Page 156 of 246 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3689
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    We were talking about for the sixth ranger,dude.

Did you suddenly turn on Duke? I thought you were pretty neutral.
    I was neutral until All Star Batman #1. "Robin doesn't need Batman" "Batman doesn't need Robin" would have soured me on Steph as Robin, let alone someone who still didn't have his own foundational status quo yet.

So yeah, I'm still open to him being a good character, but right now, really, really bitter about the way Snyder has chosen to write him.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

My feelings toward Duke are always beetween indifference and sligth interest, saw the first few panels for his mini, at the very least looks decent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    My feelings toward Duke are always beetween indifference and sligth interest, saw the first few panels for his mini, at the very least looks decent.
    Cully Hamner is one of the best in the business. I'm interested in Duke's miniseries ONLY because of him. Snyder did a really hardcore salt-the-earth on my feelings towards Duke.

(Though I'm saying it now: If Steph is left out of the Batfamily in this miniseries, as the previews seem to indicate, that's going to make the situation a lot worse. Whereas Assam probably has a leg up since we know Cass will be appearing.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

I remain neutral on Duke. For every kinda good moment he has, there's something like "Batman doesn't need Robin" or 'getting to wear the Bat' or 'getting included with the BatFamily more often than Cass' which really pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

(Though I'm saying it now: If Steph is left out of the Batfamily in this miniseries, as the previews seem to indicate, that's going to make the situation a lot worse.
    We'll see how it goes down (I've seen some people speculating the dinner scene is a dream sequence) but if Steph is just outright excluded...well I'd say blame Tynion since he's the one who separated her from the BatFam and this was originally supposed to come out before her return, but the additional exclusions of Basil and JPV kinda ruin that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    There we go! Steph, Cass, Tim, Charlie, and Harper!
    Charlie....

Oh, I remember her.. Is that redhead that worked for Oracle.. She was like one barbara niece(in appearance)..

After King annual, I think that she would be replaced by Carrie..

I remain neutral on Duke. For every kinda good moment he has, there's something like "Batman doesn't need Robin" or 'getting to wear the Bat' or 'getting included with the BatFamily more often than Cass' which really pisses me off.

We'll see how it goes down (I've seen some people speculating the dinner scene is a dream sequence) but if Steph is just outright excluded...well I'd say blame Tynion since he's the one who separated her from the BatFam and this was originally supposed to come out before her return, but the additional exclusions of Basil and JPV kinda ruin that theory.
    Yeah. I have hope that it's just a few panels, so we haven't seen everything, but...it's a pretty packed scene, and so Steph feels like a deliberate exclusion at this point.

Oh, man, I hadn't even thought about Duke wearing the Bat. That is INFURIATING. RAAAAAAAAA.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Charlie....

Oh, I remember her.. Is that redhead that worked for Oracle.. She was like one barbara niece(in appearance)..
    Her code name is Misfit. She showed up in Batgirl #34 in the n52, and hasn't popped up since then. But in the original Simone/McKeever/Bedard Birds of Prey run (#56-end), she was a big part of the team. And I loved her! (Probably for very similar reasons I love Steph - scrappy, cheerful, determined to do the right thing, full of flaws but not a cynical anti-hero.)

Strangely enougth, i still like Duke more than Luke Fox, even if not by much. David Zavimbe is still 10 the characther than those 2 combined.

Strangely enougth, i still like Duke more than Luke Fox, even if not by much. David Zavimbe is still 10 the characther than those 2 combined.
    I tried Batwing when the n52 started, and it didn't work for me (too heavily reliant on graphic violence - seemed to present too much of a problem for Batwing to even remotely confront or solve it, and I don't like being entertained by graphic violence). When Luke was given the title, I read through it, and didn't enjoy it a ton, but I love the Fox family a lot (largely because of Red Robin and Tam), so I really like Luke being Batwing and expanding the roster in that direction. I'm kinda bummed that Bad Blood has a more interested backstory (for me, at least) for Luke than the comics, but Luke is still one of my favorite new additions to the Batfam in the n52.

But I think I'm probably one of the only ones. Well. Me and Tynion.

Is a shame that I donīt know the original batwing... Despite I know about one Batwing comic..

But maybe is the best.. Because he is not here..

BANNED

I really do need to try David's book some time.

There's also the problem for me that it was Luke who showed up in Batman Eternal, when I got back into comics, so it's Luke that I really associated with Steph and therefore awesome.

CONGRATULATIONS FOR 9000th POSTS..

Finally, with the image size I tried to put this image in different sizes many times:

batgirl__stephanie_brown.jpg

Beautiful cover.. no?

https://www.deviantart.com/art/Batgi...rown-719590008

I saw another image with Supergirl too..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Finally, with the image size I tried to put this image in different sizes many times:

batgirl__stephanie_brown.jpg

Beautiful cover.. no?

https://www.deviantart.com/art/Batgi...rown-719590008

I saw another image with Supergirl too..
    Nice! I always live seeing all the Steph s!