Page 186 of 246 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3689
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think a lot of our affection for one or the other has to do with how much we like certain storylines connected to Steph and Cass.
    Actually, while I do really like Gates of Gotham, that's not where my affection for Higgens primarily stems from. That'd be his current Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series. I know you aren't a fan of the franchise, but it is seriously one of the best books out there right now. Every main character, hero, villain or in-between, has been given a great amount of depth and/or development and the story is almost always engaging and well put together. Hell, he's done what DC and Marvel have never been able to do and gotten me excited for an event comic. While Tynion at his very best may have issues and moments comparable or beyond Gates of Gotham in quality, I've seen nothing from him that touches this book.

But I'm still pretty mad about his "Babs miscarries Bruce's baby" plotline in Batman Beyond
    Oh god, that was him? Ewwwww.

and even if you discount a lot of the flaws in his Nightwing n52 run, I don't think Nightwing: The New Order was a standout work.
    Not a shocker, but I haven't read either of these.

Bennett just doesn't appeal to me at all (which isn't the same as a skill evaluation, but I'm really unimpressed with her writing quality in Batwoman and in Bombshells,
    Well we can at least agree there.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Actually, while I do really like Gates of Gotham, that's not where my affection for Higgens primarily stems from. That'd be his current Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series. I know you aren't a fan of the franchise, but it is seriously one of the best books out there right now. Every main character, hero, villain or in-between, has been given a great amount of depth and/or development and the story is almost always engaging and well put together. Hell, he's done what DC and Marvel have never been able to do and gotten me excited for an event comic. While Tynion at his very best may have issues and moments comparable or beyond Gates of Gotham in quality, I've seen nothing from him that touches this book.
    Interesting. Yeah, I'm somewhat narrowly focused in my comics reading, and I don't generally check out things like TMNT or Power Rangers.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

pentapoda

Brain freeze

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    pentapoda

Brain freeze

Really cute! And thanks for the source!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Just goes to a show that a mentor isn't everything considering the MASSIVE skill gaps between those three, at least IMO.
    I mean, I also think there's a pretty big difference between them, but I'm pretty sure we'd judge the skill levels differently.
    And then you have me, who can't see any meaningful difference in quality between them (which I mean positively).
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    pentapoda

brain freeze

good image.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    And then you have me, who can't see any meaningful difference in quality between them (which I mean positively).
    Yep! It's good to have different appreciations, otherwise what would we talk about?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Well anyway at the moment id DC so chooses to stay the course with the DCEU how would you like Tim and Stephanie to be introduced in any future films considering how it's evident Jason is dead Nightwing is doing his own thing.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well anyway at the moment id DC so chooses to stay the course with the DCEU how would you like Tim and Stephanie to be introduced in any future films considering how it's evident Jason is dead Nightwing is doing his own thing.
    It's hard to say, since this is a 20-year Batman. Both Tim and Steph would be well into their adulthood, so an origin wouldn't make a ton of sense. But since we haven't seen any real indication of how the sidekick relationships work with Affleck's Batman, I don't know.

It's hard to say, since this is a 20-year Batman. Both Tim and Steph would be well into their adulthood, so an origin wouldn't make a ton of sense. But since we haven't seen any real indication of how the sidekick relationships work with Affleck's Batman, I don't know.
    How do you figure that Tim and Stephanie would be adults in the DCEU though wouldn't they be sixteen or something. And as far sidekick relationships work it was evident that Batman in DCEU valued Jason a lot.

How do you figure that Tim and Stephanie would be adults in the DCEU though wouldn't they be sixteen or something. And as far sidekick relationships work it was evident that Batman in DCEU valued Jason a lot.
    Well, Batman usually finds Robin after about a year. Even if he has Dick for 10 years, that means 10 more years, and Tim is usually only about 4-5 years younger than Dick. So that would make Dick around 30, and Tim and Steph around 25 (Steph is usually a year older than Tim).

Steph: I need more age... Damian canīt be the only who grows..

Screen Shot 138.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Steph: I need more age... Damian canīt be the only who grows..

Screen Shot 138.jpg
    Haha, so true. This is going to turn into a Babs and Dick situation, where Babs started out 4-5 years older, and ends up the exact same age...

Well, Batman usually finds Robin after about a year. Even if he has Dick for 10 years, that means 10 more years, and Tim is usually only about 4-5 years younger than Dick. So that would make Dick around 30, and Tim and Steph around 25 (Steph is usually a year older than Tim).
    I'm amazed that you even came up with this estimate despite comic book's broken nature with time. Well this is controversial but maybe if he's that old Tim if DC wants to Tim can just join Batman as Red Robin Stephanie can still be Spoiler. Just introduce them together as friends or boyfriend and girlfriend and that should make building up Tim and Stephanie a lot easier.

I'm amazed that you even came up with this estimate despite comic book's broken nature with time. Well this is controversial but maybe if he's that old Tim if DC wants to Tim can just join Batman as Red Robin Stephanie can still be Spoiler. Just introduce them together as friends or boyfriend and girlfriend and that should make building up Tim and Stephanie a lot easier.
    Well, I'm going off of things like Lonely Place of Dying, where Tim meets Dick the night his parents die. The way their drawn and written seemed like a good judge of the ages. And the old timeframe was that Dick was Robin for about 10 years (now I think it's about 5).

OOOOOR, you could have Steph meet Batman first! Hey, the did it in The Batman cartoon with Batgirl!