Page 190 of 246 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3689
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    would they let steph get pregnant again?
    That seems really unlikely. I kind of hope not.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

My collection is complete! Here's a picture of my hard copy Steph Batgirl collection along with my digital purchase of the new editions!

Steph hard copies.jpg

Steph digital.jpg
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    My collection is complete! Here's a picture of my hard copy Steph Batgirl collection along with my digital purchase of the new editions!

Steph hard copies.jpg

Steph digital.jpg
    Sweet! Congrats millernumber! Time to get reading!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Sweet! Congrats millernumber! Time to get reading!
    I do need to reread - problem is, I'm also in the middle of my X-Wing: Rogue Squadron reread from the crazy Marvel $.99 sale. So...hopefully I'll get to it tonight.

(Also, just a note - I always check and see if Amazon or Comixology is cheaper, since you can read both in the Comixology app - Comixology is currently $17, while Amazon is 24, so right now, best bet is to go for the Comixology version right now! I'm sure we'll get a sale sometime - the first volume was on a nice sale for 6 or 7 dollars during the Women's Day sale.)

my collection is complete! Here's a picture of my hard copy steph batgirl collection along with my digital purchase of the new editions!

Steph hard copies.jpg

Steph digital.jpg
    congratulations..

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Steph hard copies.jpg

Steph digital.jpg
    Nice to hear that enjoy!
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I love Stephanie and I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been discussed, but I'd really like to see her play up her whole "spoiler" angle in Gotham.

It's be ridiculously fun to read a title where Stephanie takes on spoiling the crimes of lower-level Batvillains. One, it gives Stephanie a chance to shine and two, it'd give a creator the chance to shine a spotlight on characters that rarely get much attention.

Kite-Man was revamped in the Jokes & Riddles storyline, so I'm kind of thinking along those lines. Make the villains less of a joke in some cases, and it shows a parallel of Stephanie rising as a hero, while the foes are trying to rise as villains. There could be some surprises in that premise with the right villainously creative writer behind it.

I'd love to see Stephanie up against Calendar Girl, Roxy Rocket, Condiment King, Gorilla Gang, Signalman, Mr. Polka-Dot, King-Tut, Globe, etc. Make them strange and somewhat vile, with some surprises as to how they're attempting to become "big guns" in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I love Stephanie and I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been discussed, but I'd really like to see her play up her whole "spoiler" angle in Gotham.

It's be ridiculously fun to read a title where Stephanie takes on spoiling the crimes of lower-level Batvillains. One, it gives Stephanie a chance to shine and two, it'd give a creator the chance to shine a spotlight on characters that rarely get much attention.

Kite-Man was revamped in the Jokes & Riddles storyline, so I'm kind of thinking along those lines. Make the villains less of a joke in some cases, and it shows a parallel of Stephanie rising as a hero, while the foes are trying to rise as villains. There could be some surprises in that premise with the right villainously creative writer behind it.

I'd love to see Stephanie up against Calendar Girl, Roxy Rocket, Condiment King, Gorilla Gang, Signalman, Mr. Polka-Dot, King-Tut, Globe, etc. Make them strange and somewhat vile, with some surprises as to how they're attempting to become "big guns" in Gotham.
    Welcome! I've been here for a while, and I still haven't read the WHOLE thread. It's a lot of pages. Page 200 here we come!

I think we got a significant chunk of Spoiler stuff in Batman Eternal and Batman and Robin Eternal. But we'd have to have more street-level stuff, and a stronger status quo to really get it at this point.

As for Steph vs. Roxy...good times, good times (Batgirl: Stephanie Brown vol. 1 on sale now!)

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

That should suit Stephanie's character very nicely it's too bad to pitch it to DC you need a sledgehammer to get pass the wall surrounding the comic book industry. And it's Calendar Man not Calendar Girl she's from the DCAU. And welcome to the thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    That should suit Stephanie's character very nicely it's too bad to pitch it to DC you need a sledgehammer to get pass the wall surrounding the comic book industry. And it's Calendar Man not Calendar Girl she's from the DCAU. And welcome to the thread
    Plenty of characters come from the DCAU. Like Roxy!

I bet you lots of fake money that BQM would have brought Calendar Girl if he'd continued.

Plenty of characters come from the DCAU. Like Roxy!

I bet you lots of fake money that BQM would have brought Calendar Girl if he'd continued.
    Yeah but how are you going to explain Calendar Girl's existence in the place of Calendar Man? Why is Bryan Q Miller Calendar Girl's creator?

Yeah but how are you going to explain Calendar Girl's existence in the place of Calendar Man? Why is Bryan Q Miller Calendar Girl's creator?
    Why do you have to explain it? Just give her a quick origin or something, and you're good.

BQM isn't her creator, he just loved using DCAU stuff in the Batgirl series. Like Roxy!

Why do you have to explain it? Just give her a quick origin or something, and you're good.

BQM isn't her creator, he just loved using DCAU stuff in the Batgirl series. Like Roxy!
    That's fair though I did not appreciate how he used Livewire the only part of Stephanie's costumes that was not covered her insulated costume in was her eyes and mouth which should have led to her to being fried. The fight could have been dragged out a little longer and have Stephanie defeat her through wit.

That's fair though I did not appreciate how he used Livewire the only part of Stephanie's costumes that was not covered her insulated costume in was her eyes and mouth which should have led to her to being fried. The fight could have been dragged out a little longer and have Stephanie defeat her through wit.
    Aww. I loved the Livewire fight. And it's not like Livewire is ever really used in a physically plausible way. For example, I don't think Batgirl in Burnside handled it any better. (Also, does it really fry you if your boots are insulated, so you're not grounded?)

Aww. I loved the Livewire fight. And it's not like Livewire is ever really used in a physically plausible way. For example, I don't think Batgirl in Burnside handled it any better. (Also, does it really fry you if your boots are insulated, so you're not grounded?)
    Well Livewire is able to fight Superman so she should give Stephanie a bigger challenge so some expected more from her. You can't be fried by electricity at all since you're covered by insulated material to groudn electricity would require something to direct into the ground.