Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who should survive spider-verse?

I've seen in a few Spider-Verse threads that some of us are fearful of our favorite Spider's not making it thorough the perceived culling. and a lot of the talk centres around those that may or may not be killed of. so i wrote a piece for a blog extolling the Spider-Men and Women who I'd like to see survive stating reasons why they should make it through, some valid some for personal reasons.

if your interested it can be viewed here.

http://themanwhocollectsspiderman.bl...t-id-like.html

I made this thread as i'd be interested to see which of Spider-Men Women Hams or Monkeys would you most like to see survive.

Logically speaking ... they might not 'off' Pavitr Prabhakar .. considering that's one Spider-man connect to izeable market . Reviving Spider-man India post the Spider-verse can have it's advantages . That being said . Mr. Prabhakar's disconnect with most of the fans might not hold him too good .

Spider-monkey ... I must confess I would need a bit more back story to gauge his relevancy . Be that as it may .. I see him as a 'sacrificial' entity .

The Spider-Logan : She seems likes she's going to take down one of the 'No-one-dies-Parker version ' . Probably her headstrong attitude would result into a'look before you leap" moment Survival unlikely.

Spider Gwen ... -- The reception to her edge of Spider-verse intro was tremendous but still at the end of the day , she is "Gwen Stacy' .. and that name comes with a price . I just hope they don't make it a double whammy on our good ole Peter . ( You know what i mean )

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Who should survive?

All 616 Spiders (except Silk if that is the plan for her). Noir, Ultimate, MC2. I'm sure there are others I like. Spider-Monkey and Peter Porker - The Amazing Spider-Ham, obviously.

I'm guessing a few of the new EoSV characters will go and otherwise mostly unknowns.

We will certainly get a major death or two, though, and I am worried about those.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

iMan 42s

The new Ben Reilly.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Who should survive?

All 616 Spiders (except Silk if that is the plan for her). Noir, Ultimate, MC2. I'm sure there are others I like. Spider-Monkey and Peter Porker - The Amazing Spider-Ham, obviously.

I'm guessing a few of the new EoSV characters will go and otherwise mostly unknowns.

We will certainly get a major death or two, though, and I am worried about those.
    You have no idea how hard i agonized over Spider-Ham and Spider-Monkey not making my list, I'm feeling guilty for bumping them for Gwen and Assassin now.

I get the feeling from some round these parts that Anya's a dead girl swinging

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The new Ben Reilly.
    Agreed. Ben needs to stay no question

Who should survive? Anya. Will she? Doubt it.

I think Noir is safe, the writers have explicitly mentioned that the EoSV #1 was a "pilot" for a possible revival. If they're thinking about a revival, is safe to assume he'll survive.

MC2 May, because if she dies and Anya doesn't, we'll have a "Boycott Anya 2.0". (Why they haven't boycott Gwen btw?)

Gwen seems to be a cash printer right now, even if she does die in SV, I think Marvel will bring her back.

Anyone who is appearing on the Ultimate Spider-Man -the TV show- tie-in is safe. I would also like to see more of Peni Parker, I'm more pumped about that one than I was for EoSV #2. Supaidaman needs to survive and team-up with Battle Fever J.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Brit View Post
    Agreed. Ben needs to stay no question
    That'd be like giving Spider-Man fans the metaphorical middle finger if they brought in Ben Reilly only to kill him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That'd be like giving Spider-Man fans the metaphorical middle finger if they brought in Ben Reilly only to kill him off.
    exactly what i said in my blog piece

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Since Slott is writing it, that makes me a bit worried.

BANNED

Isn't the Assassin Spider-man dead already ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Not in Spider-Verse he's not. not sure about his own timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    No I think you might be thinking of Old Man Spider-Man who Peter saw die yet will somehow be in the event.

No I think you might be thinking of Old Man Spider-Man who Peter saw die yet will somehow be in the event.
    Peter saw him die in a future timeline, presumably they can use him at any point before his death.

Just Parker...