Page 238 of 246 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3689
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Really? I was getting the same vibe from that Fury arc from Justice League from Manslaughter. At least the story was against gender hatred in general though I found it awkward that Lois Lane's priority was setting back feminism when there were bigger things at stake like faltering birth rates and insufficient manpower. War Games was a pretty polarising story anyway i doubt DC would be stupid enough to reprint ti and I don't think there's a huge demand for it to be reprinted thanks to the graphic violence and terribly poorly conceived plot. Put that out and kids won't want to read it. If such a great deal of demand for Stephanie comes out even Dan Didio can't ignore it forever despite his weird dislike of Stephanie.
    I mean, sadly, a big truth of polarizing stories is that they do get sales. The problem is they are cannibalizing sales from the future - people buy this, and are so turned off by Steph's torture and death that they leave comics. So I don't think DC's really learned anything.

Bring up the demand! Tweet your comics writers!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean, sadly, a big truth of polarizing stories is that they do get sales. The problem is they are cannibalizing sales from the future - people buy this, and are so turned off by Steph's torture and death that they leave comics. So I don't think DC's really learned anything.

Bring up the demand! Tweet your comics writers!
    I will never understand what makes good literature these days. What do you mean by cannibalising sales? Sure spread the word why not huh?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I will never understand what makes good literature these days. What do you mean by cannibalising sales? Sure spread the word why not huh?
    You eat the sales of the future by getting people who might be interested in comics starring characters who are wrecked by the current "shocking" status quo. So people who wanted to buy future Steph comics are like, "No, she's dead" or "No, even if she comes back, she started a gang war" (both of these I've have seen happen).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

You eat the sales of the future by getting people who might be interested in comics starring characters who are wrecked by the current "shocking" status quo. So people who wanted to buy future Steph comics are like, "No, she's dead" or "No, even if she comes back, she started a gang war" (both of these I've have seen happen).
    I see that's sad if only DC would stop reprinting War Games still if DC wants to win over kids with this initiative they shouldn't reprint War Games in these Giant size series. It'll be on their heads if they do that they should just reprint Stephanie's Batgirl run it's safe enough.

I see that's sad if only DC would stop reprinting War Games still if DC wants to win over kids with this initiative they shouldn't reprint War Games in these Giant size series. It'll be on their heads if they do that they should just reprint Stephanie's Batgirl run it's safe enough.
    Yup. I think Steph's run, Cass's first few arcs, and Batgirl Year One would be perfect for this kind of reprint program. And Birds of Prey, natch.

Yup. I think Steph's run, Cass's first few arcs, and Batgirl Year One would be perfect for this kind of reprint program. And Birds of Prey, natch.
    So best hope and maybe push for DC to reprint those in the Walmart initiative.

So best hope and maybe push for DC to reprint those in the Walmart initiative.
    Eh. We'll have to see what it looks like in a weekish! I have put it on my calendar.

Eh. We'll have to see what it looks like in a weekish! I have put it on my calendar.
    Well at least you can get them anytime you want Walmart hasn't set up shop here in my country.

Heh. I like to see Steph's face as part of the lead image in this SDCC panel announcement article: https://www.newsarama.com/40539-wbtv...l-details.html

Heh. I like to see Steph's face as part of the lead image in this SDCC panel announcement article: https://www.newsarama.com/40539-wbtv...l-details.html
    That is a shocker considering how little interest a lot people have in Stephanie outside of the comics crowd. Still it is nice in a weird way.

That is a shocker considering how little interest a lot people have in Stephanie outside of the comics crowd. Still it is nice in a weird way.
    See, I think that lack of interest is PURELY because they don't know about her, not because they dislike her. That's why I like it.

See, I think that lack of interest is PURELY because they don't know about her, not because they dislike her. That's why I like it.
    Well Young Justice will probably be the gate way to making more people Stephanie Brown fans if Weisman has learned from his mistake of over stuffing the cast in Season 2. And I am guessing that he will have broken up Tim and Cassie off screen just like he did with Dick and Zatana so that Stephanie and Tim can be together.

I like that too.

Extraordinary Member

is tim taking her to the wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    is tim taking her to the wedding
    Only Tom King knows!