Page 49 of 246 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Wait, really? Az and Oracle, hmmm. What time period was this?

Also, I feel that Duke does have a shot at horning in on Steph and Cass's friendship, but I think he's more off limits because both King and Snyder love him so much.

I just hope that Steph gets more love. She deserves it!
    Az's thing for Oracle pretty much lasted from the mid 90's till 2003, when his book was cancelled.

Duke is a fanfic OC, plain and simple.

Yes, we know all you want is for Steph to be happy. We all do.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Huh, must have been mostly in his own title. But I admit, I've never really read any Azrael that's not in current Tec or in a crossover.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Huh, must have been mostly in his own title. But I admit, I've never really read any Azrael that's not in current Tec or in a crossover.
    If you ever do, make sure it's the 90's Jean-Paul Valley stuff, whose book lasted an impressive 100 issues.

Don't even bother with the Michael Lane as Azrael II crap.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    If you ever do, make sure it's the 90's Jean-Paul Valley stuff, whose book lasted an impressive 100 issues.

Don't even bother with the Michael Lane as Azrael II crap.
    I've heard good things about Lane, though. But it was Fabian "Let's have Steph hire the villain who got her fired as Robin and murdered boys and their families in their sleep oh and Tim Drake should have every woman he meets want to have babies with him" Niceiza's writing him, wasn't it?

(Still bitter about Steph teaming up with Scarab. That's just so many versions of wrong.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

I've heard good things about Lane, though. But it was Fabian "Let's have Steph hire the villain who got her fired as Robin and murdered boys and their families in their sleep oh and Tim Drake should have every woman he meets want to have babies with him" Niceiza's writing him, wasn't it?

(Still bitter about Steph teaming up with Scarab. That's just so many versions of wrong.)
    Yeah, it was Nicieza, and I thought his book was quite trash.

Steph teaming up with Scarab...god damn it.

BANNED

tokusentai.jpg

TOKUSENTAI! TOKUSENTAI! TOKUSENTAI!

Bonus points for this kind of matching up to the actual roster.

Aww. Better times.

tokusentai.jpg

TOKUSENTAI! TOKUSENTAI! TOKUSENTAI!

Bonus points for this kind of matching up to the actual roster.
    Jesus, the Ginju Squad. Brilliant

..... what a shame.... I see this FUNNY image before.. I was expecting Steph news..

Although, she will appear after league of shadows..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    ..... what a shame.... I see this FUNNY image before.. I was expecting Steph news..

Although, she will appear after league of shadows..
    Haha, yes, our poor Steph thread is pretty quiet right now, since Steph is off Spoiling Batman's plans.

BANNED

And, based off the solicits, it looks life Steph won't be appearing in the arc following her solo adventure...dammit.

And, based off the solicits, it looks life Steph won't be appearing in the arc following her solo adventure...dammit.
    I didn't think it would, though - it was pretty clear it would be a solo, sort of checking in on Steph's journey. I think giving her a solo issue is pretty great! And I love Azrael so far in the n52/Rebirth continuity, so him getting the spotlight is pretty exciting for me - and seeing that The Button/Rebirth is crossing over into Detective is very interesting...

BANNED

I didn't think it would, though - it was pretty clear it would be a solo, sort of checking in on Steph's journey. I think giving her a solo issue is pretty great! And I love Azrael so far in the n52/Rebirth continuity, so him getting the spotlight is pretty exciting for me - and seeing that The Button/Rebirth is crossing over into Detective is very interesting...
    Yeah, I'm excited for the Jean-Paul arc too, but you know...he's not Steph XD.

Tynion has said he wants to leave the 'Tec team in places where they could have their own books.

So if she's not going to be a continuing antagonist to Batman... when's Spoiler Rebirth coming DC???

Yeah, I'm excited for the Jean-Paul arc too, but you know...he's not Steph XD.

Tynion has said he wants to leave the 'Tec team in places where they could have their own books.

So if she's not going to be a continuing antagonist to Batman... when's Spoiler Rebirth coming DC???
    Hehe. While Didio's still in power, I don't see Steph getting another solo. It's a miracle she got one in the first place.

But I feel ya - Steph is my fave, and I want her back regularly appearing! It sounds like The Button is pushing the Rebirth plot forward, but not bringing Tim back yet. And I don't know enough about Dark Days to know if it's going to connect to Rebirth or not, so no idea whether it will push Steph's return forward either.

TEAR JERKERS: 15 COMIC BOOKS THAT MADE US CRY

http://www.cbr.com/tear-jerkers-15-c...t-made-us-cry/

Screen Shot 084.jpg

Stephanie Brown stepped into the Batgirl boots during a dark period. At a time when most of DC Comics’ books were quite serious, she came with a joy and flare that set her apart not only from the the rest of the books, but of both of her predecessors, Barbara Gordon and Cassandra Cain. Thanks to writer Bryan Q. Miller, there was a vulnerability to her, an inferiority complex that made her strive for greatness, and it made her all the more strong and relatable as a character.

But this was also the end of the DC Comics as fans used to know them. We knew that “The New 52” relaunch was coming, and that newer legacy characters would be dropped in favor of their more well-known precursors. First on the chopping block was Stephanie, who would be forced to retire from the Batgirl mantle and make way for the return of Barbara Gordon. Stephanie’s final story as Batgirl showed us a series of pages of what could have been, and it left us in bittersweet sadness, when, in her usual brand of bright attitude, she looked to the future and ended things with a smile, and a message of hope.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-25-2017 at 02:08 AM.