Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Milestone

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sent you a email so you know how to contact me.

And yeah, the Kubert school. It was the only college I applied to, because I was 18, stupid and cocky and had already been doing paid work (nothing big, but legit jobs) and thought I was good enough to get in despite being much younger and less experienced than the average student. And I was right. But that tuition was no joke and I couldn't pay it.
    Folks yell at me about not going to an art school.

Do they NOT see the cost for an art school?

I went to an ART high school and was in visual arts cluster. There is a reason only 2 people from my Senior class went to college for art. The rest of us did NOT. Meanwhile the rest who pursued art didn't go to college.

One actually did comics for Image (Dark Fang) and Dark Horse (Hell Boy related).

I still have art from high school-that stuff was expensive.

no one needs to go to art school.

repeat.

Last edited by Redjack; 09-28-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m interested to see what they’ll do with the blood syndicate. Holocaust has potential to be one of the all time great comic book villains.
    I hope they bring back the character of Buck Wild aka the Mercenary Man. Have him do a Milestone Team-up with ICON & Rocket as they take on the Blood Syndicate.

https://twitter.com/dccomics/status/...839109635?s=21
    First wave of Milestone collections are hitting ComiXology, hopefully won’t be too long before they start uploading them to DC Universe.

Spectacular Member Paul Muad'Dib's Avatar

All I'm waiting for is Kyle Baker on Static.

Props to Lee, Cowans, Benjamin... Pak? GP is the man & has numerous comic--literary achievements. Did not like GP on Storm Solo. he missed the mark.

Brilliant stylin' RJ! Bravo

Bruh, i got a ton of Milestone Fan-Art on deck. I will NOT. I repeat. I WILL NOT BE POSTING anymore Milestone Fan art online. this is it

coloured in 2015 & drawn in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

repeat.

I wanted to go for the networking, mostly. I was entirely self-taught so there were techniques I wanted to pick up, stuff that I hadn't really mastered on my own, but mostly I wanted to go to Kubert to build working relationships; all the teachers are active creators (or were back then, I dunno if that's still a thing) and it seemed like a great way to get into the industry without having to spend years doing the "starving artist" thing, trying to get noticed.

Anyway, back to Milestone! Any word yet on when these babies are gonna launch?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member Paul Muad'Dib's Avatar

No, really, this is the last image left. I think Zero missed the mark on alot of levels (including their recruiting practices).

imagine putting out fan-art that becomes rivalry. This is Milestone appreciation art. it's just one-sided

Static character designs. The Pittsburgh Steelers Logo for Static (2015)

I believe I deserve the opportunity... i doubt it tho. it won't be for a lack of effort...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    All I'm waiting for is Kyle Baker on Static.
    Speaking of Static, you know who they should pair him up with: Stella Maxwell aka Starlight from the Shadow Cabinet series.

Shadow Cabinet Issue No. 13, the "Stella By Starlight" storyline was one of my all-time favorite stories of the original Cabinet run. They dug deep into her origin and I feel that there is so much potential to mind from that character.

I think the two characters complement eachother.

Stella is an aspiring Mathematics major while Virgil is an aspiring Physics major.

Virgil is a walking-talking bio-lelectric battery while Stella is a living, breathing Pulsar.

I wanted to go for the networking, mostly. I was entirely self-taught so there were techniques I wanted to pick up, stuff that I hadn't really mastered on my own, but mostly I wanted to go to Kubert to build working relationships; all the teachers are active creators (or were back then, I dunno if that's still a thing) and it seemed like a great way to get into the industry without having to spend years doing the "starving artist" thing, trying to get noticed.

https://www.cbr.com/milestone-comics...gital-library/

Older Milestone Comics are now being released via digital platforms.

the article also talked about a February 2021 released date for the new launch.

Hell yeah, thanks Kenway!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Old news - was announced at Fandome.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/milestone-comics...gital-library/

Older Milestone Comics are now being released via digital platforms.

Where exactly is Hardware for sale? I checked the Comixology app on my ipad and it just says I can add the Man in the Machine TPB to my wishlist but no buy options and I checked DC Universe app and they dont come up under search either. I wish they would make it more clear instead of just saying "its available DIGITALLY"

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Where exactly is Hardware for sale? I checked the Comixology app on my ipad and it just says I can add the Man in the Machine TPB to my wishlist but no buy options and I checked DC Universe app and they dont come up under search either. I wish they would make it more clear instead of just saying "its available DIGITALLY"
    Yeah I don't think you can buy comics using the app. It’s idiotic but you have to go to the website to buy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    If your library offers Hoopla, they just put up the Hardware TPB collecting #1-8.

Ultimate Member

The few that I know of work at normal colleges.

I believe I deserve the opportunity... i doubt it tho. it won't be for a lack of effort...
    Nothing says you can't make your own art book.

Now who can be put in it is another story although Steve Rude's book features plenty of DC and Marvel folks.

Nothing is wrong with crowd funding a book of your best sketches.