Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default X-Men EMERGENCY.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    why are you intentionally leaving out his whole comment about using her as a weapon?? this is ridiculous.
    I'm not. I said he was going to use her to create this new world. But if you prefer:

"If she only knew how important she truly is. Shaper of reality. Key to opening my eternal reich. And oh, the glorious world we will create. It will, in fact, take little persuasion. The population is indifferent to the fate of the downtrodden and marginalized. An eminently exploitable aspect of the human condition, as we both well know."

So: he's going to use her to create this new world, and it will be easy because "the population" will require "little persuasion" to go along with this new world.

that's ridiculous. he's clearly talking about her.

Clone Red Skull/Xavier mess needs to do a little bit better than remove people's faces if he wants to successfully take over the world.

Extraordinary Member

It's not clear at all. Not that it really matters, but its placement in the sentence and the panel suggests it's the non-mutant people who won't need persuading.

no, otherwise he would have mentioned the population first. i understand your need to defend this character, but you don't need to question my reading comprehension to do so.

Extraordinary Member

no, otherwise he would have mentioned the population first. i understand your need to defend this character, but you don't need to question my reading comprehension to do so.
    I'm not defending the character here, as I've already said I'd believe it if he were saying she would "need little persuasion" (given that she is easily brainwashed and so are all the other heroes). But I don't read the sentence the way you do. He talks about persuasion, then mentions who he'll be persuading.

Of course if a sentence can be read as being about two different things, that's due to poor editing.

The real villain, the real being that should not exist, the cause of all the problems is apparently: Charles Xavier. The power to compel other beings to bend to one's will is an evil power, a power that can only be used for tyranny. Especially power on the level Charles Xavier had. I wonder if Marvel intends to continue on this path that Charles Xavier should not be alive or whether Remender has talked Marvel into resurrecting another formerly dead major character.

He is talking about her, but then he goes to say the world's population won't take much persuasion, because their human nature lacks empathy for those considered lesser.

Ya, sorry but Skull's talking about Humanity/the population.

Wanda's the conduit to unlocking what the Skull seeks, once unlocked it will be easy to do because of how flawed and exploitable Humanity is.

oh for crying out loud

oh for crying out loud
    If not that, then what's your interpretation of what he's saying? I don't see how it could be referencing Wanda there but i'm open to alternate theory.

Aghhhh. I think i see. "It will take little persuasion" continuing on from the initial words instead of stopping and starting anew, so... it would be referencing Wanda in taking little persuasion in unlocking, etc... and then it goes on to talk about the population/Humanity.

Hmmmm. I don't know, i still think he's speaking of Humanity/population there.. the bubble being separated from that part [as if transitioning] and connected to the following text seems to further suggest that.
    Last edited by SXVA; 09-25-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Yeah, how is this an Event? Rogue can just touch the Red Skull and she has all his power and Xavier's powers too, game over. No more Eternal Reich.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yeah, how is this an Event? Rogue can just touch the Red Skull and she has all his power and Xavier's powers too, game over. No more Eternal Reich.
    Well said!!!

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Magneto is awesome in this preview. Definitely the man.
    "Self has no time for this."