Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default Cyclops #1: Spoilers and Review

I don't post em often so here goes.

SPOILERS

- Tyke reminiscing giving the audience a brief overview of his situation and how he came to be here. Also, the space walk training with Hepzibah
    - Back on the ship, Tyke continues to struggle writing those letters to Jean (Wondering if he made the right decision to go with his dad)
    - Hep is convincing Corsair to spend more time with Scott while his bug doctor named Sikorsky complains to him that he should take his medicine (this is referenced often in the book)
    - Scott talks with more members of the Starjammers, particularly Ch'od
    - The crew gets attacked by a Badoon hunter killer ship. Corsair wants to take the ship and asks Tyke if he is interested in boarding it. Tyke is stoked.
    - They take the ship and Scott finally gets a melee weapon from the booty they plundered!
    - Corsair decides to use the new ship so he and Tyke are going to take a road trip and show him the wonders of the universe

LOVED IT!!!!

I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy this because this is Tyke and not Cyclops, but this was better than I thought it would be. The art of course is phenomenal. Characterization was amazing. Rucka hit perfect notes here. Corsair is sex appeal. He and Hep had the best lines. Really hoping she returns soon. She was awesome. This issue had some funny moments! I loved Tyke's Awkwardness finding his stepmother's voice to be sexy. This book is going to have the same quality as Thor and Scarlet Spider.

Easy 10 out of 10
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-07-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Minor Grammar Fix

Thanks for the spoilers! Sounds good.

Picked this up mostly out of curiosity, and I think I might stick around to see how it goes. It was a really fun little issue, and Tyke is adorable. I get the feeling that this series is going to be about him getting his self-confidence and general self together before heading back to deal with the mess he knows he left behind.

I suspect that we'll find out more about Corsair's return from 'death' in the next few issues too. The bit with Sikorsky seems like it's probably directly related.

this was such a cute start to little cyclops space adventure.

Fantastic start for this series. Creative team knocked this out.

And yeah we'll probably get more details about Corsair's returns in later issues.

Fantastic start to the series. Who doesn't love bonding moments.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Astonishing Member

This was without a doubt one of the best Marvel NOW launches.

Fun from front to back. What's interesting is that it seems to have a limited premise. I know they can stretch it out but I question whether or not they actually will.

Without a doubt, my favorite Marvel solo launch alongside Ms. Marvel. Rucka wrote a fantastic and adorable first issue that instantly grabbed my attention. Dauterman's colorful artwork went extremely well with the script and brought it so much life. Everything was just...perfect.

Can't wait for the next issue!

This right now is the best Marvel NOW title out there. Tyke > Cyke. Everyone in it was great. Tyke's POV was especially well written and shows how awesome he really is.

Fantastic Member

Was there any explanation on how Corsair is alive?

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

With the Sikorsky/take your medicine bit, it's possible Sikorsky was able to clone Corsair a new body, like he did for Xavier.

yes it is clear they are going to address corsair's resurrection. i like that they don't feel the need to get to it right away. 'deal with it' should be the subtitle of cyclops solo.

I don't get it, it says Cyclops on the cover but he isn't insufferably emo. Is this an AU?

Hepzibah makes everything way too sexy. Only one issue with her? boo-urns

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    I don't get it, it says Cyclops on the cover but he isn't insufferably emo. Is this an AU?

Hepzibah makes everything way too sexy. Only one issue with her? boo-urns
    Yeah only 1 issue with Hep is a bummer but she'll probably still show up here and there.

Why, God Why, Can't Rucka be writing Uncanny. This was almost better than every UXM so far(And just about the same amount has happened)