Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1198

Thread: Milestone

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Separate I assume like the current comics are, although with sales being where they are I do wonder how long that will last. Eventually I’m assuming they may bring in Static at least back to the DCU. They wouldn’t be able to fold in the current Icon book given they spoilers:
    killed Superman lol
    end of spoilers although I suppose they could always retcon that as being someone else.
    DC has always shown interest in Static more than the other milestone characters so I see where you’re coming from. On another note I can’t wait for when Ebon and the rest of the meta breed are finally established. Ebon really deserves to stand alongside the other great DC villains.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member John Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I donít think heís getting a show, but heís getting an animated and live action movie.
    A feature is still good. An animated and a live action project is the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I only seen the announcement about his live action movie and he's gonna be featured in the Milestone animated movie, which is gonna be written by Brandon Thomas with Nikolas Draper-Ivey apparently involved too. no word on a show but assuming his book continues to build a buzz and the Milestone movies turn out well, I can see it happening sooner rather than later. people love a good revival, so depending in how fast the animated movie comes out I can see them talking about rebooting Static's animated series based on season one of Ayala and NDI's run around the time that new Batman shows kicks off.
    The creative is good so I hope it does lead to solo animated projects centered on Static. I guess they're counting on the Milestone animated movie to be big enough to justify having spin offs for each character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Enlighten me.

In what way was that extremely disrespectful?
    McDuffie's version of Hardware was about him leaving Marvel to start Milestone.

The current Hardware is NOT about that. This version is dealing with being blamed for the gas that started the Big Bang.

So we are dealing with an entirely different direction.

Cowans was the artist for that first book as he is for this one. So you have one of the creators of Hardware working on the book.

Milestone cannot succeed as an imprint if they're not allowed the occasional dud.
    Yet when it's Milestone or POC lead books-they are NOT allowed that. It's "this proves these books have no business being made."

While it's KUDOS to DC for giving Ted Kord and Peacemaker shots.

although with sales being where they are I do wonder how long that will last.
    The MOMENT you put them with DC is the moment you make them irrelevant. Or worst they get used as weapons to BURY guys like Cyborg, Duke, Nubia and others.

Let get in the Tardis and go back to 1993.

When Milestone was around how many black characters got books from 1993-1997?

Black Lightning's ill-fated run ruined by an editor.
    John Stewart & Steel already had books at the time.
    Kyle has his run. Conner Hawke took over for Daddy.
    Pretty much Dc's diversity was Milestone. Which is why DC has issues with diversity later on.

Them being separate FORCES Dc to use who they have.
    Because Static with his own show and movie and then active in DC could BLOCK Duke's shot. Instead of a Teen Titans story with Wallace-Static gets that slot.

And in the LONG run-if Milestone SHOULD tell DC to bleep off and go elsewhere-you don't want a ROM/Red Sonja Marvel or Dr Who/K9 or Bloodhoud issue.

Where you can't reference each other or WORST can't publish reprints.

Bloodhound was a DC property that got sold back to his creator Stuart Moore. His run got reprinted at Dark Horse MINUS one issue. That issue had Jason Rusch in it.

Has Red Sonja been mentioned in Marvel's Conan or that other Conan series at Ablaze?

When K9 gets a tv show-he can't mention Dr. Who.

Fantastic Member

I have basically given up on DC because of what they have done with Cyborg and how they are treating Ray Fisher. It's hard to root for Ezra Miller, Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa in their projects when you realize that Cyborg and Ray Fisher has been left behind. DC has basically cancelled Cyborg in comics and removed much of his supporting characters. His Father, Silas, last appeared in the Terrifics and Detective Comics # 999 but has not been seen with Cyborg since his last Cyborg solo series issue Cyborg # 23. In Justice League Odyssey Cyborg did not mention his father once. Nor in Teen titans academy. So for whatever reason DC has undid Cyborg. The same can be said about Black Lightning and John Stewart. All of their supporting characters are gone.

I also want Milestone to separate from DC. In the 80s independent creators complained that DC and Marvel forced their comics off the shelves to kill the competition. And today they are probably doing the same to some extent within their organization. So maybe in a way DC is holding Milestone hostage?

Uh… what? Sorry Cyborg got the short stick, but no I don’t see any evidence DC is holding Milestone hostage. They greenlit S2 for the three books despite sales not being great and there’s an animated movie coming. DC is pushing MS right now.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder if the milestone and the current new Dc animated universe will be together or it's own universe
    I don't think so - DC animated universe is DTV only, and the way they were talking I believe the Milestone movie might be meant as a bigger budget theatrical?

Fantastic Member

DC has a hierarchy. Milestone can only go so far under DC because they are competition for Superman, Batman etc..

And apparently DC and Warner Bros. do not want a black original character, like Cyborg, to rise up to the level of Superman, WW or Batman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    DC has a hierarchy. Milestone can only go so far under DC because they are competition for Superman, Batman etc..

And apparently DC and Warner Bros. do not want a black original character, like Cyborg, to rise up to the level of Superman, WW or Batman.
    I mean as long as they ignore his most beloved interpersonal relationships (the Titans), that's going to be the case. Trying to pretend he was never that guy on NTT or the animated show and strictly a Justice League member is cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Uh… what? Sorry Cyborg got the short stick, but no I don’t see any evidence DC is holding Milestone hostage. They greenlit S2 for the three books despite sales not being great and there’s an animated movie coming. DC is pushing MS right now.

How do you know what sales look like?

Comichron is books BOUGHT by stores. Not issues sold to a living person.

What good is a Static book with 100K if only 20K get sold?

There are about 2000 comic book stores. Static #3 saw 15K-if every store ordered a copy that's 7 copies per store. Guess what that is fine and means a higher shot of selling all those copies. Not having a large collection of unsold books that end up in nonstop sales that Midtown Comics has to have to get rid of all those Batman, X-Men, Superman and other books.

Sick and tired of when it's POC lead books folks LOVE to toss out sales. Lets toss that at some of these white lead books.

Wonder Woman fans are not throwing fits about Black & Yellow-a book Static & Icon & Rocket did better than.

How many books have been axed that sold? Wally West and John Stewart fans say HI.

How many shots have Carol Danvers got?

Sooner or later you stop worrying about sales and just enjoy what you have.

In this TOXIC era of comics-a book starring a POC is going to face PUSH BACK.

There are folks who view Milestone and POC as THREATS. That is why DC and Marvel and others are looking beyond the comic book market. So if Milestone has to go that route-so be it.

I am enjoying the Milestone books though. Only bringing them up because if DC wanted to screw Milestone over, they could easily use sales as an excuse. Also DC’s sales across the board suck, Superman and WW’s sales are weak as hell, Wally’s return to the Flash book is fantastic quality wise but soft sales wise, saying that as someone who really enjoys those books right now. Comichron doesn’t tell the whole picture it’s true but it’s the only numbers we have right now.

I’ll enjoy them and buy them as long as DC puts them out and I like ‘em so I’m doing my part.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Finally got to Hardware 2, and I enjoyed it. I haven't read much of Hardware before, except as it touched Static, because I don't much care for the 'man in a metal suit' characters, not Iron Man or even Shining Knight. And it's been a while since issue one but I felt like I understood what was going on through dialogue and situation: a mark of a good monthly. I liked Alva's speech, because I'd forgotten what he'd done before, and I liked seeing that speech from the opposite perspective a few pages on, knowing again how vile he is. I'm finding Hardware is a good companion to Static and Icon/Rocket.
    Last edited by matt levin; 10-19-2021 at 05:15 PM.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Usagi, Velvet

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post

That’s a bold statement, can you back that up?

I’ve never read any of the Milestone comics before but I’m interested in diving into a “new” imprint. Have they been good across the board? Do they connect to one another in a shared universe like 2012 Valiant?

Quote Originally Posted by thecoffeeman View Post
    I’ve never read any of the Milestone comics before but I’m interested in diving into a “new” imprint. Have they been good across the board? Do they connect to one another in a shared universe like 2012 Valiant?
    They’ve all been solid. They’re all in a shared universe although only Hardware and Static go out of their way to reference each other. Icon & Rocket are pretty standalone so far.

From Icon & Rocket #4

I could be wrong but if this is the Love Army I'm gonna be extremely happy. that was the one of the things I was most disappointed about when the Milestone/Earth M revival didn't happen, tha and the Earth M book where we were supposed to explore the Milestone earth outside of Dakota. I could see Static setting up the Blood Syndicate, this setting up Love Army, and Hardware maybe setting something up too, then Milestone releasing those books with the others for season 2. I'm getting ahead of myself but damn I'm so hyped if this is Love Army.
    SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist! his fandom wikia
    I support militant Professor X
    • Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Solo Leveling, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    • DC: Black Manta, Static, Icon & Rocket, Hardware, Gotham: Urban Legends, Mr Miracle: Source of Freedom
    • Marvel: Immortal Hulk, X-books
    • Anticipated titles: Naomi s2, I Am Batman, Aquaman: Becoming
    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."