Page 2 of 246 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post

New beginnings and all that....

Ha, yep I actually left a VERY subtle hint of things to come on the old board last night

What a great panel. In darkness...a new era begins!..

Ultimate Member

Steph's mother in Eternal #4, WOW! Just wow.

Thanks for making me hungry for waffles!

Great to see Steph Brown back again in Batman Eternal. The Once and Future Batgirl rides again!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Steph had an interesting and strong back story before, but I have to say they are really building her a great story here. I'm glad this book is weekly so we dont have to wait a month for each issue and her story to unfold.

So happy Steph is back. Eternal is a must for me just for that reason alone.

So how is Stephanie faring in Eternal? Is she the same person we all know and love, or have they botched her character? From what I gather, her origin seems to be (at least mostly) intact, right? If she's being treated right, then I'll start getting the series to support her. I just don't want a repeat of the Helena Bertinelli/Wayne fiasco, where I thought I was supporting a character I loved by buying her miniseries, only to find out at the end that it was all basically a lie (yes, I'm still bitter about that).

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    So how is Stephanie faring in Eternal? Is she the same person we all know and love, or have they botched her character? From what I gather, her origin seems to be (at least mostly) intact, right? If she's being treated right, then I'll start getting the series to support her. I just don't want a repeat of the Helena Bertinelli/Wayne fiasco, where I thought I was supporting a character I loved by buying her miniseries, only to find out at the end that it was all basically a lie (yes, I'm still bitter about that).
    We haven't really seen a huge amount of her so far. And we're starting from scratch, so she's not the funny, kick-ass, awesomesauce that she became in BQM's Batgirl. But so far, so... OK.

And at least she's not 12 years old, right?

I waited to get any Eternal issues until #3 came out. Know it probably didn't make any sort of difference, but wanted to give whatever kind of push I could to Steph coming back.

Became a big fan of hers last year. I was aware of Spoiler from Robin, though buying his series was hit and miss for me, and Cass' Batgirl series back in the day. But it wasn't until I read a fanfic of Steph going to the Marvel verse because of the new52 stuff that I came to love her.
    It was called Aegis and the set up is that Loki brings her back after Black Mask killed her in exchange for her agreeing to help him in the future, for whatever reason he asks for. Fast forward a few years, and people start forgetting about her as the new52 is treated as a multiverse thing. Loki brings her over...somehow (can't remember), and she ends up agreeing to be a protector for kidLoki.
    Anyway, it was a well written and interesting fic, and I became really intruiged with Stephanie as a character. Then bought the first few issues of her Batgirl series and that was all she wrote. Now I'm a fan for life.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBecc View Post
    So So happy to have Steph back, and i'm not unhappy with how it is happening either. Her origin remains unmolested....
    Her mother Crystal Brown, on the other hand...
    I just hope there's more to what's going on with her than has been shown so far.
    Still, I'm happy that Steph is back!

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Quote Originally Posted by michael-schofield View Post
    Damn, that's a gorgeous picture- what's it from??
    Batman Eternal #4
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post

God, I hope DC let's Kara and Steph become friends again somewhere down the road! Their friendship was adorable and so much fun. Their teamup issues in Bryan Q. Miller's run were some of the most fun I've ever had reading a comic in my life. THIS moment, in particular.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Amazing Member

Double post, so sorry
    Last edited by BumbleBecc; 05-03-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    God, I hope DC let's Kara and Steph become friends again somewhere down the road! Their friendship was adorable and so much fun. Their teamup issues in Bryan Q. Miller's run were some of the most fun I've ever had reading a comic in my life. THIS moment, in particular.
    I loved that issue, and that page was one of my favourite ever.
    Bryan Q Miller did such an amazing job. So sad to lose such a wonderful title.
    Not so keen on the previous pic, Artgerm let us down on that one. Much of his other work is beautiful though.
    Last edited by BumbleBecc; 05-03-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Her mother Crystal Brown, on the other hand...
    I just hope there's more to what's going on with her than has been shown so far.
    Still, I'm happy that Steph is back!
    Yeah on one hand what they seem to be doing with her mom is lame. On the other hand, we're kind of lucky compared to how Wally is turning out...