Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I haven't watched this show, so I have to ask: do they pronounce it "Fahl-cone" or "Fahl-cone-ee?"
    Fahl-cone. Yeah. I know.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I haven't watched this show, so I have to ask: do they pronounce it "Fahl-cone" or "Fahl-cone-ee?"
    I heard both.

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    Fish was also great. JPS channeled Eartha Kitt a bit in her first scene. That which was interesting, but also somewhat inconsistent with her vision for the character in subsequent scenes. Still, she was surprisingly interesting.
    Hmmm never thought about JPS channeling Eartha Kitt. Since I was never an Eartha fan maybe that's why I initially didn't warm up to Fish's character. In any case, she and Penguin are probably the main reason I'll be back for future eps.

Spectacular Member Holland Oates's Avatar

I would have voted for Oswald had been an option, but I went with Fish Mooney.

I'm watching this first and foremost for Jim Gordon (and a bit for Harvey). For the baddies, I'm most interested in Oswald.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Where's the Penguin! I loved the actor performance the most out of anyone elses and he doesn't even make the list?!! I'm with you guys, this is such a rip off.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsXDemons View Post
    I voted for Selina Kyle although one of my biggest favorites in the show was Penguin (Oswald Cobblepot) because I've always loved Catwoman. I like Jim Gordon a lot too and I'm certainly invested in this unique depiction of Alfred Pennyworth but ever since my Dad introduced me to Adam West's Batman action/comedy sohw a few years back I inevitably fell in love with Catwoman/Selina Kyle courtesy of Julie Newmar.

There is no question in my mind about it. Camren Bicondova's delivery of Catgirl was riveting and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her journey in the show. Her witnessing the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents is truly a game changer and it's going to be upon that development that the direction of Bruce Wayne's journey hinges more or less. Also, I'd like to see more of Riddler. The Arkham games have really made me a fan of him also.

Even with no dialogue, and only three scenes?

Not wrestling for a fight here, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Holland Oates View Post
    I would have voted for Oswald had been an option, but I went with Fish Mooney.
    Unrelated to the topic at hand, but is it just me, or does Scott look a bit younger than usual in that picture?

Be it the lighting, the make up, the glasses, or hair, I just don't know, but seems younger than he'd be.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out how the heck Selina managed to get nearly 100 votes. She didn't say anything the entire episode. She he just robbed 2 people in the opener and then stalked Bruce for the rest of the episode. What's interesting about that?
    Hence why I voted for her, obviously they're teasing her out for a bit so that makes me interested. I would've voted for Penguin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Even with no dialogue, and only three scenes?

Not wrestling for a fight here, just curious.
    Seriously, because Catwoman is awesome. Catgirl witnessed the death of Bruce's parents. She feels some sort of affection and concern for young Bruce Wayne and that alone is magical. Besides, what guy wouldn't like Selina Kyle?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsXDemons View Post
    Besides, what guy wouldn't like Selina Kyle?
    Many persons including me and Jack Bauer.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I can see if Catwoman were my favorite character, voting for her. She was translated well to Gotham even in her few scenes.

Really the poll is "Which Gotham Character Besides Oswald Are You Most Interested In?" I voted "Gordon" although Fish Mooney was interesting, Bullock too. I'd like to see more of Montoya and Allen to get a better feel for them here.

I voted for Gordon, but I would have voted for Penguin if he had been an option. I just thought he blew away everyone else. I actually thought Gordon was a bit wooden and bland, but his story seems to be the second most interesting at this point (behind Penguin's), which is what the poll was about.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC!

Spectacular Member

When I saw the Poll's title I was so ready to vote for Cobblepot...how could they forget the Penguin?

I was also surprised by how much I liked Mooney and became interested in where her character will go. I didn't follow Smallville but I remember as the show went on whatever I did catch of it seemed like it was edging closer to the familiarity of the comics as the end drew nearer. Being this is based on Gotham before Batman, and Mooney is an original character, my guess is they'll eventually "off" Mooney and she becomes just another forgotten gangster in Gotahm history as other characters rise to the top if they decide to parallel the characters closer to their comic counterparts as time goes on...

But my vote's for Oswald Cobblepot.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Chloe was made up for Smallville and they kept her around, sort of turning her into Oracle. Hmm, if New52 insists on Babs being Batgirl maybe they could bring in Chloe to be Oracle.

I think what's good about making up a character is they're a wildcard, they might off Mooney or they might not. That character we don't know.

Poll wasn't 'who was coolest in the episode' it was about excitement for the future and of course Catwoman's exciting so she gets votes despite underwhelming presence thus far.