Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I doubt Doug is actually dead. Like others have mentioned, the techno organic virus will probably keep him alive.

He was awfully pushy with Georgia. However he does have the ability to read all types of languages. So maybe he realized her body language contradicted what she was saying.

First hint at Lorna realizing there is a camera in her eye? She took off her glasses and squeezed her eyes as if they were under strain.
    Yeah it does seem may be aware of it's presence which would be great. Maybe she isn't as dense as people seem to think she is being portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah, PAD wouldn't kill Doug like, the issue after joining the team.... would he? nah. But she clearly did SOMETHING bad to him. I'm not sure what to think of Georgia at this point, initially my thoughts pretty much mirrored the team's thoughts, but then she got creepy REAL fast.
    Yeah Georgia is real fucking creepy. At first I though that maybe Cypher sensed she was being controlled somehow but chic is just weird. In any event, I am interested in seeing where this goes and Snow's reaction once he finds out. Snow is about to have a really shitty week or so. Wife suspects he is banging his secretary, rival CEO turns out to be Magus, team fails to take down Magus, team does a secret mission without his approval, one of said team members screws his wife. God must hate him, lol.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Maybe the fact that she's so nonchalant about "killing" Doug means she didn't kill him? Maybe her powers just knock people out. I mean she's the only person who knows what her powers are and she's not worried so... I do agree that Doug looks to be in pretty bad shape. Is this storyline going to wrap up in two issues as well, or do you guys think it'll take longer this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    I certainly hope it gets more than two issues. I feel like we get tiny glimpses of a story with how short these issues are, it makes things feel cut short, like a movie that's been edited for TV. It gets a little disjointed and the flow just isn't as nice as it could be. I love PAD and I love this X-Factor I just wish they'd give him a few more pages per issue to work with.
    Based on the solicits below, it would appear they will save the girl by the end of the next issue. However, it seems the consequences for doing so definitely flow into issue 9 and it is also possible that the trouble X-factor brings to Serval per solicits for 10 & 11 are also a result of helping this girl.

ANXF 9
    • The team faces unexpected consequences for “saving” a young girl.
    • Plus: Gambit does something naughty.

ANXF 10 & 11
    • X-Factor brings big trouble to Serval Industries…heavily-armed trouble.
    • Gambit’s indiscretion is found out.
    • Nobody is happy.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Maybe the fact that she's so nonchalant about "killing" Doug means she didn't kill him? Maybe her powers just knock people out. I mean she's the only person who knows what her powers are and she's not worried so... I do agree that Doug looks to be in pretty bad shape. Is this storyline going to wrap up in two issues as well, or do you guys think it'll take longer this time?
    It's possible, he looks to be in bad shape, but I really doubt PAD would bring him in just to kill him the next issue. Especailly with Warlock still on the team. But part of the creepyness was her unwillingness to believe X-Factor's 'he tried to kill us!' story. Surely she must know that her father is, you know, not a very nice man? But she didn't even give it a second thought. I get loving family means overlooking flaws, but it came off... strange.

First hint at Lorna realizing there is a camera in her eye? She took off her glasses and squeezed her eyes as if they were under strain.
    Or she knows and is screwing with the signal before telling the team they are going on the mission. Hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah it does seem may be aware of it's presence which would be great. Maybe she isn't as dense as people seem to think she is being portrayed.
    I think its possible the camera is causing eye strain for Lorna. I'm not buying into the idea that she knows. I think she was just pinching her nose because she was deciding on what she wanted to do. The camera could also be giving her a headache. I think PAD will do that reveal down the road, that he hasn't set up enough drama for a big pay off with it.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah Georgia is real fucking creepy. At first I though that maybe Cypher sensed she was being controlled somehow but chic is just weird. In any event, I am interested in seeing where this goes and Snow's reaction once he finds out. Snow is about to have a really shitty week or so. Wife suspects he is banging his secretary, rival CEO turns out to be Magus, team fails to take down Magus, team does a secret mission without his approval, one of said team members screws his wife. God must hate him, lol.
    Yeah, Harry is in for a bad week. Should be fun to read! Looking forward to it actually.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Spectacular Member

Considering Doug is suicidal, it is possible her powers just show how a person sees themselves, or wishes to see themselves. If she knows it is all an illusion that would explain why she was so nonchalant.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Or she knows and is screwing with the signal before telling the team they are going on the mission. Hard to say.
    I think you guys are reading too much into a simple gesture which, in the context of the story, was just showing Lorna making a difficult decision. I mean it's a NANOcam, I doubt Harrison would bother implanting it if people (yes even magnetic-power people) could feel it.

I think you guys are reading too much into a simple gesture which, in the context of the story, was just showing Lorna making a difficult decision. I mean it's a NANOcam, I doubt Harrison would bother implanting it if people (yes even magnetic-power people) could feel it.
    The gesture was one thing, the weird noises she was making was what I think brought up the issue and made people consider it might be more then just consternation.

Superb catch on that.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    Considering Doug is suicidal, it is possible her powers just show how a person sees themselves, or wishes to see themselves. If she knows it is all an illusion that would explain why she was so nonchalant.
    I like this idea! Very interesting.

You never know. Regardless of what it was, it reminded me of the fact that Serval implanted a camera in Lorna's eye.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

That was my initial feeling on the scene as well, but I suppose it's open to interpretation.

Re: Doug. I would guess that Georgia's abilities are similar to Elixir's, healing and rapid debilitation, it would explain why she's so nonchalant about it.

Disclaimer, I haven't read the issue yet so I'm not really able to talk about the subject matter of the issue yet. I'm only posting if I think there's something I could say that's worthwhile regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah, PAD wouldn't kill Doug like, the issue after joining the team.... would he? nah. But she clearly did SOMETHING bad to him. I'm not sure what to think of Georgia at this point, initially my thoughts pretty much mirrored the team's thoughts, but then she got creepy REAL fast.
    It wouldn't make much sense for Doug to permanently die this early, but the bigger reason I doubt he'd be dead is that Peter David hasn't had an opportunity to use him much yet. He seems to me like the kind of writer that wants to use a character for a while and let himself, and the readers, get to know the character better before doing anything lasting. On the flipside, it's not unheard of for writers and creators to want to shock people with deaths far sooner than expected. Joss Whedon wanted to have a seemingly main character with opening credits die in the very first episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    I certainly hope it gets more than two issues. I feel like we get tiny glimpses of a story with how short these issues are, it makes things feel cut short, like a movie that's been edited for TV. It gets a little disjointed and the flow just isn't as nice as it could be. I love PAD and I love this X-Factor I just wish they'd give him a few more pages per issue to work with.
    No offense meant to Peter David in any way when I say this, but this makes me wonder if perhaps Peter David is thinking and writing in a mode best suited for cartoons and other TV shows but finds he has to cut his material way down to fit into comic book form. He's written for Young Justice, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I think its possible the camera is causing eye strain for Lorna. I'm not buying into the idea that she knows. I think she was just pinching her nose because she was deciding on what she wanted to do. The camera could also be giving her a headache. I think PAD will do that reveal down the road, that he hasn't set up enough drama for a big pay off with it.
    I can't judge the scene in question, but when it comes to Lorna's awareness of the camera, I still personally think it would work better if she knows. If all there is to it is what we've seen, then I think there was a waste of a big payoff we would've had from getting the shocking discovery at the same time as Lorna. That's not to say the other way of Lorna not knowing can't be done very well, but I personally believe there isn't nearly as much potential in that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The gesture was one thing, the weird noises she was making was what I think brought up the issue and made people consider it might be more then just consternation.

Oh my god, Lorna's connecting to AOL!
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ultimate Member

So, do we think that Georgia is under some kind of mind-control, or does she have split personalities, etc? There's definitely something off about her. Doug's not dead, it'd make no sense to kill him off this quickly, and in such an underwhelming way.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I could go either way on it. It's just fun to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    That would be a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So, do we think that Georgia is under some kind of mind-control, or does she have split personalities, etc? There's definitely something off about her. Doug's not dead, it'd make no sense to kill him off this quickly, and in such an underwhelming way.
    Yeah there is definitely something more going on whether it is mind control or split personalities or she is just a nutso. Either way, it makes for an interesting dynamic.

Really good issue but it felt so short.
    "No one owns me" was the best part.
    Gambit told only few replics but what he told was awesome. PAD handles his voice really, really good.

I doubt that after this issue Cypher will think about suicide again)