Page 226 of 246 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3689
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't think Didio actually has that much impact on those kinds of decisions at this point, unless he's writing it like Sideways. Those decisions are now made by Jamie Rich and his editorial team (Conroy, Wielgosz, Taylor, Holzherr, Javins, etc.)
    Thank god for that.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Thank god for that.
    Haha, yes. I think Didio is much better as an idea and publicity guy than a details and editorial guy. Especially if he keeps his mitts off of Steph.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Lee was never EIC. Didio and Lee are co-publishers, and have been at least since the n52. Didio was EIC from around 2005-2010/11ish, I think. Each family office has a fair amount of autonomy, I think (speculation).
    Well that explains why things seem a little more smooth and why Tynion can talk so freely about potential plans for Tim and by proxy Stephanie and why despite writing Sideways Didio's influence is lacking in the current DC regime. But doesn't Didio as the co-publisher still have a say on matters though?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well that explains why things seem a little more smooth and why Tynion can talk so freely about potential plans for Tim and by proxy Stephanie and why despite writing Sideways Didio's influence is lacking in the current DC regime. But doesn't Didio as the co-publisher still have a say on matters though?
    Yup, Didio has some say in big picture ideas, so he helped push things like Black Label and New Age of Heros and Zoom and Ink. I don't think he does a ton of review on individual issues or even regular series.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Yup, Didio has some say in big picture ideas, so he helped push things like Black Label and New Age of Heros and Zoom and Ink. I don't think he does a ton of review on individual issues or even regular series.
    Well too bad NEw Age of Heroes is failing but maybe Black Label, Zoom, and Ink can reach others where New Age of Heroes failed to do. And it was supposed to be about making new characters too bad though there are so many good characters in it. But he seems to be taking his time with Zoom and Ink as the release dates has been pushed back to 2019.

Well too bad NEw Age of Heroes is failing but maybe Black Label, Zoom, and Ink can reach others where New Age of Heroes failed to do. And it was supposed to be about making new characters too bad though there are so many good characters in it. But he seems to be taking his time with Zoom and Ink as the release dates has been pushed back to 2019.
    (I still think the meme that New Age of Heroes is failing is incorrect. It's not killing in sales, but...these are brand new characters with a tiny connection to the last event, and they're selling on artists who are leaving after three issues. I think they're selling very well for that.)

Black Label, Zoom, and Ink are all shooting for the Scholastic/mainstream book market. So it's not really the same thing as New Age of Heroes.

I'd much rather have things pushed back than rushed product. Though given how irritated I am with Doomsday Clock, maybe I should revise that. Don't START releasing until you're able to meet the schedule in following months. Seriously.

Anyhoo. This has been a really fun last couple of months for a Steph fan. Hopefully we get some news soon that she'll be showing up SOMEWHERE.

(I still think the meme that New Age of Heroes is failing is incorrect. It's not killing in sales, but...these are brand new characters with a tiny connection to the last event, and they're selling on artists who are leaving after three issues. I think they're selling very well for that.)

Black Label, Zoom, and Ink are all shooting for the Scholastic/mainstream book market. So it's not really the same thing as New Age of Heroes.

I'd much rather have things pushed back than rushed product. Though given how irritated I am with Doomsday Clock, maybe I should revise that. Don't START releasing until you're able to meet the schedule in following months. Seriously.

Anyhoo. This has been a really fun last couple of months for a Steph fan. Hopefully we get some news soon that she'll be showing up SOMEWHERE.
    Well that applies to Doomsday Clock but not Black Label, Zoom, or Ink since they haven't been released yet anyway. For all of Didio's apparent ineptitude he seems to showing some understanding on where the money is the mainsteam book market. I still think as part of some attempt at corporate synergy Tim and Stephanie will be showing up in a new Young Justice book even if the line up will not match the current one in the show completely. I mean with Bart Allen's return being teased in Flash War it's a huge sign of things to come.

Well that applies to Doomsday Clock but not Black Label, Zoom, or Ink since they haven't been released yet anyway. For all of Didio's apparent ineptitude he seems to showing some understanding on where the money is the mainsteam book market. I still think as part of some attempt at corporate synergy Tim and Stephanie will be showing up in a new Young Justice book even if the line up will not match the current one in the show completely. I mean with Bart Allen's return being teased in Flash War it's a huge sign of things to come.
    Well. I'm also hoping that we get another tie-in comic to the actual show, like they did with the original release of the series. This time, with Steph as the MAIN CHARACTER (joke).

Well. I'm also hoping that we get another tie-in comic to the actual show, like they did with the original release of the series. This time, with Steph as the MAIN CHARACTER (joke).
    I honestly don't like the idea of a tie-in comic because I didn't even know one existed until I stumbled across it on the Young Justice Wiki. I feel like it makes the show a little harder to get into. And Season 2 shot itself in the foot by skipping over five years worth of development to introduce new characters right away.

I honestly don't like the idea of a tie-in comic because I didn't even know one existed until I stumbled across it on the Young Justice Wiki. I feel like it makes the show a little harder to get into. And Season 2 shot itself in the foot by skipping over five years worth of development to introduce new characters right away.
    I thought it was fine. The show was perfect by itself, and the comic just gave fans a bit extra.

I think the real problem with season 2 was the lack of episodes. S3 should be better about that.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvinDraper View Post
    By epitomime on Tumblr/Twitter
    This picture is beautiful. I can only see Steph being this adorable <3

I thought it was fine. The show was perfect by itself, and the comic just gave fans a bit extra.

I think the real problem with season 2 was the lack of episodes. S3 should be better about that.
    Well certain areas yeah like the episode where Aqualad tries to choose between staying on the surface or going back to Atlantis but the plot involving Ocean Master trying to persecute Atlantian minorities should have been a TV episode not in the comic. It doesn't interfere with the show but anyone who doesn't read Aquaman would see the show and won't be able to tell that Orm was really Ocean Master. Heck i'm annoyed Ocean Master got thrown out of the Light with no explanation just to make room for Black Manta to join it. What do you mean lack of episodes?

Well certain areas yeah like the episode where Aqualad tries to choose between staying on the surface or going back to Atlantis but the plot involving Ocean Master trying to persecute Atlantian minorities should have been a TV episode not in the comic. It doesn't interfere with the show but anyone who doesn't read Aquaman would see the show and won't be able to tell that Orm was really Ocean Master. Heck i'm annoyed Ocean Master got thrown out of the Light with no explanation just to make room for Black Manta to join it. What do you mean lack of episodes?
    There were fewer episodes in the second season than in the first.

There were fewer episodes in the second season than in the first.
    I thought there only thirteen or twenty episodes per season?

I thought there only thirteen or twenty episodes per season?
    s1 - 26
    s2 - 20
    s3 - 26