Page 4 of 246 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Ok. Going to start bringing over some of the fics I wrote for the original thread now, starting with my take on if the old Steph found out about Damian's death.

Stephanie swallowed as she listened to Tim speak on the other side of the phone line.

"The-there's no chance it's fake? No way he's gone off to Africa or something?"

"Fraid not." Tim replied. "This is as real as it gets."

Her hand shaking, Steph put down the phone. She turned around and walked slowly out of the kitchen. Unfortunately, her mother was in the living room.

"What's wrong?" Crystal asked. "You look white as a ghost."

"N-nothing." Steph said.

"Stephanie, what is it?"

"I said there's nothing wrong! Steph yelled. "Just leave me alone!"

She ran upstairs, leaving her mother unsure of how to respond.

Stephanie locked the door to her room and began to cry.

"Little twit. Always leaping before you look. Always biting off more than you can chew."

She rubbed her eyes, trying to wipe away the tears. But they wouldn't stop.

"Then again, who am I to talk?"

Steph opened the drawer where she kept hidden her pictures of herself with the vigilantes she was closest to. Most were of her with either Tim, Cass, or Babs. But there was one of most of INC. She smiled at the image of herself smirking as she gave bunny ears to the scowling Robin from behind.

Now she wished she had at least one picture of just herself and Damian.

She never considered herself to be friends with him before. In fact, they couldn't stand each other. But they had reached something of an understanding. And she had felt so bad for him that she had made it one of her missions to teach him how to have fun.

'It's not fair." she said to herself. They all knew the risks. Contrary to what some believed about her, she knew them as well as anyone. But he was so young.

Stephanie closed the drawer. She couldn't talk to her mother about this. She couldn't reveal that Robin was dead, or that he had been eleven years old. Crystal already disapproved of the vigilante lifestyle. But it really sucked to not be able to talk to her own mother about a peer of hers dying.

Steph entered her closet and reached for the box on the top shelf that contained her costume. If Damian's death was affecting her this much, it must be truly crushing for his father and former partner Dick. Everyone would be in mourning.

Knowing Batman, he'd keep his feelings bottled up and push those he needed away. But if he was smarter this time and allowed others to try to comfort him, the least she could do was provide a shoulder to cry on.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

When forums reboot... anyway for those who are interested here is a link to the dA Steph tribute folder where I put the stuff I wrote when DC rebooted. There are sixteen issues worth of scripts and cover art for each as well as a few odds and ends.

http://chickfighter.deviantart.com/gallery/35412958

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Just a question, does anyone think that Steph and Tim will at least meet one another? Or that they already know one another? That would be interesting having them already know one another as friends from school. Certainly make for an interesting moment when she become spoiler and he shows up as Red Robin.

Ultimate Member

Well, given how long Eternal is going to be, and that it's going to cover A LOT of Gotham and it's characters, it wouldn't surprise me if Steph and Tim bumped into each other at some point. Especially since Batman #28 built her up as being really important to stopping this big disaster that's going on.

Interesting. I need to get a hold of that book. *sighs* I thought I had it on my pull list, guess not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Interesting. I need to get a hold of that book. *sighs* I thought I had it on my pull list, guess not.
    Here is the image in question, if you're interested:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-conte.../IMG_00491.jpg

She only physically appears on that one page. However, Selina's comments tell you that she's going to be important. Also, that new Spoiler costume looks fantastic.

urk, can't see that image at all.

Really now? I hope that they don't muddle this up. Again, looks like I'm going to have to pull this book.

managed to find it. Oh wow it does look awesome and I love the fact that they put some of her batgirl costume detail (the ribbing on the side) into it.
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 05-05-2014 at 01:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    cosplayers are really quick

Yes they are, we should be seeing new Spoiler cosplay at Sandiego and New Yorks Comic cons this year.

Ultimate Member

I was just about to say the same thing. Man that was fast. Not a bad attempt either.

Helps that Dustin Nguyen did two sketches as well of Steph in her New 52 costume with this being the best look at it in full mask:

I really hope he just says one day he's going to release a print of that or the "real" ending to #28.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

She's got a bo staff like the Monkey King's. That is really rather cool. I love the design of this, a nice call back to her original costume but also to the Batgirl one she was wearing. And I really like the ninja mask, though I wonder if a full mask cover would be more protection for her identity?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    She's got a bo staff like the Monkey King's. That is really rather cool. I love the design of this, a nice call back to her original costume but also to the Batgirl one she was wearing. And I really like the ninja mask, though I wonder if a full mask cover would be more protection for her identity?
    I'd rather there wasn't a mask at all. But if she's gotta have one, the half-mask would be OK. I don't want a faceless Steph though.