Page 233 of 246 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 3689
    Fantastic Member

Hey guys what do you think of this AU idea involving Stephanie Brown?

Stephanie: "NO NO NO! That bastard he LIED! He said he was done with it all, done with being the Cluemaster." She said with bile.

Stephanie Brown* was furious as she had just found out her father Arthur Brown had resumed criminal activities as Cluemaster after getting released from prison and what's worse, he was no longer leaving clues behind for his crimes and was getting away with it all.

Stephanie: "Of course it was another lie, crime and money is only things he cares about, not mother and certain not me. I really hope he was going to at least try this time but it hasn't been even a GODDAMN WEEK!"

Enraged, Stephanie smashes the bathroom mirror with her fist which causes blood to come from her hand.

Stephanie: "Someone needs to stop him. And if the Police can't figure it out, I'll give them hints, I'll will become Spo-"

Just as Stephanie is about to finish that sentence, a small red object that looked like a ring crashs through her bathroom window surprising her.

"Stephanie Brown of Earth. You have Great RAGE in your heart. You BELONG. To the RED LANTERN CORPS."

Stephanie: "Wait wha-" is all she can say before goes on her finger and Stephanie Brown life changes forever.

And yes there will be some changes to the Red Lantern Corps so that Stephanie will not be just a mindless killing machine like in Corps early days.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Hey guys what do you think of this AU idea involving Stephanie Brown?

Stephanie: "NO NO NO! That bastard he LIED! He said he was done with it all, done with being the Cluemaster." She said with bile.

Stephanie Brown* was furious as she had just found out her father Arthur Brown had resumed criminal activities as Cluemaster after getting released from prison and what's worse, he was no longer leaving clues behind for his crimes and was getting away with it all.

Stephanie: "Of course it was another lie, crime and money is only things he cares about, not mother and certain not me. I really hope he was going to at least try this time but it hasn't been even a GODDAMN WEEK!"

Enraged, Stephanie smashes the bathroom mirror with her fist which causes blood to come from her hand.

Stephanie: "Someone needs to stop him. And if the Police can't figure it out, I'll give them hints, I'll will become Spo-"

Just as Stephanie is about to finish that sentence, a small red object that looked like a ring crashs through her bathroom window surprising her.

"Stephanie Brown of Earth. You have Great RAGE in your heart. You BELONG. To the RED LANTERN CORPS."

Stephanie: "Wait wha-" is all she can say before goes on her finger and Stephanie Brown life changes forever.

And yes there will be some changes to the Red Lantern Corps so that Stephanie will not be just a mindless killing machine like in Corps early days.
    I'm always up for an AU.

I think it's so fun whenever people try to make Steph a lantern, though, because people get so heated about which one she is. BQM made her a Blue Lantern in her Black Mercy hallucination, which fit with his run, where she was all about hope (and as a non-lantern reader, I think if she's like Lois Lane Blue Lantern in Nightwing: The New Order, I'm down for that). Several fanarts have made her a Green Lantern, and BQM again made her Babs in Smallville, who was originally Steph and he's openly admitted he wrote pretty much like Steph even though her name was Babs, a Green Lantern in the end of that series (oh, my heart. So much amaze and sadness - everyone should go read Smallville Season 11 now!) And there's definitely a lot of fans who agree with your theory, that Steph has a lot of rage and would be a Red Lantern. As long as Steph's a hero and has a good story, I am for it!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Getting a bit more pessimistic about Steph's future. Miller, you listened to the same podcast I did and from the sound of one thing Hill said, it seems like Bruce is going to be on the Outsiders team with Cass, fulfilling the 'Book with two Knights' that Tynion was 'helping to develop.' Steph's still with Tim, who we know there are plans for (probably still YJ), but even if she's with him when they next pop up, that doesn't mean she's going to have a regular home in Tim's new book.

BANNED

Shell probably be a regular in his book. And yeah, i know its a regression for the character, but its less of a regression than a lot of characters have suffered. Shell make it back into her own solo tho, shes a great character on her own, she just needs a decent writer and to get her old stuff back.

Already her Spoiler mantle is meme material and can only grow in popularity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Shell probably be a regular in his book.
    I'm not saying it's impossible, but if Outsiders does turn out to be the book Tynion was referring to (which, thinking about it, makes more sense since it's spinning directly out of 'Tec and he's said he's no longer involved with Tim), all my previous ideas about why Steph may not be a regular in YJ are once again valid.
    Last edited by Assam; 06-09-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'm not saying it's impossible, but if Outsiders does turn out to be the book Tynion was referring to (which, thinking about it, makes more sense since it's spinning directly out of 'Tec and he's said he's no longer involved with Tim), all more previous ideas about why Steph may not be a regular in YJ are once again valid.
    It probably depends a lot on who's going to end up writing Young Justice and how much said writer is willing to dive into the characters involved or those closest to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Getting a bit more pessimistic about Steph's future. Miller, you listened to the same podcast I did and from the sound of one thing Hill said, it seems like Bruce is going to be on the Outsiders team with Cass, fulfilling the 'Book with two Knights' that Tynion was 'helping to develop.' Steph's still with Tim, who we know there are plans for (probably still YJ), but even if she's with him when they next pop up, that doesn't mean she's going to have a regular home in Tim's new book.
    Yeah. I don't know about Bruce on the Outsiders, but that would be a worst case scenario on that interpretation - not worst because the book will be bad, I have every hope it'll be amazing - but worst for Tim and Steph fans, since we were hoping for another book for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Shell probably be a regular in his book. And yeah, i know its a regression for the character, but its less of a regression than a lot of characters have suffered. Shell make it back into her own solo tho, shes a great character on her own, she just needs a decent writer and to get her old stuff back.

Already her Spoiler mantle is meme material and can only grow in popularity.
    That's the positive side of my thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It probably depends a lot on who's going to end up writing Young Justice and how much said writer is willing to dive into the characters involved or those closest to them.
    Yup, that makes sense.

Though I still don't know why we're sure YJ is happening, since we already have both Titans and Teen Titans. However, if the rumors of DC Universe going online in August are true, there's a chance of Young Justice Outsiders going online earlier, too - maybe September. Which would mean that a tie-in or synergy series might happen. But I'm not seeing those announcements, so I'm still skeptical.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I think its wishful thinking that Steph would have much of a role in a YJ series, and even if she was in it I have a hard time seeing that she would get much focused when most of those guys need quite a bit of work themselves. And if she did get focuse I could see YJ fans turning on her.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-09-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think its wishful thinking that Steph would have much of a role in a YJ series, and even if she was in it I have a hard time seeing that she would get much focused when most of those guys need quite a bit of work themselves. And if she did get focuse I could see YJ fans turning on her.
    Really depends on the writer.

And...is there a reason you're trying to rain on the parade?

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Really depends on the writer.

And...is there a reason you're trying to rain on the parade?
    Thats a parade? Look im sorry, but it just doesn't seem a like the best situation to be hoping for a book she has never had much of a role in before to be her savior. Where is the precedent even for that?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-09-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Thats a parade? Look im sorry, but it just doesn't seem a like the best situation to be hoping for a book she has never had much of a role in before to be her savior. Where is the precedent even for that?
    It is an appreciation thread.

It is an appreciation thread.
    What does that have to do with this discussion. Im not advocating against Steph or anything by disagreeing that YJ is her hope.

I dunno.

Personally I'd reserve any judgement's about Steph's possible role in a Young Justice book until we get a creative team and roster, but just the idea of her at least being in a book would be nice.

I'm actually kind of curious if Mairghead Scott, Cass fan that she is, would be willing to feature her in Batgirl.

What does that have to do with this discussion. Im not advocating against Steph or anything by disagreeing that YJ is her hope.
    How is that appreciating Steph?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno.

Personally I'd reserve any judgement's about Steph's possible role in a Young Justice book until we get a creative team and roster, but just the idea of her at least being in a book would be nice.

I'm actually kind of curious if Mairghead Scott, Cass fan that she is, would be willing to feature her in Batgirl.
    Well. I'm still afraid that editorial will stomp on Scott's Cass hopes. And ours. So until we have actual confirmation (probably not until the book is in our hands) that Cass will be in the book, I'm worried that this will just be Babs, solo as usual. But hope to be proven wrong.

How is that appreciating Steph?
    Im recognizing that YJ might not be a real hope for Steph, nor a place where she could really succeed.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-09-2018 at 09:04 PM.