Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I hate Acuna's art! Blaaaah! His Rogue is just.....no. There should be laws for some artists not to draw some characters

Aren't all indications that the new Red Skull is going to win this round, decisively? And then he's going to defeat the combined forces of the X-Men and Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Aren't all indications that the new Red Skull is going to win this round, decisively? And then he's going to defeat the combined forces of the X-Men and Avengers?
    I imagine we'll get a draw.

Magneto obviously won't be killing the Skull. Nor will the Avengers take him into custody. But I don't think Skull will manage to re-capture Mags or the Avengers either. So I think the Avengers will in the least get away while failing to stop the Skull. But no one is going to achieve what they are stating on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Wow what a terrible line Rouge. She should no longer even attempt to use the Assemble cry.

As this book progress the more I'm finding Rouge to be annoying. Can the X-Men have her back now? Essh
    I pewrsonnaly would love it if they gave her back yo the X-books, there would no longer be any reason at all for be to read anything by Remender, or abut any Avengers team

BANNED

Glad remender stuck to canon on the Wanda and her dad relations.

Wait a minute......................someone else thinks that the Scarlet Witch is the one that is going to cause the Inversions ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Wait a minute......................someone else thinks that the Scarlet Witch is the one that is going to cause the Inversions ?
    The rule for 10 years has been when in doubt, Scarlet Witch did it. They need someone to disassemble the Avengers, provide an excuse for Magneto's return from the dead, fight the Phoenix, or screw up Rogue's powers again? Can't Scarlet Witch do it? After all, her powers are "unpredictable."

I don't like it, but she's Marvel's resident Deus Ex Machina and I don't see that changing soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    No not really, I just like to point out when things are better then most give create too. I feel to really no matter what battle cry was said by Rogue it come under a critical view. ThIs one made smile smile cause it was no nonosense and just get to it. Sure I why on hers don't, but more the intent of the scene was IMO on of leading, commanding and saying we have not a second, kick their A**** now! Pretty much straight forward, it was more about the intent of the leadership moment the most anything else my friend. ;-)
    I interpreted it more as Rogue getting in the spirit of being an Avenger. She has been portrayed as
    being on the team almost against her will, but her stance has reversed since the world was destroyed.
    "Avengers Assemble", or whatever variation, is meant to inspire a group to come together as one,
    particularly when the chips are down. Rogue taking the initiative to say her version of it shows that
    she now considers herself an Avenger, too, which didn't seem possible earlier in the series. It's
    supposed to make us fans all warm and happy, too, so enough with the cynicism.

Go Magneto! Go Rogue! Kick some Nazi @#$!

I am sad to see this series end but hope this and AXIS will prove to be a good send off for the Unity Squad. This series had it's problems -RR's handling of Rogue for much of this series- but all in all really enjoyed it and hope marvel tries something like this again in the future.

red skull's the one who says it won't take much to convince wanda to do it again in this very preview.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    red skull's the one who says it won't take much to convince wanda to do it again in this very preview.
    Actually he's talking about "the populace" in that panel - the people won't need much persuading to be under his control because they already don't care about "the downtrodden and marginalized."

I'm sure it wouldn't take much to convince Wanda though, considering all Avengers and X-Men can seemingly be brainwashed by anything.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

In my opinion i have not seen much atonement for her actions. Since one of the reasons for actions was being used, perhaps she should go out and try to atone for her crimes on her own. Instead of just deciding that she has redeemed herself and everyone else should just get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Actually he's talking about "the populace" in that panel - the people won't need much persuading to be under his control because they already don't care about "the downtrodden and marginalized."

I'm sure it wouldn't take much to convince Wanda though, considering all Avengers and X-Men can seemingly be brainwashed by anything.
    no, he's talking about her specifically. he's taunting magneto about using her as a tool for his war on the mutant race and comments that it won't take much persuasion at all. it's right there on the page.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    no, he's talking about her specifically. he's taunting magneto about using her as a tool for his war on the mutant race and comments that it won't take much persuasion at all. it's right there on the page.
    No, the line is:
    "And oh, the glorious world we will create. It will, in fact, take little persuasion. The population is indifferent to the fate of the downtrodden and marginalized. An eminently exploitable aspect of the human condition, as we both well know."
    He's saying the glorious world he will create (using the Witch) will take little persuasion. Who is he trying to persuade? The population. The people of the world who already don't care about mutants anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    No, the line is:
    "And oh, the glorious world we will create. It will, in fact, take little persuasion. .
    why are you intentionally leaving out his whole comment about using her as a weapon?? this is ridiculous.