Page 99 of 246 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3689
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Totally fair. My Autism makes it hard for me to "read the room" IRL a lot of the time, and I can have even more trouble with text. Apologies.
    Thanks - and please, I don't want you to feel unwelcome at all. I apologize for the abruptness of my first post - I should have taken a bit more time with it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Thanks - and please, I don't want you to feel unwelcome at all. I apologize for the abruptness of my first post - I should have taken a bit more time with it.
    It's all good.

no Steph batgirl trade for at least two weeks over here since amazon UK has very slow releases. Hopefully I can get it in a book store next week as they often get it earlier. Sadly I have no comics stores around me.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

rage!!!!!!!
    To be fair the display case bit didn't anger me as much as the way they retconned it with batman's lame excuse. He could have said he gave the costume to Chrystal or had a secret room with other fallen hero's costumes. Anything is btter than 'well she could have not died maybe.'
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    no Steph batgirl trade for at least two weeks over here since amazon UK has very slow releases. Hopefully I can get it in a book store next week as they often get it earlier. Sadly I have no comics stores around me.
    Well, amazon US doesn't get it for another week too. For some reason, they're trying to boost LCS sales by giving it to them a week early - this is a trend for most trades these days. But if you don't have an LCS, then it's definitely not up for another week (the 22nd) - digitally, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    To be fair the display case bit didn't anger me as much as the way they retconned it with batman's lame excuse. He could have said he gave the costume to Chrystal or had a secret room with other fallen hero's costumes. Anything is btter than 'well she could have not died maybe.'
    I don't mind Dixon's retcon of why there's no case, because it was clearly Dixon trying to salvage Batman's character for decisions he disagreed with. However, it's a retcon covering a really egregious 4 years of silence and disrespect by editors. Grant Morrison did a little bit to rectify it in Batman's hallucinations during the lead-up to RIP, but other than Morrison and Dixon, everyone ignored Steph and hoped her fans would go away.

We didn't.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

SPOILER IN BIRDS OF PREY 16 COVER/ALTERNATIVE COVER..

BGBOP_Cv16.jpg

Our book is fun because we start to piece it together in #15, but at the top of #16, you’re going to get this amazing double page spread that shows every single character. That includes all the BOP: Batgirl, Canary, Huntress, Catwoman, and Ivy. We’re also pulling in Harley Quinn for some Siren action.

We’re getting the Detective team: Batwoman, Orphan, and Spoiler’s come back, even though she’s not so happy with the team in that book. Wonder Woman. Lois Lane is in town. Amanda Waller will fly in to deal with this situation.

http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...-manslaughter/
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-17-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    SPOILER IN BIRDS OF PREY 16 COVER/ALTERNATIVE COVER..

BGBOP_Cv16.jpg

http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...-manslaughter/
    NOT A DRILL. THIS IS EVERYTHING I DREAMED ABOUT! Woohoo!

NOT A DRILL. THIS IS EVERYTHING I DREAMED ABOUT! Woohoo!
    I found this thanks to Last Son of Krypton link, after read one interviewabout Doomsday clock I found this recent interview.

What a shame that Steph is not happy with this..

I found this thanks to Last Son of Krypton link, after read one interviewabout Doomsday clock I found this recent interview.

What a shame that Steph is not happy with this..
    I'm okay with Steph not being happy as long as she's included!

I'm okay with Steph not being happy as long as she's included!
    I imaginated this better with the Spoiler Post-Tim return, but good..

Barbara is trying to make of Oracle and batgirl according the interview(something that we all imaginated)... What a shame that we canīt return with the Steph Batgirl with Barbara as Oracle again..

I imaginated this better with the Spoiler Post-Tim return, but good..

Barbara is trying to make of Oracle and batgirl according the interview(something that we all imaginated)... What a shame that we canīt return with the Steph Batgirl with Barbara as Oracle again..
    Well, as long as she's getting to hang out with Cass and being included in crossovers, I'm thrilled.

BANNED

T0 start with the positive: YAY! Steph isn't being excluded!

On the other hand, this is going just as I feared. 12 characters. 12 characters in a single arc, where we all know the focus is still going to be on the Birds.

And like, I get the appeal for having most of them. Having The Birds, The Sirens, and the ladies of 'Tec all in one big team up? Makes sense. But why the Hell are Lois, Diana and Claire(!) there? In universe, why would they even need anyone else if they have Diana and Claire? Why would you need a reporter and a psycho with a bat when you've got two people who can trade blows with Superman? And besides the potential power gap issue and how cramped I foresee these issues being, I think Claire is what really urks me. Love them or hate them, the other 11 characters here have long (to different extents) and rich histories, and MASSIVE fanbases. (Again, to different extents) Claire kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. And I've got no problem with the idea of a rookie standing alongside vets, but here, she really feels out of place to me. (And I also get the feeling she won't be acknowledged as the rookie)

On the brighter side though, something I just realized? In addition to this issue being the first time CurrentCass is meeting Babs, this will be the first time since Cass's solo that all three Batgirls will be in the same room together. (Although considering this is FakeBabs, does it count? )
    Last edited by Assam; 08-17-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Something unexpected, she is out of the team... however, she was in one adventure in the previous batgirl volume... Is not crazy put her again here for this adventure.

Harley is here because the Gotham sirens are here, is mentioned in the interview.. and she is popular.. With Gotham Girl here, two crazy characters... Harley will love her..

This count if.. Oracle role change the character again(more serious, burnside effects disappearing from her), in this case she will be Barbara Gordon again not.. Batgirl of Burnside, I was shocked the first time that I see her like that..
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-17-2017 at 09:42 AM.

On the other hand, this is going just as I feared. 12 characters. 12 characters in a single arc, where we all know the focus is still going to be on the Birds.

And like, I get the appeal for having most of them. Having The Birds, The Sirens, and the ladies of 'Tec all in one big team up? Makes sense. But why the Hell are Lois, Diana and Claire(!) there? In universe, why would they even need anyone else if they have Diana and Claire? Why would you need a reporter and a psycho with a bat when you've got two people who can trade blows with Superman? And besides the potential power gap issue and how cramped I foresee these issues being, I think Claire is what really urks me. Love them or hate them, the other 11 characters here have long (to different extents) and rich histories, and MASSIVE fanbases. (Again, to different extents) Claire kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. And I've got no problem with the idea of a rookie standing alongside vets, but here, she really feels out of place to me. (And I also get the feeling she won't be acknowledged as the rookie)

On the brighter side though, something I just realized? In addition to this issue being the first time CurrentCass is meeting Babs, this will be the first time since Cass's solo that all three Batgirls will be in the same room together. (Although considering this is FakeBabs, does it count? )
    I'm happy with cameos. I bought Batgirl in the n52 and Catwoman for cameos of Steph, after all.

I like Claire, actually. I mean, she's nowhere close to my favorite, but she's a fun idea and well written by King.

I think this might be sort of like Wonder Woman #600, where you get a massive crew doing stuff with like...one line each. Hopefully it will be more like Night of the Monster Men, where you get at least one scene of each hero doing something awesome. Though without the suck of Night of the Monster Men (#stillbitter ).

We shall see!

Something unexpected, she is out of the team... however, she was in one adventure in the previous batgirl volume... Is not crazy put her again here for this adventure.
    She was actually in a lot of adventures - Annual #3, 46, 47, 50, and 51-52!