Page 180 of 246 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3689
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, at that point, I'm pretty sure Checkmate wasn't under Waller's control anymore. I don't know for sure, but she was forced out in Rucka's Checkmate series in 2007 (Checkmate #20), four years before Batgirl #24 came out.

Plus, Huntress and Mr. Terrific have worked for Checkmate at various times, so it's not like heroes couldn't do it.
    Yeah but if it's for a Black Label title Amanda Waller might be a must considering it's a mature imprint. But just to remind me for what demographic is Ink for and how could Knightwing: Agent of Checkmate fit into it?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yeah but if it's for a Black Label title Amanda Waller might be a must considering it's a mature imprint. But just to remind me for what demographic is Ink for and how could Knightwing: Agent of Checkmate fit into it?
    Ink is the YA market line. Zoom is the "for kids" line. I don't think Knightwing would work, since Steph would be in her twenties (though of course, you could age her down, since it would be AU). I just think a spy story starring Steph for Black Label could be pretty cool.

You're absolutely right that Waller could definitely be running Checkmate in the AU of a Black Label title. I was just thinking within continuity, silly me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Ink is the YA market line. Zoom is the "for kids" line. I don't think Knightwing would work, since Steph would be in her twenties (though of course, you could age her down, since it would be AU). I just think a spy story starring Steph for Black Label could be pretty cool.

You're absolutely right that Waller could definitely be running Checkmate in the AU of a Black Label title. I was just thinking within continuity, silly me.
    Thanks and so Knightwing is Stephanie forgive me if I didn't pick up on that sooner. I'm sure it would be something different because covert ops is something Stephanie doesn't really dabble in she's always been more of a street level heroine but that doesn't mean she shouldn't try her hand at cover ops. I can imagine Stephanie trying to play the femme fatale role in Knightwing: Agent of Checkmate and she's desperately trying to win her freedom form Waller. Heck that's what she's going to be engaging in Season 3 of Young Justice yes she just made the Team and will be working alongside Tim and Cassie Sandsmark.

Thanks and so Knightwing is Stephanie forgive me if I didn't pick up on that sooner. I'm sure it would be something different because covert ops is something Stephanie doesn't really dabble in she's always been more of a street level heroine but that doesn't mean she shouldn't try her hand at cover ops. I can imagine Stephanie trying to play the femme fatale role in Knightwing: Agent of Checkmate and she's desperately trying to win her freedom form Waller. Heck that's what she's going to be engaging in Season 3 of Young Justice yes she just made the Team and will be working alongside Tim and Cassie Sandsmark.
    Yes - there was a dream sequence in Batgirl #24 where Bryan Q. Miller had his artist (Pere Perez) draw huge beautiful splash pages of many storylines he had planned to write. Here's the one for Knightwing:

Batgirl (2009-2011) 024-018.jpg

I mean, I don't want to be too derivative, but I think Dick and Steph are very similar in personality, so I imagine it a lot like Grayson.

I can't wait for Young Justice season 3!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Yes - there was a dream sequence in Batgirl #24 where Bryan Q. Miller had his artist (Pere Perez) draw huge beautiful splash pages of many storylines he had planned to write. Here's the one for Knightwing:

Batgirl (2009-2011) 024-018.jpg

I mean, I don't want to be too derivative, but I think Dick and Steph are very similar in personality, so I imagine it a lot like Grayson.

I can't wait for Young Justice season 3!
    I forgot about that possible future the only difference is that men are not chasing after Stephanie like mad compared to women and Dick hahaha! Young Justice Season 3 should be fun and I cna imagine Tim and Cassie being rivals for Tim's affections assuming Tim and Cassie did not break up off screen.

I forgot about that possible future the only difference is that men are not chasing after Stephanie like mad compared to women and Dick hahaha! Young Justice Season 3 should be fun and I cna imagine Tim and Cassie being rivals for Tim's affections assuming Tim and Cassie did not break up off screen.
    I personally want Steph to have a great storyline. I hope she's not like Batgirl last season, where she doesn't really have a personality or mission, not even a one-shot episode. I'd love to see Steph dating Tim, but I would rather not have a major love triangle. Not my favorite type of storyline, because I think everyone comes out looking bad.

I personally want Steph to have a great storyline. I hope she's not like Batgirl last season, where she doesn't really have a personality or mission, not even a one-shot episode. I'd love to see Steph dating Tim, but I would rather not have a major love triangle. Not my favorite type of storyline, because I think everyone comes out looking bad.
    I hope so too because Season 2 suffered from having too many characters and not enough episodes to flesh them all out or give them significant roles the only new character who got to do anything significant was Jaime. And on top of that the founding members are still around in a different role. Maybe Cassie and Tim would have broken up off screen their relationship had no build up or anything they just put them together to try to create a poignant moment between Conner and Megan. So I would not be sad at all to see it go and should free Tim up for Stephanie to date just as long as they do it right. And if Stephanie doesn't get a role or a one shot episode there are more seasons in the works just as long as Darkseid isn't the only thing they have to make more stories.

The batfamily:

batfamily.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    The batfamily:

batfamily.jpg
    I love Steph's pose - it's so perfect for her character and joy!

Raül Fernandez streamed some of the inking of the #980 cover, and it looks like the theory that Steph and Cass will see their times as Batgirl is correct.

Edit: removed image at his request.
    Last edited by Caivu; 03-14-2018 at 09:50 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Raül Fernandez streamed some of the inking of the #980 cover, and it looks like the theory that Steph and Cass will see their times as Batgirl is correct:

Attachment 63296
    Ooooh, on the cover! Woohoo!

Where was Raul streaming?

Where was Raul streaming?
    Instagram. Might still be going.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Instagram. Might still be going.
    Hmm. What's his handle? My google fu is failing me.

Raül Fernandez streamed some of the inking of the #980 cover, and it looks like the theory that Steph and Cass will see their times as Batgirl is correct:

Attachment 63296
    WOW... Amazing..

Hmm. What's his handle? My google fu is failing me.
    Pitey.

Also, important! General advisory: Please don't spread those screenshots further. He contacted me on Twitter and asked me to take them down, so I will.