Page 63 of 246 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think one installment featured a tweet from Tynion teasing Anarky.
    Tynion already earned my respect by simply being the one to bring back Cass and Steph...if he brings back f**king Lonnie! Alan Grant personality and all...holy ****, I will love Tynion forever.

Actually, with how Lonnie was all about making things better big picture wise, he and Steph may have a few things to agree on at the moment.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Tynion already earned my respect by simply being the one to bring back Cass and Steph...if he brings back f**king Lonnie! Alan Grant personality and all...holy ****, I will love Tynion forever.

Actually, with how Lonnie was all about making things better big picture wise, he and Steph may have a few things to agree on at the moment.
    Lonnie was in the n52 - so I don't think he would count as someone who's been gone a long time? At least, I thought he was in the Detective Comics: Endgame one-shot also featuring Steph.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

chibi stephs.jpg

Just saw this here: http://sorchapan.tumblr.com/post/160...on-making-this

It's incredibly adorable. I call these types of pics "Seeing something through," the line from BQM's Batgirl that references all three of Steph's identities.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    chibi stephs.jpg

It's incredibly adorable. I call these types of pics "Seeing something through," the line from BQM's Batgirl that references all three of Steph's identities.
    I liked. the 3 Stephs..

chibi stephs.jpg

Trinity of win!
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

It is a shame Lee Garbett does not have more DC credits as his style really compliments the Bat family. After Batgirl the only other time he drew was Batman and Robin #9 where his art was unrecognisable. I'm not sure whether or not it is just him using a different style or just the colourist.
    Same goes for Pere Perez, however to a lesser extent as he still has a few more new 52 credits.
    Last edited by Red obin; 05-06-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    It is a shame Lee Garbett does not have more DC credits as his style really compliments the Bat family. After Batgirl the only other time he drew was Batman and Robin #9 where his art was unrecognisable. I'm not sure whether or not it is just him using a different style or just the colourist.
    Same goes for Pere Perez, however to a lesser extent as he still has a few more new 52 credits.
    That is sad. A lot of the artists I love from Steph's series just aren't working for DC right now - either going indie (Perez and Nguyen) or at Marvel (Garbett).

BANNED

Just found this, and now I am sad:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08...hat-never-was/

WHY DOES DC PASS ON ALL THE BEST IDEAS???!

Just found this, and now I am sad:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08...hat-never-was/

WHY DOES DC PASS ON ALL THE BEST IDEAS???!
    Because they are either intentionally or unintentionally sexist? Or because there aren't enough of Steph, Misfit, and Cass fans to buy enough books? Or a little of both?

I choose to say it's because Didio is bad.

BANNED

Because they are either intentionally or unintentionally sexist?
    Between their respective treatments of their female characters and Eddie Berganza, there isn't a doubt in my mind that the sexism is intentional.

Or because there aren't enough of Steph, Misfit, and Cass fans to buy enough books?
    Misfit, maybe, but we both know that isn't true for Cass and Steph. (also, Cass isn't even involved in this pitch)

I choose to say it's because Didio is bad.
    Well that's just obvious.

[QUOTE=unclepulky;2795221]Between their respective treatments of their female characters and Eddie Berganza, there isn't a doubt in my mind that the sexism is intentional.

Misfit, maybe, but we both know that isn't true for Cass and Steph. (also, Cass isn't even involved in this pitch) [QUOTE]

Well, I was more thinking about the fact that all three of our beloved no-longer-Batgirls were erased from continuity, while ALL of the boys were kept just fine.

BANNED

Well, I was more thinking about the fact that all three of our beloved no-longer-Batgirls were erased from continuity, while ALL of the boys were kept just fine.
    Ahh, gotcha.

Yeah, I'll be satisfied if Misfit just comes back in any capacity (Zinda's return gives me a little hope), but even with them back, I won't be forgiving DC for that sexist crap until Cass and Steph's time as Batgirl are officially re-instated. And even then, it'll still be a black mark on their history.

Ahh, gotcha.

Yeah, I'll be satisfied if Misfit just comes back in any capacity (Zinda's return gives me a little hope), but even with them back, I won't be forgiving DC for that sexist crap until Cass and Steph's time as Batgirl are officially re-instated. And even then, it'll still be a black mark on their history.
    Misfit is back, per Batgirl #34. She just hasn't appeared in anything else.

BANNED

Misfit is back, per Batgirl #34. She just hasn't appeared in anything else.
    Yeah, I know, I've seen the panel. I just don't think of a cameo provided by the character's creator as being back though.

Yeah, I know, I've seen the panel. I just don't think of a cameo provided by the character's creator as being back though.
    Well, it's more than nothing, though!

Re: Black Marks on DC's history - well, that's the whole point of people arguing about Steph's time as Robin or Cass's skill in beating Batman.