Page 54 of 246 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That is good news - #4 is just not the best of Steph's covers. I'm a bit surprised they're duplicating The Flood cover, instead of Batgirl Rising's cover. Either would be great, though!
    They probably chose it cause it is obviously Steph, as in the #1 cover she is wearing Cass' costume and #2 is neither of their costume.Of all the covers in the collection, I believe the #9 cover to be the best choice.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    They probably chose it cause it is obviously Steph, as in the #1 cover she is wearing Cass' costume and #2 is neither of their costume.Of all the covers in the collection, I believe the #9 cover to be the best choice.
    I think #5 would actually be equally good - the cover for Batgirl Rising.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I think #5 would actually be equally good - the cover for Batgirl Rising.
    What about the #7 Roxy Rocket cover! #12 cover is another good option though.
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

What about the #7 Roxy Rocket cover! #12 cover is another good option though.
    As much as Phil Noto is one of my absolute faves, I think his covers for #4 and 6-8 aren't that great. #12 I thought about, but it's a bit dark as a representation of the whole series, though it's perfect for that issue.

They're going to be really spoiled for choices when they get to Nguyen's covers - those are so rich!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

As much as Phil Noto is one of my absolute faves, I think his covers for #4 and 6-8 aren't that great.
    Thank you! When people talk or write about Stephanie Brown Batgirl they always show the #4 cover which is my least favourite. I also don't particually like the #7 cover, but don't mind the #5 and 6 covers.

This is a great interview by Bryan Q Miller,you can also find loads more on various websites which are cool and enlightening, if you go to the batgirl #24 Stephanie brown wiki page there is one explaining every individual black mercy page.Oh my gosh, Steph watched futurama!

Just ordered "the lesson" batgirl trade paperback.
    This thread does not have enough eggplant avenger puns.
    Last edited by Red obin; 04-17-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Oh my gosh, Steph watched futurama!
    http://stephaniebrown.wikia.com/wiki...n_DCComics.com
    Just ordered "the lesson" batgirl trade paperback.
    This thread does not have enough eggplant avenger puns.
    Haha, that's such a great interview. I think it's probably still available on DCComics.com, but it was really weirdly formatted, so I copy pasted it and did a bit of formatting to the wikia to preserve it for the future generations of Steph fans.

Where'd you order your trade from? And how much (approximately) was it going for? I got mine off ebay for about $20, I believe.

I personally like "Violet Vindicator" and "Purple Urbex Hobbyist" better than Eggplant Avenger. Steph's costume is occasionally colored eggplant (or aubergine), but I think it's more frequently a blue-er shade of purple. Even in the famous "It's eggplant. Purple would look stupid" issue - http://stephaniebrown.wikia.com/wiki/Robin_(105) - it's not really colored in that reddish purple that would be eggplant.

The Batgirl series is an interesting case in point - on the covers, it is eggplant-reddish, but interiors were all the blue-purple shade. I've often wondered about that choice - was it technical limitations, or a lack of communication, or what?

Where'd you order your trade from? And how much (approximately) was it going for? I got mine off ebay for about $20, I believe.
    I just won mine on an ebay bid for about £11, so about $14, it was originally £7.50 but due to the Steph's popularity , it was quickly rising in price. All the Steph issues and trade are very hard to find nowadays on ebay UK. I recently saw a good condition #14 for £20 and a near mint #12 for £80.
    Sadly, I did not win the flood trade, but I don't mind as that is soon to be collected.

Also, I only just noticed your Steph Brown wiki link in bio, cool!

Also, yeah Steph's spoiler costume was very rarely actually eggplant and was often a darker shade. Steph's batgirl trimming varied being purple/blue depending on artist or colourist.

Attachment 48149Spoiler_0003.jpgSpoilerR80.jpg
    Last edited by Red obin; 04-17-2017 at 10:24 AM.

I just won mine on an ebay bid for about £11, so about $14, it was originally £7.50 but due to the Steph's popularity , it was quickly rising in price. All the Steph issues and trade are very hard to find nowadays on ebay UK. I recently saw a good condition #14 for £20 and a near mint #12 for £80.
    Sadly, I did not win the flood trade, but I don't mind as that is soon to be collected.
    Nice! That's a good deal! The trades fluctuate between $10 and $50, I think, but poor Steph's Batgirl Action Figure is almost always $80 or more.

I'm so proud of my newly complete Steph trade collection - I have the three Batgirl trades, the Leviathan Strikes one-shot, Red Robin Collision, and World's Finest. I also have the one issue of The Web that Steph pops in on and the Batgirl: Bruce Wayne The Road Home one-shot.

BANNED

Batgirl: Bruce Wayne The Road Home one-shot.
    Steph slapping Bruce was glorious

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Steph slapping Bruce was glorious
    It was THE BEST!

Here you go!Also:
    "And when he finally got home, when Bruce Wayne finally beat death, beat fate, conquered time itself, what happened? BATGIRL SLAPPED HIM IN THE FACE. Right across that beautiful, battle-scarred, chiseled chin of his. It was a gut reaction. He put her through a test she knew she didn’t need, after a year of Stephanie proving to the entire world that she deserved a second chance. She was offended. Disgusted. And in that moment… she had a natural, human reaction.

And then what happened after that? Batgirl apologized. Because Stephanie Brown is a person. Who is also a hero. And a girl. But first and foremost, she’s a person... who watches Futurama reruns on basic cable (but that’s beside the point)."- Miller
    Attached Images Attached Images

Or how about this!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here you go!
    Don't you mean, "Here we go"? CATCHPHRASE!

Oh, man, that Didio edit is harsh but true!
    Last edited by millernumber1; 04-17-2017 at 10:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by red obin View Post
    or how about this!
    yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!