Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Milestone

I really hope Iron Butterfly is brought back. She has a power rarely seen in superhero comics and is great for Middle Eastern representation.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-25-2018 at 04:21 AM.

There’s a claim the lawsuit has been settled. No details on specifics though, and no word on whether the relaunch is still happening: https://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2019/....co/Zkkyn91Tvg

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s a claim the lawsuit has been settled. No details on specifics though, and no word on whether the relaunch is still happening: https://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2019/....co/Zkkyn91Tvg
    oh lord let this be true
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Guardian.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Far Sector
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-Men (2019), Venom, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: John Ridley IV's Batman w/Luke Fox, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

Mighty Member

If Mcduffies widow won then I think TPB can be a thing again ? If the other two won then DC may be able to use Milestone in current continuity.

Incredible Member

I still cant see how this can go anywhere. Some very serious accusations flying around. Even if books appear i think in the times we live in people will want to know what happened before spending their cash - they will never find out though and the company will operate under a cloud of suspicion.

That could be entirely wrong but thats how i see it playing out

Incredible Member Vampire Savior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    If Mcduffies widow won then I think TPB can be a thing again ? If the other two won then DC may be able to use Milestone in current continuity.
    The case didn't go to trial, by the sound of the article that was linked. When you settle, it's not so much about "winning" as it is coming to an agreement. Settlements can certainly be in one party's favor over another, though, and they're often about paying out some money, but not as much as the plaintiff could have gotten had the case gone to trial and the plaintiff won. So, apparently, they came to some kind of agreement. How things proceed, or if they even can proceed, will largely depend on the terms of the settlement, and we may never know what those are.

"whatever" happened, I hope that in the next couple of years, there will be Milestone comics/GNs, as well as cartoons and live-action projects of different kinds. Oh, toys, too!

I'm not hung up on the character(s) being linked to DC, though. If they are, fine. If not, that's fine, too. [I just think that the 'exclusive' context may be problematic going forward. I can recall Mr. McDuffie's web postings where he lamented how the last deal turned out, and how DC editorial seemed only genuinely interested in Static.]
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 12-08-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Just my opinion, but I do not think the Milestone Universe is packed with great characters. Most of them, I hardly remember. However, they do have two (well, three, sort of) characters that can be superstars -- Static and Icon (and Rocket). They have the potential to not only be great comic characters, but can be franchise movie characters as well.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    I still cant see how this can go anywhere. Some very serious accusations flying around. Even if books appear i think in the times we live in people will want to know what happened before spending their cash - they will never find out though and the company will operate under a cloud of suspicion.

That could be entirely wrong but thats how i see it playing out
    We have seen folks support books that TRASH their favorites and instead of calling out management they took out frustrations on FANS and creators.
    Some kept on doing AFTER learning the truth.

Inhuman fans took abuse despite everyone knowing management wanted marvel to focus on who they had ALL rights to.
    McDuffie caught grief for 4 blacks on JLA-DESPITE making it clear EDITORIAL caused that and still gave him grief. Yet that book SOLD.
    Tyler Perry had made a career screwing over other writers in terms of pay. He still opened a movie studio that is big enough to house 5 of the biggest studios in Hollywood.
    Folks forget Hudlin was in charge of BET-when Boondocks & Black Panther cartoon got screwed over by that network. Hudlin worked on that cartoon and could not get it on the air in the USA.

Yes shady stuff happens but when you have DESPERATE folks-they can overlook a lot. If supporting Static can help Vixen and the rest-you will see it. Even if it does not happen. As long as Mcduffie's widow is taken care of-everything is fine to me. I want to see Kyle Baker's Static.

Fantastic Member

Well, I think the finger points back at the companies. They need to lead the way.
    Let's also not pretend that the companies are the only suspects that're responsible for that happening and have to be the only ones leading the way. As skyvolt said...

Until your fans, store owners and employees at DC/Marvel are more OPEN to POC writing books-it will stay that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Inhuman fans took abuse despite everyone knowing management wanted marvel to focus on who they had ALL rights to.
    McDuffie caught grief for 4 blacks on JLA-DESPITE making it clear EDITORIAL caused that and still gave him grief. Yet that book SOLD.
    Tyler Perry had made a career screwing over other writers in terms of pay. He still opened a movie studio that is big enough to house 5 of the biggest studios in Hollywood.
    Folks forget Hudlin was in charge of BET-when Boondocks & Black Panther cartoon got screwed over by that network. Hudlin worked on that cartoon and could not get it on the air in the USA.

Yes shady stuff happens but you have DESPERATE folks that can overlook a lot. If supporting Static can help Vixen and the rest..you will see it (even if it does not happen). As long as Mcduffie's widow is taken care of then everything is fine to me. I want to see Kyle Baker's Static.
    Thanks for bringing that stuff up.

Just my opinion
    And thank you for stating your opinion as such rather than treating it as fact.

Mighty Member

I'm intrigued by the Store Owners comment because whilst I did hear their were some sad salty old guys kicking off at Marvel over ANAD (Too many women/POC/LGBT etc) it kind of sounded like an easy get out excuse when the fanbase turned on Marvel for trying something different. Or their quality being lacking. Ippso flippso.

Incredible Member

If there is a settlement, the Milestone Media Group might be more amiable to what DC wants to do with their properties. I don't know if that is a good thing or not, considering the crux of the lawsuit was about the McDuffie family getting compensation for Dwayne McDuffie's work. Then again, considering how DC dealt with the Siegel and Shuster lawsuit a while back, DC may want to have nothing to do MMG. But, we'll see...

Can we finally get this ball rolling on Earth-M?!?

Happy New Year, everyone! And some interesting news for those interested.

It appears the season 8 premiere of Death Battle will be between spoilers:
    Virgil Hawkins and Miles Morales
    end of spoilers

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the...estone.162270/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Happy New Year, everyone! And some interesting news for those interested.

It appears the season 8 premiere of Death Battle will be between spoilers:
    Virgil Hawkins and Miles Morales
    end of spoilers

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the...estone.162270/
    yes! I suggested this a billion times! now all I need is for Virgil to unleash an elemental can of whoop ass and for them to do a Green Lantern battle royale and I'll be straight.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Guardian.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Far Sector
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-Men (2019), Venom, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: John Ridley IV's Batman w/Luke Fox, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*