Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Milestone

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Loved the one-shot.

My only question is what will be Virgil's relation to Hotstreak, because at the end there seems to be at least a little bit of respect for Static by the white bully.
    He could be more of a rival than a villian. Or become a villian down the road.

I don't feel like his beef with Virgil is over. Virgil won a battle but not the war (yet).

Amazing Member

A little late, but I wanted to say overall I loved the Milestone Returns issue.

I'm excited about Static coming back, but I'm not a fan of his appearance in the issue. He looks too cool and a bit serious for me. I wanted him to exude just a tad more goofiness and/or geekiness in how he carries himself. Pretty much how he looks on the cover of the issue.

Richie Foley needs to be in here. Since he is based off a gay character, and is very popular I'd be shocked (see what I did there) not to see him in the comics.

interesting choice about Hotstreak's personality and motives. I was hoping they would just make him a standard bully/ gang member. However, I am glad he doesn't like Virgil because he's black. That would been cliché and lazy IMO.

I loved the parts with Icon, Rocket, and Hardware. I still hate how they changed Icon's color scheme. They even changed his color of his positron projections from blue/white to red. Maybe its a legal thing IDK.

The new Milestone characters they introduced seem interesting as well.

Also, I wonder if DC will bring David Kim back into Milestone? I hope so.
    Last edited by Old Owl; 03-01-2021 at 08:09 PM.

So when can we expect that Icon movie since Black Superman is making waves on social media.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nontheless):
    DC: Green Lantern, Red Hood, Far Sector, The Other History of the DC Universe, Truth and Justice
    Marvel: HiXmen, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Immortal Hulk, Daredevil
    LionForge: Noble, Astonisher
    Image: Killadelphia, Bitter Root, Excellence
    IDW: TMNT: The Last Ronin
    Other: XOGeneSYS, Clock Striker, Is'Nana The Were-Spider, Yohance, EXO Wale Williams

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    So when can we expect that Icon movie since Black Superman is making waves on social media.
    Someone said they're waiting to see how the Static movie does first before moving onto another Milestone character. No clue if there's any truth to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Someone said they're waiting to see how the Static movie does first before moving onto another Milestone character. No clue if there's any truth to it though.
    Sounds about right, Static should do wonders unless they mess it up somehow. There's a whole generation that missed out on his character so I hope whatever they drop is good.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nontheless):
    DC: Green Lantern, Red Hood, Far Sector, The Other History of the DC Universe, Truth and Justice
    Marvel: HiXmen, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Immortal Hulk, Daredevil
    LionForge: Noble, Astonisher
    Image: Killadelphia, Bitter Root, Excellence
    IDW: TMNT: The Last Ronin
    Other: XOGeneSYS, Clock Striker, Is'Nana The Were-Spider, Yohance, EXO Wale Williams

Good news! 836895D6-8B15-4539-82C4-AE234F057CF8.jpgNDI confirmed on his Instagram that Ebon will indeed be coming to the comics, though he’s going to be built up.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Good news! 836895D6-8B15-4539-82C4-AE234F057CF8.jpgNDI confirmed on his Instagram that Ebon will indeed be coming to the comics, though he’s going to be built up.
    Hope Rubber Band Man is part of the build-up.

Now just need Richie/Gear confirmation. Or at least acknowledgement.

the groundwork is already being laid
    SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist! his fandom wikia
    I support militant Professor X
    • Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    • DC: Other History of DC, Second Son, Gotham: Urban Legends
    • Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-books
    • Anticipated titles: MrM Source of Freedom, Static*, Hardware*, Naomi s2, FS Gotham
    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

So is Nikolas doing a Static book of his own??? Since Vita is the actual writer of the book.

So is he talking about the OGN or a possible ongoing later.

I'm mostly familiar with Static from the tv show. Ebon is one of my favorite villains from it. Hope they do him justice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Part of me wonders how a studio would market Icon, considering his status as a black Republican. He never appealed to me, but I always got the impression that he was a hard sell back in the 90s and he would be even harder to sell today.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Part of me wonders how a studio would market Icon, considering his status as a black Republican. He never appealed to me, but I always got the impression that he was a hard sell back in the 90s and he would be even harder to sell today.
    That’s assuming that Icon is still a conservative in this new continuity.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I mean, Rocket is more of a main character than Icon. They don't have to make him a Republican. The fact that he is a black Superman who chose to sit on the sidelines until a young woman coaxed him into becoming a superhero should be enough I think. I think the 'alien who took on the form of a black man in order to blend into human society' is the part that I don't think will go over well with the audience.

Ultimate Member

I think you can if you establish that he was on Earth since slavery days.

Then to address why he was MIA up till Rocket met him-he can say "If a black man with powers was running around back them how many innocent black men and boys would have been killed? Killed at a higher rate than they were back then?"

As for the Republican part-you can play with that. Let his stance be-"Despite everything black folks have been through-there are still opportunities for blacks to make it." Which is sort of true to a point and let Rocket explain that. "Yes there are shots for blacks out there but the level of success has barriers. That can set us up for failure."

"Yes everyone goes out of there way to build the next Lebron James and pander to him. What if everyone did that with Dwayne McDuffie? Why are there fields WE are not welcomed in?"

Or you don't state his politics view.

You sell him as an alien that wonders why black folks can't get to where HE is. Rocket is there to show why and offer a different view point.

Icon sees the black kid get busted for drugs and blows him off. Rocket is there to explain a reason why he is dealing or points out what is missing in the black community.

Look at Milestone 0-Icon WENT to the source of where the drugs were coming from. He stopped the supply. Build off of that. He stopped the drugs now what? Is everyone happy? Does it get new jobs in the hood?

Hell yeah I thought he was a fantastic villain in the cartoon.
    Just make him a black conservative instead of a Republican. The two are not the same especially in the black American community. Plus Rocket is there to basically prove his opinions wrong anyway

Have it so Icon despises modern black youth culture and views the youth as a lost cause, which is where Rocket comes in to prove him wrong.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/