Is this gonna be a whole web of possible Bat-futures tied to Cass?

I'm overthinking things again, aren't I?
    Last edited by Assam; 12-04-2017 at 01:56 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So then Tynion is treating it as canon? Is he gonna tie this into the future he's working with, where Cass is also missing? Is this why she's also not been mentioned in Beyond? Is this gonna be a whole web of possible Bat-futures tied to Cass?

I'm overthinking things again, aren't I?
    No, I think Tynion has plans for Future Cass (maybe/maybe not linked to Titans of Tomorrow), and he told King about them, so King honored Tynion's plans in the Annual. I don't think Tynion is treating the Annual as canon, I think King is treating Tynion's future as canon in the Annual.

I don't touch Beyond with a ten-foot pole. I did read the Batwomen Beyond issue, but it wasn't super great. And Steph AND Cass are both missing there, so whatevs on that.

I do have faith that Tynion has plans for Cass, though. Yes I do!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

I don't touch Beyond with a ten-foot pole.
    I'm with you there. The cartoon was fine, but the comic Beyond universe and comicTerry just bore me to tears.

I'm with you there. The cartoon was fine, but the comic Beyond universe and comicTerry just bore me to tears.
    Especially since they keep making really weird decisions, like having Tim become a weird Jason expy in the future, or having Bruce father a kid with Barbara that she miscarries. Like...what the heck is up with that title?

(Also, where are Steph and Cass! You make this your "official future" but leave out so many characters! It was better when you just kept it in the DCAU.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

(Also, where are Steph and Cass! You make this your "official future" but leave out so many characters! It was better when you just kept it in the DCAU.)
    To me, Beyond is just one of many possible futures and not canon to the main universe at all. It wasn't created to be, and I'll never accept it as such.

To me, Beyond is just one of many possible futures and not canon to the main universe at all. It wasn't created to be, and I'll never accept it as such.
    I do believe in creator's intent having meaning, but if it's not actually in the text, it doesn't count. Press releases may inform the interpretation of a thing, but what was actually published didn't actually affect the line-wide continuity of Batman's trajectory. For one thing, very few writers who worked on Future's End/Batman Beyond had any power to setup their stuff in the main continuity stuff. For another, Snyder has his own future he was building towards (the one with Sean Murphy), and that had way more power over the Batman line than anything the Future's End/Batman Beyond people would ever have.

No, I think Tynion has plans for Future Cass (maybe/maybe not linked to Titans of Tomorrow), and he told King about them, so King honored Tynion's plans in the Annual. I don't think Tynion is treating the Annual as canon, I think King is treating Tynion's future as canon in the Annual.

I don't touch Beyond with a ten-foot pole. I did read the Batwomen Beyond issue, but it wasn't super great. And Steph AND Cass are both missing there, so whatevs on that.

I do have faith that Tynion has plans for Cass, though. Yes I do!
    Why would King do that? I thought the Bat title is the MAIN title and then Tec follows that?

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Why would King do that? I thought the Bat title is the MAIN title and then Tec follows that?
    Because Cass's journey is currently controlled by Tynion, so he's being a good collaborator and acknowledging that. It's like how the Bensons are honoring King's plans for Catwoman by having Selina and Bruce's feelings for each other drive their actions in Birds of Prey. They didn't create that dynamic, but they are collaborating with King on these character's journeys.

Unless I'm wrong, and King has his own plans for Cass. But I really doubt that.

Because Cass's journey is currently controlled by Tynion, so he's being a good collaborator and acknowledging that. It's like how the Bensons are honoring King's plans for Catwoman by having Selina and Bruce's feelings for each other drive their actions in Birds of Prey. They didn't create that dynamic, but they are collaborating with King on these character's journeys.

Unless I'm wrong, and King has his own plans for Cass. But I really doubt that.
    Okay I see. But why does Tynion has such control over the Cass character? Is she the star of Tec? because I never got that impression she was.

Okay I see. But why does Tynion has such control over the Cass character? Is she the star of Tec? because I never got that impression she was.
    Tynion has control over all the people in Tec, just like King has control over the regular characters in Batman. Tec is the home of all the characters who don't have their own ongoing, and Tyinon is their champion.

Tynion has control over all the people in Tec, just like King has control over the regular characters in Batman. Tec is the home of all the characters who don't have their own ongoing, and Tyinon is their champion.
    Tec is the home for all the characters that don't have their own ongoing? Then why isn't Catwoman and Ivy in Tec? They don't have their own ongoing and so far, the engagement hasn't even been "mentioned".

Again, why does he have such control over this one character?

Tec is the home for all the characters that don't have their own ongoing? Then why isn't Catwoman and Ivy in Tec? They don't have their own ongoing and so far, the engagement hasn't even been "mentioned".

Again, why does he have such control over this one character?
    Well. That's true. Catwoman's home is in Batman, though. And Ivy has never had an ongoing. Miniseries.

He has control because no one else who's writing cares enough to want control, I think. (And it's not just Cass - it's Steph, Tim, Basil, Azrael, and Batwing - heck, I'm pretty sure he still has a lot of control over Batwoman even though she does have her own ongoing.)

As for mentioning the engagement - just hang on for a bit. I'm personally hoping that it gets mentioned pretty soon in the new Fall of the Batmen arc.

Well. That's true. Catwoman's home is in Batman, though. And Ivy has never had an ongoing. Miniseries.

He has control because no one else who's writing cares enough to want control, I think. (And it's not just Cass - it's Steph, Tim, Basil, Azrael, and Batwing - heck, I'm pretty sure he still has a lot of control over Batwoman even though she does have her own ongoing.)

As for mentioning the engagement - just hang on for a bit. I'm personally hoping that it gets mentioned pretty soon in the new Fall of the Batmen arc.
    So Tynion has control of Steph right now too?

Meaning that she could be used in the group shot because her future won't be that affected where shouldn't be around OR because he has no plans for her?

I mean, Steph appeared with the Bensons so that's a good thing right?

So Tynion has control of Steph right now too?

Meaning that she could be used in the group shot because her future won't be that affected where shouldn't be around OR because he has no plans for her?

I mean, Steph appeared with the Bensons so that's a good thing right?
    Oh, yes he does!

I would say that the reason Steph was in the group shot was because Tynion's plans for the future involve her being a permanent member. I mean, he deliberately changed the Titans of Tomorrow future to include both her and Anarky, so I think she's part of his own future for the family, and King wanted to honor that as well.

And even though she's gotten pushback because she's still pretty anti-vigilante in Birds of Prey, I do think it's good that Steph is showing up in crossovers.

Maybe the reason of why this Tomorrow Tim isn't as crazy as the original (the one from Johns TT), is because Steph is alive, hell she was supposed to be death in the second time that they appeared too, so there is that. He is still pretty annoying thougth .