Page 237 of 246 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 3689
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Leslie had several great stories in NML, often involving Huntress, so maybe. But the whole of NML was pretty dark. I'm sure that's part of why they had difficulty making a kids show about it.
    No Man's Land probably fits better on the Gotham show than a kids TV and this concept could fit on a Netflix or even DC's upcoming streaming service.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Amazing Member

How would you guys do if you were given the greenlight from DC to write a Spoiler solo title? I'll have a Year One-esque storyline and give her an expanded origin, that retcons her to KNOWING her dad was Cluemaster, her having to deal with it, her first encounter with Batman when he fought Cluemaster in her house, her first team up with Tim Drake, and a proto-Spoiler. I also have an idea for a story where she is held up in a convenient store robbery, injured, and is outnumbered with police surrounding them, trying to find a way to escape. I'll also have Cassandra Cain and Tim Drake appear now and then (Cass will appear more often), her trying to find her mother who left in Batman Eternal. It'll also feature characters from her era as Batgirl, such as Nell Little who Steph would mentor, villains such as Harmony, Slipstream, and also that group from New 52 Batgirl known as Gladius, who would be sort of the main villains of the run, since Steph was part of Bab's team to take them down. And, Cluemaster would be resurrected by them via Lazarus Pit, becoming a more capable villain and remembers Batman's identity. I'll also have a Spiderverse-style storyline with different versions of Stephanie team up to stop another group of Stephanies from trying to kill someone (I'm not sure who yet).

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post
    How would you guys do if you were given the greenlight from DC to write a Spoiler solo title? I'll have a Year One-esque storyline and give her an expanded origin, that retcons her to KNOWING her dad was Cluemaster, her having to deal with it, her first encounter with Batman when he fought Cluemaster in her house, her first team up with Tim Drake, and a proto-Spoiler. I also have an idea for a story where she is held up in a convenient store robbery, injured, and is outnumbered with police surrounding them, trying to find a way to escape. I'll also have Cassandra Cain and Tim Drake appear now and then (Cass will appear more often), her trying to find her mother who left in Batman Eternal. It'll also feature characters from her era as Batgirl, such as Nell Little who Steph would mentor, villains such as Harmony, Slipstream, and also that group from New 52 Batgirl known as Gladius, who would be sort of the main villains of the run, since Steph was part of Bab's team to take them down. And, Cluemaster would be resurrected by them via Lazarus Pit, becoming a more capable villain and remembers Batman's identity. I'll also have a Spiderverse-style storyline with different versions of Stephanie team up to stop another group of Stephanies from trying to kill someone (I'm not sure who yet).
    Interesting! I'd be completely in favor of a Spoiler: Year One story. When would you have her find out her dad was Cluemaster? And what is your idea of a proto-Spoiler? First team-up with Tim is desperately needed in current continuity - showing that relationship's development from their first meeting. I'd love to see Cass appear as well, maybe make it a buddy road trip to find BOTH of their mothers. Finding Nell again - big fan! (Though I hope she's more an everygirl like Steph used to be - I'd also hope that Steph went back to being more of an everygirl, and not a supergenius like Steph sometimes is now, and Tiffany Fox was in Future's End and Batwing.)

The idea of multiple versions of Steph teaming up are pretty great! I was pitching the idea of trying to get BQM back to write an Annual for the current run, where Steph, Cass, and Babs all get sucked back in time to team up with Lady Blackhawk and the other Blackhawks, and that sounds kinda similar, too (as well as the Calling All Robins story from Brave and the Bold). But why would there be evil Stephanies?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Amazing Member

It'll be nothing dramatic, but Arthur would gloat to Steph and Crystal that he's going to make it big, probably already in costume. As for proto-Spoiler, I want to show that the Brown family is infamous because of her dad, and Steph gets bullied over it. She makes a costume just to scare off her bullies at night, but makes sure that no one can trace her, it'll also fill in the gap in Batman Eternal that she suddenly has a costume, but a crappy version of it. Steph's "super genius" status would be toned down, she's good with tech, but not Tim leveled.

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post
    It'll be nothing dramatic, but Arthur would gloat to Steph and Crystal that he's going to make it big, probably already in costume. As for proto-Spoiler, I want to show that the Brown family is infamous because of her dad, and Steph gets bullied over it. She makes a costume just to scare off her bullies at night, but makes sure that no one can trace her, it'll also fill in the gap in Batman Eternal that she suddenly has a costume, but a crappy version of it. Steph's "super genius" status would be toned down, she's good with tech, but not Tim leveled.
    Interesting. That sounds like some fun ideas! (I would actually try to level Tim down a bit, too. Super geniuses are less interesting in general ).

I say we hire you and go from there
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Wellcome to CBR juffuj5, I saw you recently mentioning Steph.. I want her return too..

Unfortunatelly, Young Justice Outsiders has no started yet.

So anyone hoping DC will reprint Stephanie's adventures as Batgirl in their new Walmart exclusive initiative? They are already printing Geoff Johns Teen Titans run Post-Crisis so why not huh?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    So anyone hoping DC will reprint Stephanie's adventures as Batgirl in their new Walmart exclusive initiative? They are already printing Geoff Johns Teen Titans run Post-Crisis so why not huh?
    Well, part of me hopes that we'll get to #13, so we'll get Steph as Robin in this series (even though I do not at all plan to buy Teen Titans, I would buy the heck out of that issue!), but I think even that is unlikely. Probably just the first arc, then switch to another arc.

As for the idea of Steph's Batgirl run showing in in one of the Giants? I'd say it's much more likely to show up in Batman (which is reprinting Nightwing) than in Teen Titans, since none of the Batgirls have been major characters in any of the Teen Titans runs, that I'm aware of.

I personally think we deserve a Batgirl Giant series - Tim Seeley writing a new Batgirl story (though it might also be Steve Orlando, which I would be sad about, but he's a perfectly decent writer), and then reprinting Batgirl Year One, Birds of Prey, Cass's Batgirl run, and Steph's Batgirl run.

Well, part of me hopes that we'll get to #13, so we'll get Steph as Robin in this series (even though I do not at all plan to buy Teen Titans, I would buy the heck out of that issue!), but I think even that is unlikely. Probably just the first arc, then switch to another arc.

As for the idea of Steph's Batgirl run showing in in one of the Giants? I'd say it's much more likely to show up in Batman (which is reprinting Nightwing) than in Teen Titans, since none of the Batgirls have been major characters in any of the Teen Titans runs, that I'm aware of.

I personally think we deserve a Batgirl Giant series - Tim Seeley writing a new Batgirl story (though it might also be Steve Orlando, which I would be sad about, but he's a perfectly decent writer), and then reprinting Batgirl Year One, Birds of Prey, Cass's Batgirl run, and Steph's Batgirl run.
    You're probably right it would make more sense for both Cass and Stephanie's Batgirl runs and Birds of Prey to be reprinted in Batman really I mean they were some of DC's most successful runs in Post-Crisis it would foolish for them to not do it. With so many Batfamily members being hot property DC will need to get that Batgirl Giant Size series out just to keep up with the demand if it works and hopefully it does.

You're probably right it would make more sense for both Cass and Stephanie's Batgirl runs and Birds of Prey to be reprinted in Batman really I mean they were some of DC's most successful runs in Post-Crisis it would foolish for them to not do it. With so many Batfamily members being hot property DC will need to get that Batgirl Giant Size series out just to keep up with the demand if it works and hopefully it does.
    I mean, realistically, if you look at Babs's sales since she took over, and even Steph's sales, she's a steady but bottom of the top 100 seller. That's not the kind of title we're going to get a Giant out of - even if you could argue that a new market like Walmart wouldn't have the same gender-limiters that dominate the direct market.

I mean, realistically, if you look at Babs's sales since she took over, and even Steph's sales, she's a steady but bottom of the top 100 seller. That's not the kind of title we're going to get a Giant out of - even if you could argue that a new market like Walmart wouldn't have the same gender-limiters that dominate the direct market.
    Well there is the other option of not putting Barbara at the front and centre of the series use the Birds of Prey it was more interesting than the main Batgirl series regardless of that weird Manslaughter story that stopped making sense after the it first started and had weird political undertones.

Well there is the other option of not putting Barbara at the front and centre of the series use the Birds of Prey it was more interesting than the main Batgirl series regardless of that weird Manslaughter story that stopped making sense after the it first started and had weird political undertones.
    Aww, I liked Manslaughter. And not just because it had Steph in it! I thought it was a good call to reject extremism on all sides. Similar to the Red Hood vs. Anarky book this week.

But I think Steph showing up in one of these Wal-Mart books would be ideal. I just don't know that it's likely to happen, given what we're seeing so far. If Teen Titans Giant lasts for 13 issues, we could get John's #13, which has Steph as Robin, but...we'll have to wait and see.

Aww, I liked Manslaughter. And not just because it had Steph in it! I thought it was a good call to reject extremism on all sides. Similar to the Red Hood vs. Anarky book this week.

But I think Steph showing up in one of these Wal-Mart books would be ideal. I just don't know that it's likely to happen, given what we're seeing so far. If Teen Titans Giant lasts for 13 issues, we could get John's #13, which has Steph as Robin, but...we'll have to wait and see.
    I suppose though it had to slip this weird idea that the virus was not acting politically correct but I've seen worse political messages. I mean the point of these Giant Size Walmart stories is to get the kids while they still can and it's very easy to do it. Too bad it will take a year before it can hit issue 13. Still if people see that stuff and enjoy it will sell out it really seems like DC wants to make sure their stuff is seen on all aspects of the business market. And maybe kids especially young girls will start sending letters to DC telling them to give them more Stephanie.

I suppose though it had to slip this weird idea that the virus was not acting politically correct but I've seen worse political messages. I mean the point of these Giant Size Walmart stories is to get the kids while they still can and it's very easy to do it. Too bad it will take a year before it can hit issue 13. Still if people see that stuff and enjoy it will sell out it really seems like DC wants to make sure their stuff is seen on all aspects of the business market. And maybe kids especially young girls will start sending letters to DC telling them to give them more Stephanie.
    I mean, it's basically a reversal of the plot of the great Detective Comics Annual #1, by Dennis O'Neil and art by the master Klaus Janson, where the Penguin buys a biological weapon that only attacks women, and Talia takes a shot of it to protect Batman (illogically, since it wouldn't have hurt him), and he saves her by having testosterone injected. So I appreciated that. Plus I liked the idea of rejecting hatred of men or women.

Yes, the Walmart Giant digests are definitely to get kids interested (so I hope they don't put War Games in there ). I'm definitely getting some of them, at least to start with! It would be amazing if we got a bunch of fans telling the writers and artists they want to see more Steph at conventions and by twitter and email.

I mean, it's basically a reversal of the plot of the great Detective Comics Annual #1, by Dennis O'Neil and art by the master Klaus Janson, where the Penguin buys a biological weapon that only attacks women, and Talia takes a shot of it to protect Batman (illogically, since it wouldn't have hurt him), and he saves her by having testosterone injected. So I appreciated that. Plus I liked the idea of rejecting hatred of men or women.

Yes, the Walmart Giant digests are definitely to get kids interested (so I hope they don't put War Games in there ). I'm definitely getting some of them, at least to start with! It would be amazing if we got a bunch of fans telling the writers and artists they want to see more Steph at conventions and by twitter and email.
    Really? I was getting the same vibe from that Fury arc from Justice League from Manslaughter. At least the story was against gender hatred in general though I found it awkward that Lois Lane's priority was setting back feminism when there were bigger things at stake like faltering birth rates and insufficient manpower. War Games was a pretty polarising story anyway i doubt DC would be stupid enough to reprint ti and I don't think there's a huge demand for it to be reprinted thanks to the graphic violence and terribly poorly conceived plot. Put that out and kids won't want to read it. If such a great deal of demand for Stephanie comes out even Dan Didio can't ignore it forever despite his weird dislike of Stephanie.