Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

She needs atonement because she's going to be a punching bag for eternity, not just on message boards but for characters in-universe. Mutants are going to be calling her a 'murderer', punching her or making insults. Characters are going to keep bringing it up like Cyclops killing Professor X now. I really do think TPTB at Marvel think the character is more interesting as a pariah then just a hero, and have no plans to really redeem her.
    Last edited by IfThisBemyDestiny; 09-25-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yeah, how is this an Event? Rogue can just touch the Red Skull and she has all his power and Xavier's powers too, game over. No more Eternal Reich.
    Superpowers can do anything except the one thing necessary to end the story early.

Quote Originally Posted by IfThisBemyDestiny View Post
    She needs atonement because she's going to be a punching bag for eternity, not just on message boards but for characters in-universe. Mutants are going to be calling her a 'murderer', punching her or making insults. Characters are going to keep bringing it up like Cyclops killing Professor X now. I really do think TPTB at Marvel think the character is more interesting as a pariah then just a hero, and have no plans to really redeem her.
    Nah, they are making her Sorceress Supreme and putting her in an Avengers movie. She'll be everywhere. They can stay mad.

Cyclops killing Professor X needs brought up less. His Erik the Red costume more. I think that was a bigger poor life decision.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yeah, how is this an Event? Rogue can just touch the Red Skull and she has all his power and Xavier's powers too, game over. No more Eternal Reich.
    Perhaps Red Skull's arrogance and entitlement combining with Rogue's arrogance and entitlement has some sort of cancelling out effect.
    Last edited by SXVA; 09-25-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Perhaps Red Skull's arrogance and entitlement combining with Rogue's arrogance and entitlement has some sort of cancelling out effect.
    I think you are confusing Rogue with another character. She is not arrogant or entitled. I get not liking her and even hating her cause Remender has made her Wanda's foil. But she is scrappy, often looked down on and from lower class which is hardly arrogant or entitled.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I think you are confusing Rogue with another character. She is not arrogant or entitled. I get not liking her and even hating her cause Remender has made her Wanda's foil. But she is scrappy, often looked down on and from lower class which is hardly arrogant or entitled.
    Those things doesn't stop someone from being arrogant and entitled, people from all walks of life can be as such... the same way as people from all walks of life can be humble.
    Last edited by SXVA; 09-25-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Last issue. Next up is Axis and then a new series with new cast. Folks have stated it will be Astonishing Avengers.
    Oh, no way!

I freaking love this book. Like, everyone on the team.This has been my favorite Marvel reading for the past couple of years. :/

I really don't want to see a new team, unless they mean stuff like Thor and Cap are being replaced by, well, thier replacements? :/

I'm actually legit dismayed by this little revelation. At least there are nine issues of AXIS to look forward to, so it's not really over just yet....
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

In case you've forgotten, I made a whole thread for posters to discuss characterization issues.

http://community.comicbookresources....canny-Avengers

Please utilize it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Oh, no way!

I freaking love this book. Like, everyone on the team.This has been my favorite Marvel reading for the past couple of years. :/

I really don't want to see a new team, unless they mean stuff like Thor and Cap are being replaced by, well, thier replacements? :/

I'm actually legit dismayed by this little revelation. At least there are nine issues of AXIS to look forward to, so it's not really over just yet....
    After Act 1 (though probably not starting in its own book til next year) the Astonishing Avengers will form. We don't know who or what they are, but they might be the "Dark Avengers" coming out of the inversions.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Oh, no way!

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    After Act 1 (though probably not starting in its own book til next year) the Astonishing Avengers will form. We don't know who or what they are, but they might be the "Dark Avengers" coming out of the inversions.
    Yea, when you get down to the end it starts to hit you this is the end for a Book that has been a Flagship for many fans that have enjoyed it, both the good and the bad.

But by the Rumors I have heard the Astonishing Avengers are the team that comes out of AXIS that are the Patrons to the Unity team or they still are the Unity Team, just some new members and going on the events of AXIS. So AXIS really is UA major Build up moment and from that it evolves into the Astonishing Avengers. If it is that way at least we have the team, just under a new name, so I hope.

At least yea, AXIS is all of Uncanny Avenger's Build up until now, so their is the Pride in that the book has lead up to a Much Looked forward to event.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    I interpreted it more as Rogue getting in the spirit of being an Avenger. She has been portrayed as
    being on the team almost against her will, but her stance has reversed since the world was destroyed.
    "Avengers Assemble", or whatever variation, is meant to inspire a group to come together as one,
    particularly when the chips are down. Rogue taking the initiative to say her version of it shows that
    she now considers herself an Avenger, too, which didn't seem possible earlier in the series. It's
    supposed to make us fans all warm and happy, too, so enough with the cynicism.
    You know that is a good way of looking at it too. Yea, at the start the teams where not really unified and had their split up, but after the time-skip, they came together and really Formed an Avengers and X-Men Unity team. Rogue's cry was both in the spirit of that and the ideals to Live by Charles and to Avenge him for what the Skull had done to him and the horrible things he was doing.

When you are in Camps like the ones they are in and see both your friends, loved ones, fellow mutants and teammates at the horrors of a Unbelievably Hateful Madman, then you can't help but want to Kick is A**! So indeed, it was both the spirit of the team and the moment of taking back control of themselves from Skull and to Avenger all his Horrors!

Also, I am just Happy seeing Rogue Lead her Teammates into Battle! ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea, when you get down to the end it starts to hit you this is the end for a Book that has been a Flagship for many fans that have enjoyed it, both the good and the bad.

But by the Rumors I have heard the Astonishing Avengers are the team that comes out of AXIS that are the Patrons to the Unity team or they still are the Unity Team, just some new members and going on the events of AXIS. So AXIS really is UA major Build up moment and from that it evolves into the Astonishing Avengers. If it is that way at least we have the team, just under a new name, so I hope.

At least yea, AXIS is all of Uncanny Avenger's Build up until now, so their is the Pride in that the book has lead up to a Much Looked forward to event.
    I haven't read the solicits (I never really do), so I've no real idea what to expect from the event outside of 'Red Skull goes full cray'. I hadn't even noticed UA absent from the Previews catalogue.

But, yeah, AXIS was just 'extra issues of Uncanny Avengers' in my head all along.

I'm kinda gutted right now. Hopefully the change allows Storm and/or Vision to join this new team? That might be okay too!

Oh, no way!

Why? What's so good about this book? The only good things that came out of it was Coipel's amazing artwork and the existence of Rogue and Wanda (Even though they are handled pretty terribly at times in this story.)

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Why? What's so good about this book? The only good things that came out of it was Coipel's amazing artwork and the existence of Rogue and Wanda (Even though they are handled pretty terribly at times in this story.)
    I guess we don't agree then?

I've been pretty enthusiastic about this book since it was first announced, right through this issue.

There have been a couple of elements I've not fancied (Wanda & Simon pairing off, for example), but by and large this book has delivered on every front. All of my favorite players here (Steve, Janet, Wanda and Alex) have been well represented and gone through some exciting adventures.

An array of my all time favorite Marvel villains (we're just missing Ultron for a full house here...), all intertwined in one epic plot. I mean, even freaking Ahab showed up to the ball this time!

The 'flaws' (such as they are) are so completely outweighed by the awesome here. This series is easily the finest reading Marvel's had to offer in the past couple of years (in a market crammed with fantastic Marvel titles).

Lightbulb

I haven't read the solicits (I never really do), so I've no real idea what to expect from the event outside of 'Red Skull goes full cray'. I hadn't even noticed UA absent from the Previews catalogue.

But, yeah, AXIS was just 'extra issues of Uncanny Avengers' in my head all along.

I'm kinda gutted right now. Hopefully the change allows Storm and/or Vision to join this new team? That might be okay too!
    It has never Really been an ending article to it, just RR say something about it ending UA #25 on a tweet or something, I think it is in the Appricaition thread for UA Sometime back. But so far it is believed to be real. It is a gut punch cause really the series just keeps getting more interesting. I guess I be fine with it going to absolute if it continues from what Uncanny did, but still it is sad to see it go. I guess AXIS is a better way then most series get with going out with a Major BANG then most get, so I guess if it goes from one to the other, AXIS is the best way.

Really AXIS is the extra issues of Uncanny, Even RR said that himself, so it is indeed an Official View as well! ;-)

Makes sense to be gutted about it, really it is only 2 years old, I was hoping for another year atleast myself, but if it leads to a Team that is still the Unity team, just a New Name book, well that is just how Marvel Likes to operate doesn't it, same book just new Numbering and at times a new title, seems normal at times for Marvel at this point. If it also means we do get Vision, Storm, Nightcrawler and Banshee on the same team then it be a MAJOR Plus too!

I just hope to still have Wanda, Wasp, Havok and Rogue too!