Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I'm not quite sure about this one, but isn't the X-men's battle cry/motto is Welcome to the X-men, Hope you survive the experience?

This is not a remark against what Rouge said, because I thought it was funny, but I can't remember if the X-men even had a battle cry.

Either way Acuna makes this issue looks great, can't believe it's the final issue. At least Axis starts soon.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Just fans trying to pull Rogue hate to counter the Wanda hate. Except this hate is made up.
    Like I said in my 1st post on the thread, I enjoyed the battle cry allot!

A battle cry is an Awesome moment for any hero, I don't get really upset if it is not thesaurus level unique, I am just glad to see Rogue leading like last issue!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm not quite sure about this one, but isn't the X-men's battle cry/motto is Welcome to the X-men, Hope you survive the experience?

This is not a remark against what Rouge said, because I thought it was funny, but I can't remember if the X-men even had a battle cry.

Either way Acuna makes this issue looks great, can't believe it's the final issue. At least Axis starts soon.
    Final issue? As in.... final final? Hopefully not.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Yeah, RR said on twitter this is the last issue. Then it's AXIS and then the follow up book.

Last issue. Next up is Axis and then a new series with new cast. Folks have stated it will be Astonishing Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Felt kind of frustrated that the Battle Cry didn't make the movie.

Peace
    Same here! I was actually waiting for it to happen and it never did.

Spectacular Member

I like this series and looking forward to where it's headed, i just wish Rogue was dropped from the team. I find the character intolerable most of the time. I realize not every hero is likeable, however... by the stars! How is she not a villain. Then again, just because i feel that way i can't expect it to be that way... i shall learn to tolerate her for the greater good.
    She's likable in other things, when other people write her:

just the way Wanda used to be very likable pre-Avengers Disassembled and she could be again if she weren't either so blase or actually defiant about her past actions but Remender chooses to turn back any maturity Rogue has developed in the past 25 years.
    Last edited by IfThisBemyDestiny; 09-25-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Yeah, RR said on twitter this is the last issue. Then it's AXIS and then the follow up book.
    Awwww.

But there is a follow up book? Well, it's not all bad news then... i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by IfThisBemyDestiny View Post
    She's likable in other things:

just the way Wanda used to be very likable pre-Avengers Disassembled and she could be again if she weren't either so blase or actually defiant about her actions but Remender chooses to make them both infuriating in different ways.
    I'm sure she can be likable under a writer who goes out of their way to make her as such but so far i haven't found anything i've liked her in all that much. Not a fan.
    Last edited by SXVA; 09-25-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Like I said in my 1st post on the thread, I enjoyed the battle cry allot!

A battle cry is an Awesome moment for any hero, I don't get really upset if it is not thesaurus level unique, I am just glad to see Rogue leading like last issue!
    Yes but you enjoy everything.

BANNED

Wow, they're really playing the racism card with this. Kudos, I think.

Remender said on his Twitter page that issue 25 was going to be the final issue
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I miss Copiel's Rogue.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes but you enjoy everything.
    No not really, I just like to point out when things are better then most give create too. I feel to really no matter what battle cry was said by Rogue it come under a critical view. ThIs one made smile smile cause it was no nonosense and just get to it. Sure I why on hers don't, but more the intent of the scene was IMO on of leading, commanding and saying we have not a second, kick their A**** now! Pretty much straight forward, it was more about the intent of the leadership moment the most anything else my friend. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I miss Copiel's Rogue.
    We all do!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    The battle cry ITSELF is stupid. The X-men don't have one, because it's not needed. Hell, in this issue alone, why the hell did Rogue (or anyone, for that matter) need to tell the Avengers to assemble? They're right freaking there lol, not like the phrase is a summoning beacon that will ping all Avengers that are far to come to their aid. At least not in Uncanny......
    LOL! This made me think of Thundercats