Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Milestone

Man, I really hope they don't go forward with that outfit and hair.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

The new suit ain't so bad it's just the art making it look trash, I don't care for the hair though.

I'm interested to see what they do with Icon was well, he's a black Superman that doesn't have to be held down by the more popular characters in his universe. (Blue Marvel and Steel)

Also we need more Xombi and this guy

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nontheless):

DC: Batman Beyond, Red Hood, Far Sector
    Marvel: Marauders, X-Force, X-Men, X-Factor, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Immortal Hulk, Venom, Daredevil
    LionForge: Noble, Astonisher
    Image: Killadelphia, Bitter Root, Excellence
    Other: XOGeneSYS, Clock Striker

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    The new suit ain't so bad it's just the art making it look trash, I don't care for the hair though.

I'm interested to see what they do with Icon was well, he's a black Superman that doesn't have to be held down by the more popular characters in his universe. (Blue Marvel and Steel)

Also we need more Xombi and this guy

Ebon and Rubberband-Man deserve to be adapted onto the page. they were such amazing characters! and Anansi!? She-Bang!? Static Shock had bangers, so many characters that should be adapted.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

I support militant Professor X

Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Far Sector, Red Hood/Outlaws
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Dawn of X, Venom
    Anticipated titles: Other History of the DC, The Next Batman, Robin King, Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal, Future State: Green Lantern, Future State: Aquaman.

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Ebon and Rubberband-Man deserve to be adapted onto the page. they were such amazing characters! and Anansi!? She-Bang!? Static Shock had bangers, so many characters that should be adapted.
    Facts Ebon is one of my favorite characters of all time..

I found this funny X-men homage from Blood Syndicate
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

I support militant Professor X

Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Far Sector, Red Hood/Outlaws
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Dawn of X, Venom
    Anticipated titles: Other History of the DC, The Next Batman, Robin King, Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal, Future State: Green Lantern, Future State: Aquaman.

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Facts Ebon is one of my favorite characters of all time..
    They’d be idiots to not have Static’s rogues from the show be in this reboot. Ebon especially. Heck, I always had an idea that the way Larry Wade can die in this new continuity is to have Ebon kill him. It would be Static’s Gwen Stacy or Jason Todd moment and it would make the animosity between him and Ebon all the more personal. And the thought of the Meta Breed going up against the Blood Syndicate is just *chefs kiss*.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Just a reminder, the new milestone returns comic will be up for free on DC Fandome later today for 24 hours. And I blieve older static comics will be up for free also.

Just read the new Milestone returns comic! I liked it, I’m interested! Cool to see Icon, Rocket, Static and Xombi! Who was that vigilante that Rocket called crazy? I don’t recognize him.

New character. Good thing this doesn't seemed shackled by nostalgia. They even modernized the big bang

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    New character. Good thing this doesn't seemed shackled by nostalgia. They even modernized the big bang
    Thanks! Wonder what race they’ll make him. I think making him White would be a huge cliche, I feel like making him an extremist Black Nationalist would be very interesting spoilers:
    especially since he attacked an interracial couple
    end of spoilers

Yeah they did! And it makes sense too!

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Soooo glad they didn’t go overly nostalgic. I wanted fresh takes, ideas, stories and this is looking like it. A modern Dakotaverse.

Incredible Member

Wow I can't believe they're actually back.

Spectacular Member

SPOILERS!!!!!

Staticís new origin with the Big Bang occurring at a BLM protest instead of a massive gang brawl is disappointing. I donít think that needed to be changed considering how unique and iconic it is to his character, at the same time in puts the character in a box by making him and his world a commentary on the current social climate. I donít have an issue with sociopolitical commentary but I donít think it should always be a focus whenever thereís a black character involved. Same with the The Other History Of The DC Universe, Falcon, Black Panther And The Crew, Luke Cage, etc itís putting black characters in a niche as nothing more than tools of discussion for current social issues and I donít think that will have long term success. As far the Milestone Zero issue overall, I liked most of it, except for Staticís New Origin, Xombiís new direction and no Hardware, I hope Milestone succeeds going forward.
    Last edited by Mr HardKnocks; 09-12-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    SPOILERS!!!!!

Static’s new origin with the Big Bang occurring at a BLM protest instead of a massive gang brawl is disappointing
    . I don’t think that needed to be changed considering how unique and iconic it is to his character, at the same time in puts the character in a box by making him and his world a commentary on the current social climate. I don’t have an issue with sociopolitical commentary but I don’t think it should always be a focus whenever there’s a black character involved. Same with the The Other History Of The DC Universe, Falcon, Black Panther And The Crew, Luke Cage, etc it’s putting black characters in a niche as nothing more than tools of discussion for current social issues and I don’t think that will have long term success. As far the Milestone Zero issue overall, I liked most of it, except for Static’s New Origin, Xombi’s new direction and no Hardware, I hope Milestone succeeds going forward.
    That is called pandering to the fake woke culture in a hope they would buy the book.
    They generally DON'T.

Falcon is a social worker so this would fit him and Cage to a lesser point.