Thread: Milestone

Spectacular Member

nice! thanks for sharing

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by csmith25 View Post
    nice! thanks for sharing
    Let see..

Static's dad got a name change.

No mention of his mother, sister or Frieda.

Something tells me they are not going to be in this.

OG Momma Hawkins would have been at that march and dared someone to stop her.

Astonishing Member

I see what people mean by "Icon is out of touch" now.

I find it funny that in a middle of a protest of angry people that 2 bullies go through the big group just to beat up a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I find it funny that in a middle of a protest of angry people that 2 bullies go through the big group just to beat up a kid
    I told myself they were counter protesters trying to start a fight in the hopes it would spawn a riot and make the protesters lose credibility. If some jackass with an umbrella can do that in the real world then why not this?

But yeah, it's weird.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

These are just cliff notes of each story. I imagine they’ll fully flesh out their origins in the full books.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    These are just cliff notes of each story. I imagine they’ll fully flesh out their origins in the full books.
    Good point there. All any of us can do is wait and see what happens in those books and not go out of our way to pre-judge all or some of them before they hit the stands and are affordable online.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    That??? It's more common then you think.

Look at like this- you got all that fighting going on-what better way to hurt or kill someone is to do it in the middle of that. It makes it harder to figure out who did what at times.

And also you do have folk who are PAID to start crap up in a protest. If you look hard enough you can see the job postings on some websites.

If it's BLM-you already know there are some. It's just a matter or where or when they show up.

BANNED

Gee-wiz, I would still love the opportunity to work along-side those obvious legends. I tried to submit some art-- lawsuit with the family. Glad thatís been taken care of. I could create some (2020) updated pages. say fans, if you think they should give me a shot?

early design but posted on line in 2015

BANNED

i was made for this ish...

virgil, freda & curtis (HW) 2015

BANNED

uh, i do have some mixed feelings about "Zero" but still was excited for the characters.

Rocket profile 2015.

BANNED

February? i could have full-on comics complete by then. i can work with any of their line-up

icon- hardware- static 2015

BANNED

one of my fav Milestone sketch designs... tech-heavy SS & HW putting out a fire using wind-turbines

2015... i could do this all day. i'll post the next set of Milestone tribute art later on. who knows how to contact these guys for submissions?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the question is, do the people running this revival have the voice to make that statement. Reggie Hudlin isn't exactly the most compellingly provocative voice on the block, and appears to be the guy steering the ship. I like the updated origin, but the biggest issue with our time is the co-opting of movements to the point superficiality. I need to get a feel for what the stories are actually trying to say now, when the best aspects of Milestone are the most relevant; it's ability to be compelling because it was insightful and felt like it was authentically trying to grapple with contemporary culture. i can't help but be skeptical being told to trust in the hands of Weggie Rudlin from the Boondocks, even tho I don't literally think he's that character in real life.
    What's wrong with Hudlin?

BANNED

Judging by the free comic, I think Milestone needs to up their game A LOT if they want to be successful. The art was...um...not very good, IMO, by professional standards. I see they got big names in there like Jim Lee and Bill Sienkiewicz, but these creators seemed to have phoned it in, or didn't have enough time to really work well, or both. Furthermore, doing two pages here or there isn't really enough to make a difference. It's clearly a ploy, an idea of, "Well, if we get so-and-so to do this, it MUST work!" Well, does "so-and-so actually care about what they're doing, and do they have enough time to actually do something meaningful? That kind of speaks to me like they don't have much of a plan. Just put something out and...well...Jim Lee's there, it has to work, right? The writing also wasn't especially good.

This says nothing of the actual commentary they're playing with and how the market may respond to it.

We'll see how things go for them moving forward, but for their sake, hopefully this isn't actually an example of what the imprint will put out...even though this is exactly what that's supposed to be. *shrug*