Default Click Bait Green Lantern Article

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-gu...ot-hal-jordan/

It thinks that other GLs should have titles instead of Hal. It also has this little quote:

The idea of having two parallel Green Lantern comics was first introduced through the Green Lantern Mosaic series, which ran alongside Ron Marz's Green Lantern run.
    Pretty impressive to run alongside Ron Marz run when said run began two months after the Mosaic series was cancelled. It actually ran alongside the Gerard Jones run. BUt apparently the VALnet AI was malfunctioning today.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

They lose any support from me as soon as I read "instead of". Why is it that Hal has to lose his book so that other GLs can have a book? Why can't we just have both? I don't like it when people want to take something away from others so they can have something different in its place when there's plenty of room for both.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    They lose any support from me as soon as I read "instead of". Why is it that Hal has to lose his book so that other GLs can have a book? Why can't we just have both? I don't like it when people want to take something away from others so they can have something different in its place when there's plenty of room for both.
    That's what makes it a "clickbait" article - inflammatory headlines get clicks.

For my tastes and view of the DCU, the GLs should be a combo of hardcore scifi adventure, space opera, and protecting people. Those would be in a GLC book.

Earth adventures not tied to sector protection writ large would be handled by the GL seat on the League, various quarterlies, specials, and whatever DC team up anthology book is up at the moment.

But then I am hardly a fan of the rainbow Corps and the other elements glommed on to the franchise that further muddies its focus.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That's what makes it a "clickbait" article - inflammatory headlines get clicks.

It's a sad practice.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.