Super Moderator

Default "Powers," "Bitch Planet" & More - CBR's Buzzworthy Books for December 2014

The holidays are coming, and so are a slew of new comics worth asking your loved ones to wrap for you this December!

Full article here.

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes has got my curiosity. I'm surprised that this hasn't been done before now. I wonder if it will be the new J. J. Abrams crew of Classic Trek crew. Heck, I'm wondering if this is the Classic Heston/'70's ABC Apes or the new re-booted Apes!

I'll be picking up 3 of those (Hellboy, B&R, Secret Six), zero interest in any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by AirDave View Post
    Star Trek/Planet of the Apes has got my curiosity. I'm surprised that this hasn't been done before now. I wonder if it will be the new J. J. Abrams crew of Classic Trek crew. Heck, I'm wondering if this is the Classic Heston/'70's ABC Apes or the new re-booted Apes!
    OG style for both.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

I'd be more excited about Powers if the new relaunch means they'll average more than two issues a year. I'm excitedly awaiting Bendis once again promising a regular release schedule and sarcastically commenting on people saying it won't happen, only to have it fail after a couple issues.
    Comics I read:
    Invincible
    other comics that aren't as good as Invincible

I'm looking forward to finally reading "Powers" after all the hype surrounding the upcoming PlayStation network dramatic episodic series adaption of the comics. I've never read ''Powers" before and so this new reader edition sounds pretty awesome for people like me. I'm also looking forward to DC Comics new "Robin Rises: Alpha" comics as "Batman and Robin" is one of my favorites out of the Bat Gotham titles. I'm not really into the Hellboy comics but the movie "Hellboy and the Golden Army" was pretty neat and the animated Hellboy trilogy that airs on Cartoon Network has piqued my interest and so I'll keep an eye out for "Hellboy and the BRPD".

I'm getting STAR TREK/POTA!

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    I'd be more excited about Powers if the new relaunch means they'll average more than two issues a year. I'm excitedly awaiting Bendis once again promising a regular release schedule and sarcastically commenting on people saying it won't happen, only to have it fail after a couple issues.
    I have been on Powers since the start & see this renumbering as a chance to jump off. An artist can't draw 3 books a month, Oeming will be on United States of Murder, Sinergy & this Volume of Powers. Regardless of how regularly it releases out of the gate, at some point the release schedule will once again slow to a crawl.

I was thinking of this as a jumping off point for Powers too. Hopefully The Bureau will end without a cliffhanger.