Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1198

Thread: Milestone

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder if the milestone and the current new Dc animated universe will be together or it's own universe
    I personally hope they’re in the same universe. I always loved seeing the milestone characters interact with the DC characters.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    ...Okay, lets... Lets not do that. That is extremely disrespectful.
    Enlighten me.

In what way was that extremely disrespectful?

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Enlighten me.

In what way was that extremely disrespectful?
    because you're envoking McDuffie's name so you can project your personal feelings and heavyhanded, somewhat hyperbolized, critiques. if you don't like the book, that's fine, but i agree; let's not use McDuffie's name like that. I highly doubt you knew him personally and speaking for a dead man to disparage the current creative teams work feels very disrespectful; especially since the book is not even remotely that bad to warrant invoking his name like that in the first place.

like it would be one thing if this book was actively shitting on his works and legacy, but reading it and looking at your criticisms it seems to be more of an issue of you personally not resonating with the particular story and art rather than anything Cowan and Thomas are doing with the story or character. especially since one of the people working in the story is one half of the original creative team for the character, one of the founders of Milestone, and actually knew Dwayne enough to know what he'd actually approve of. so it's EXTRA disrespectful to Cowan to evoke his friend's memory to project your personal opinion on a work that is partly (if not just as much) his as well as McDuffie.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-17-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist! his fandom wikia
    I support militant Professor X
    • Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Solo Leveling, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    • DC: Black Manta, Static, Icon & Rocket, Hardware, Gotham: Urban Legends, Mr Miracle: Source of Freedom
    • Marvel: Immortal Hulk, X-books
    • Anticipated titles: Naomi s2, I Am Batman, Aquaman: Becoming
    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I personally hope they’re in the same universe. I always loved seeing the milestone characters interact with the DC characters.
    I wonder do you think they will get some of the VAs who casted some of the milestones characters to come back?

I wonder do you think they will get some of the VAs who casted some of the milestones characters to come back?
    I’d love it if Phil Llamar came back as Static. Then again Zeno Robinson would be a great choice. Especially since he’s stated over and over on Twitter that Static is the number one character he wants to play. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member John Venus's Avatar

Is it true that Static is getting a show and a movie?

I'm enjoying all three Milestone books right now and I'm glad that they'll get some animated love. I hope we get more new Milestone content soon.

Although all books are good imo, Statics the best of the three so far.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    because you're envoking McDuffie's name so you can project your personal feelings and heavyhanded, somewhat hyperbolized, critiques. if you don't like the book, that's fine, but i agree; let's not use McDuffie's name like that. I highly doubt you knew him personally and speaking for a dead man to disparage the current creative teams work feels very disrespectful; especially since the book is not even remotely that bad to warrant invoking his name like that in the first place.

like it would be one thing if this book was actively shitting on his works and legacy, but reading it and looking at your criticisms it seems to be more of an issue of you personally not resonating with the particular story and art rather than anything Cowan and Thomas are doing with the story or character. especially since one of the people working in the story is one half of the original creative team for the character, one of the founders of Milestone, and actually knew Dwayne enough to know what he'd actually approve of. so it's EXTRA disrespectful to Cowan to evoke his friend's memory to project your personal opinion on a work that is partly (if not just as much) his as well as McDuffie.
    Correct. Bolding this for the sake of emphasis.
    gf.me/u/zjvqdz

Linked is a personal GoFundMe for a financial nest egg. After having lost our mother this past February, me and my brother have had serious financial anxieties. If you are able/willing and/or if you know someone else who is, please consider contributing and sharing. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I donít think heís getting a show, but heís getting an animated and live action movie.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Can't wait for the animated feature
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nontheless):
    DC: Green Lantern, Wonder Girl, The Other History of the DC Universe, I Am Batman, Milestone, Robin, Nightwing
    Marvel: HiXmen, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Immortal Hulk, Daredevil
    Image: Killadelphia, Bitter Root, Excellence
    IDW: TMNT: The Last Ronin
    Other: Seven Secrets, The Antagonist, Watchman, Black Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I only seen the announcement about his live action movie and he's gonna be featured in the Milestone animated movie, which is gonna be written by Brandon Thomas with Nikolas Draper-Ivey apparently involved too. no word on a show but assuming his book continues to build a buzz and the Milestone movies turn out well, I can see it happening sooner rather than later. people love a good revival, so depending in how fast the animated movie comes out I can see them talking about rebooting Static's animated series based on season one of Ayala and NDI's run around the time that new Batman shows kicks off.
    SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist! his fandom wikia
    I support militant Professor X
    • Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Solo Leveling, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    • DC: Black Manta, Static, Icon & Rocket, Hardware, Gotham: Urban Legends, Mr Miracle: Source of Freedom
    • Marvel: Immortal Hulk, X-books
    • Anticipated titles: Naomi s2, I Am Batman, Aquaman: Becoming
    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Written by Brandon Thomas no less.
    I've been aware of Thomas roughly as long as I've been aware of Easton and considering his current level of writing in Excellence this film should be solid at the very least if not , well, excellent.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I see where you are coming from but I disagree. And here's why: I don't find what I said to be extremely disrespectful because I'm not making money off of a dead man's name. Cowan is.

The creatives over at Milestone have been invoking McDuiffie's name in order to project the memory of their friend in my mind in order to get me to spend my hard-earned money on their product. Which turned out to be low-quality work. I find that to be extremely disrespectful. I would say almost criminal.

And who are you to tell me whose name I am not allowed to invoke?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    I've been aware of Thomas roughly as long as I've been aware of Easton and considering his current level of writing in Excellence this film should be solid at the very least if not , well, excellent.
    Haven't read a miss by him yet, and generally the word of mouth on everything he's been on has been strong, save Hardware (which I missed despite it being the book I was most interested in after Static, and it bums me out to hear it was weaker).

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post

And who are you to tell me whose name I am not allowed to invoke?
    You asked for their opinion and you got it. If you don't intend to heed their request--and you have that right-- don't and move on. If it's something you're not allowed to do, you'll get moderated. Let's be adults and stick to the topic.

For what it's worth, I think it's very much within their right to speak of McDuffie since they worked alongside him before and this was as much his baby as anyone else's. I don't think Dwayne (or any creator for that matter) has bat 1.000 and I don't think he'd begrudge his old colleagues for trying and failing. But you know what? I never met nor knew Dwayne McDuffie, but they did. Yes, if someone was trying to swindle you for your money, they'd lie, but that doesn't seem to be the case given the other books are getting good-to-great reception. They're allowed a miss, goddamn.

People dedicate things to their loved ones all the time and not every one of those works is a banger. Most every story we read published is the result of a lifelong love of comics. We afford misfires to everyone else, Milestone should be no different.

Spend your money on what you think is quality. They'll rework or cancel what fails and publish what doesn't. Milestone cannot succeed as an imprint if they're not allowed the occasional dud. As with all publishing initiatives, it's a game of averages. So far, Milestone's return has been largely praised and is generating adaptions. That's something to celebrate considering the false starts of the past.
    Last edited by Robanker; 10-17-2021 at 11:23 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I wonder if the milestone and the current new Dc animated universe will be together or it's own universe
    Separate I assume like the current comics are, although with sales being where they are I do wonder how long that will last. Eventually Iím assuming they may bring in Static at least back to the DCU. They wouldnít be able to fold in the current Icon book given they spoilers:
    killed Superman lol
    end of spoilers although I suppose they could always retcon that as being someone else.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/