Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1080

Thread: Milestone

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

"Ahhhhh, Milestone. The only comic universe worth delving back into.
    No relying on the old, crusty-dusty gatekeepers (of DC) to put effort into a black hero
    No playing from behind existing legacies.
    No lack of feats.
    No missing from big events.
    No underdevelopment.
    I’m ready. "

Ah, Iconic: most copied and lauded post I've seen in a while.
    Ready? Oh yes, me, too.
    Icon. AND the Rocket!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Usagi, Velvet

Mighty Member

Icon and Rocket #1 art:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Icon and Rocket #1 art:

I am very excited for that

Mighty Member

isn't Milestone stuff being put out digitally right now? How is it? I thought the floppy versions were going to be a few months behind the digital versions and since I am starting to see floppies being solicited soon so I assume some digital product has dropped.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    isn't Milestone stuff being put out digitally right now? How is it? I thought the floppy versions were going to be a few months behind the digital versions and since I am starting to see floppies being solicited soon so I assume some digital product has dropped.
    That was the original plan but DC changed it after hearing complaints from retailers and others. Now both dropping at the same time later this year.

Icon and Rocket #1 art:

Art looks great! Though I prefer Icon’s old costume with the mask.

still wish there was green in icon's outfit. but I'm glad he's back. i know the official description of him is "not superman" to emphasize that he is not simply a pastiche, but for me he's the most compelling character so far.

Spectacular Member Common Writer's Avatar

The artwork looks great. Let's hope that Hudlin's writing lives up to the art.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    still wish there was green in icon's outfit. but I'm glad he's back. i know the official description of him is "not superman" to emphasize that he is not simply a pastiche, but for me he's the most compelling character so far.
    I COMPLETELY dislike the new Icon costume.....the previous one was much better but I will still check out the new Icon comic.

I truely hope to see more grander feats from Icon as well as having him indulge in Inter-galactic law courts and associated investigations.

Icon and Rocket #1 art:

That's some nice looking line art. I love that the guy's shoe fell off, that's such a small detail that helps sell the struggling/action to me.
    Not gonna lie, Rocket's looking great there.

DC Fandome's been announced for October this year. Think we'll hear some more Milestone news? I'm hoping for some official crew/cast confirmations for Static's movie, and fingers crossed they announce an animated project, either a DTV movie or HBO Max miniseries like Aquaman's getting.

Mighty Member

Icon and Blood Syndicate were my two favorite Milestone titles back in the day. It's looking like the Syndicate might be the Magneto of Milestone though, the apex antagonist for the other titles, maybe along with Alva as the big bads of the Dakotaverse. As long as I get to see them a bunch I am cool with that but will be happy once they get their own title again. Will Tech-9 be reborn???

I just bought the brand new Milestone Infinite one-shot reboot introduction.

spoilers:
    excellent and enjoyable overall.

Random musings: SPOILERS!!

Fascinating to see the different art styles at work here. The early Static sequence, the art seems partially anime'-manga inspired. The new introduction to Virgil, his family members, friends, intriguing.

I have to retool my mind to look at this now. When I first was introduced to the Milestone characters, Virgil and Raquel would have been around my age. Now they are clearly Generation Z (and their parents are likely "my age" in-story), and have social perspectives based on that cohort.

I have to think about the 25+ year jump in eras since we last had consistent stories told about the Milestone heroes.
    .. barely any Internet by the time things stopped publishing in 1997.. Internet and social media all over the place and growing now..
    now, there's much more black and BIPOC presence in mainstream popular culture, music, theater, TV, film, other creative arts..

Seems like Static doesn't have a secret identity now.. or does he? In this era of cameras on "everybody", hmm.. wonder how they'll address it. It's interesting to see. Obviously Icon can tap into dozens of video camera feeds... and even what some people are typing on computers/tablets? That one exchange where Virgil seemingly isn't talking out loud but rather is typing on something, and Raquel reacts to it.. lol.. I guess that sequence in Dark Knight where Bruce sets up a cell phone spying machine is similar..

Glad to see the beginnings of Hardware, Icon & Rocket.. I hope that Hardware gets to take on all sorts of bad folks, and I hope we get to see flashback sequences to his youth, growing up being "adopted" by a company like Apple or Microsoft or 3M...

I'm surprised already that Arnus is giving a speech to the United Nations. I didn't remember that he'd be into doing that this early. I guess we'll see how the 'world' knowing who he is impacts the saga now. I definitely want to see some supervillains in the Icon/Rocket saga, though I appreciate the real world conflicts that they are addressing.

Sidebar: I hope that this isn't controversial, but I'm actually okay with Raquel not getting pregnant in this current narrative. It was a bold choice in the first era, and had compelling subplots, but I hope that the writers don't feel "obligated" to go there this time around.

I wonder who this mysterious 'bat-man' (yeah, I know) is..

I wonder when we'll get to see the new Blood Syndicate.. some old characters plus some all new ones.

The asian-american couple.. the new version of someone? A body-sharing narrative? Hmm..

I hope that prose novels eventually are produced, as well as radio dramas (podcasts), and of course eventually animation and live action.

Oh, last but not least, I'm looking forward to seeing the archival material in hardcopies, even in budget form (e.g., black/white printing, on newsprint, like the Marvel Essential collections and the DC Showcase collections).

end of spoilers

Why It's Important Milestone Comics Exists Outside the DC Universe

During a DC press conference attended by CBR, Hudlin discussed why Milestone was standing apart from the DC Universe. "Milestone did a lot of things right off the top. And one of them was saying, 'Dakota is its own universe separate from the DCU.' They still managed to do some amazing crossover stories," Hudlin said.

He continued, "I think there'll be a lot of surprises when people continue to read the books. But there's no question that we don't want to be beholden to whatever's happening in the continuity of the DCU, which is great. I read those stories, too. But we're telling our own stories, and we need our own universe to do it."
    https://www.cbr.com/why-milestone-co...e-dc-universe/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Very well put! Though personally I’d like for Static to interact with the larger DC universe, after that garbage new 52 series, it’s for the best.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

A very nice and PR friendly way of putting things. And I can definitely appreciate that being made known.
    gf.me/u/zjvqdz

Linked is a personal GoFundMe for a financial nest egg. After having lost our mother this past February, me and my brother have had serious financial anxieties. If you are able/willing and/or if you know someone else who is, please consider contributing and sharing. Thank you.