Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    She was Sassembling.
    This !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That is the beauty of truly evil characters.

Not all villains need to be sympathetic.

Some monsters are just monsters.
    Cheers to that. No pity for them. I was so so on the Apocalypse twins, but this guy NEEDS to die

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    At least she didn't say "Avengers Ah-ssemble."
    They shud've ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Wow what a terrible line Rouge. She should no longer even attempt to use the Assemble cry.

As this book progress the more I'm finding Rouge to be annoying. Can the X-Men have her back now? Essh
    As long as you keep Beast, Wolverine, and Havok.
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 09-25-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    That's harsh
    I never said that was a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    This is why we don't give X-men a battle cry.
    LOL. I can just imagine. Nix 'em, X-Men!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    At least she didn't say "Avengers Ah-ssemble."
    LOL.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Wow what a terrible line Rouge. She should no longer even attempt to use the Assemble cry.

As this book progress the more I'm finding Rouge to be annoying. Can the X-Men have her back now? Essh
    ROGUE not Rouge. Gah.

Also, I find it funny all the whining about Rogue assembling the team. Either Rick is doing justice to Rogue and playing fair with her character or he is not. I have been criticizing his Rogue from day one. But so many saying they love her and how Rick is doing justice by making her the villain. Now that she is the favorite and saving the day and doing most of the stuff, the same folks complain. SMH

She still needs to come home to the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    ROGUE not Rouge. Gah.

Also, I find it funny all the whining about Rogue assembling the team. Either Rick is doing justice to Rogue and playing fair with her character or he is not. I have been criticizing his Rogue from day one. But so many saying they love her and how Rick is doing justice by making her the villain. Now that she is the favorite and saving the day and doing most of the stuff, the same folks complain. SMH

She still needs to come home to the X-Men.
    For the record I wasn't complaining. Her battle cry was stupid but funny.

For the record I wasn't complaining. Her battle cry was stupid but funny.
    The battle cry ITSELF is stupid. The X-men don't have one, because it's not needed. Hell, in this issue alone, why the hell did Rogue (or anyone, for that matter) need to tell the Avengers to assemble? They're right freaking there lol, not like the phrase is a summoning beacon that will ping all Avengers that are far to come to their aid. At least not in Uncanny......
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    LOL. I can just imagine. Nix 'em, X-Men!

LOL.

Peace
    I can imagine Rogue pushing for: "X-men, x-out their asses."

I can imagine Rogue pushing for: "X-men, x-out their asses."

She takes her cue from Star Trek TNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    The battle cry ITSELF is stupid. The X-men don't have one, because it's not needed. Hell, in this issue alone, why the hell did Rogue (or anyone, for that matter) need to tell the Avengers to assemble? They're right freaking there lol, not like the phrase is a summoning beacon that will ping all Avengers that are far to come to their aid. At least not in Uncanny......
    The Battle Cry itself is brilliant. From both a storytelling and marketing perspective it's help to brand the Avengers. The phrase itself is becoming a part of pop culture. It's a wonder the JLA hasn't tried stealing it. Though they have a rough name to work with. Wasp gave it her best shot back in the day.

Too bad Xavier didn't use it in the movies.

Interesting preview. Always great to see the Skull get hurt. Acuna art is...well it's not flattering at all except on the Skull.

I really don't see the big deal about Rogue doing the battle cry though. If anything, it looks like Remender trying to show Rogue being sassy. I think it's great she's leading the charge against the S-Men.

The Battle Cry itself is brilliant. From both a storytelling and marketing perspective it's help to brand the Avengers. The phrase itself is becoming a part of pop culture. It's a wonder the JLA hasn't tried stealing it. Though they have a rough name to work with. Wasp gave it her best shot back in the day.
    Felt kind of frustrated that the Battle Cry didn't make the movie.

Peace

I see your point, but I still find their battle cry stupid. Iconic sadly does not equal good/smart. Sometimes it's implementation seems like nothing more than showboating to me. That and I'm waiting for one of those What Ifs? where an Avenger will open their mouth to say "Aven-" just to get clean cut by a projectile to the mouth. Seems like something that would happen in those 3-4 issue gorefests.

Batman wouldn't be caught dead wasting precious time uttering such/similar phrase

Even this sounds better. There's a clear proactive command, instead of a rallying cry of union when most of the people are already there, as shown in this issue. Though I'm glad it didn't become an X-phrase : p
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 09-25-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    AXIS tie-in!
    • The dark path to AXIS starts here. An event two years in the making!
    • The Red Skull and his S-Men have already begun the great vanishing, The Uncanny Avengers are too late.
    • Havok witnesses the Skull's greatest atrocity yet.
    • Magneto vs Red Skull blood match that will result in a terribly altered Marvel Universe.

Full article here.
    Acuna rocks, not his best work there but even still...

I like this series and looking forward to where it's headed, i just wish Rogue was dropped from the team. I find the character intolerable most of the time. I realize not every hero is likeable, however... by the stars! How is she not a villain. Then again, just because i feel that way i can't expect it to be that way... i shall learn to tolerate her for the greater good.
    Last edited by SXVA; 09-25-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I see your point, but I still find their battle cry stupid. Iconic sadly does not equal good/smart. Sometimes it's implementation seems like nothing more than showboating to me. That and I'm waiting for one of those What Ifs? where an Avenger will open their mouth to say "Aven-" just to get clean cut by a projectile to the mouth. Seems like something that would happen in those 3-4 issue gorefests.

Batman wouldn't be caught dead wasting precious time uttering such/similar phrase

Even this sounds better. There's a clear proactive command, instead of a rallying cry of union when most of the people are already there, as shown in this issue. Though I'm glad it didn't become an X-phrase : p
    Batman said it in JLA\Avengers. Read stories like the first story arc if Mighty Avengers. It's become a rallying cry of inspiration and hope nit just for the heroes but even the public. And that's what the word assemble captures. It was as brillient as it was simple, like most good ideas are.