Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Milestone

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I refuse to believe it? That's the first time I've ever even heard that explanation so I've never been given the option of refusing to believe it.
    Enough. Let's get back on topic. Any future posts on this will be deleted.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/...he-big-screen/ Also i cant tell if this is a joke or not.

WHAAAAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!

Static Shock Comes To The Big Screen
    Posted on October 7, 2014 by Rich Johnston

Michael Davies writes,

I’m so happy I can hardly breath!

Static Shock! The character created by Denys Cowan, Derek Dingle, Christopher Priest, Dwayne McDuffie and myself is on its way the big screen!!

Soon and I mean VERY SOON, Virgil, Richie and Sharon will be given their long overdo due on the big screen! I’m ecstatic, delighted, and blissful that finally my friends and family will be able to sit down in a theater and rejoice in the wonder that is Static Shock!

Sookie, Sookie, NOW!!!

Err, white people ask somebody.

Get on the GOOD FOOT!

Ditto.

CAN YOU FEEL IT?

Perhaps it’s best you have a Black person read this to y’all.

I need to testify!

Yeah, that would be best.

Can I get a witness?

Look, just call Leroy and stop punishing yourself.

I’M KING OF THE WORLD!!!!

That one you should have no problem with. Think big boat, Leo & Kate.

Man oh, man, I still can’t believe Static Shock will FINALLY coming to the big screen.

Thank You Jesus!

I just got off the phone with Rich Johnston and I was happy to do an interview with Rich! Here’s an excerpt:

Bleeding Cool: Where were you when you found out Static would soon be on the big screen?

Davis: I was at Walmart of all places.

Bleeding Cool:
    What did you think?

Davis: I thought, “This is a great day!”

Bleeding Cool: Have you talked to the other Milestone founders?

Davis: Why the hell should I?

Bleeding Cool: I would think a Static Shock movie would be something the founders would want to celebrate together.

Davis: Rich, I don’t know what excites you guys in London but it’s not that big a deal.

Bleeding Cool: Not that big a deal? This is major entertainment news!

Davis: Rich, I just brought an 80-inch flat screen and as soon as it’s hooked up, Static Shock will be all over my home theater. That’s a big deal to me but it doesn’t warrant a call to Denys or Derek…wait a sec…did you think I meant a movie release in theaters?

BHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I’m… sorry…snicker… but… snicker … that…Bah… that…BHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! !!

I’m not sure but I could have sworn I heard; “Goddamn Davis! If only he didn’t have those photos he’d never write for Bleeding Cool again!”

Then he hung up.

Come on people, a Static Shock movie? That makes no sense!

Why on earth would anyone want to do a movie or live action television show on one of the most popular animated shows EVER?

Don’t be silly people. I mean just because today, (well as of this writing, THAT today, lord knows when I will or if I will finish this. It’s only by the grace of Go..Rich, I still have a forum here and after my ‘interview’ that’s not looking so secure. Yeah, I’ve had a rough year but a weekly article every now and whenever? That can’t last much longer.

Haters! Try and contain yourselves!

Jus...just speechless. OH gr8 Orishas may dis b true.

Gonna run thru d entire i-net lukin 4 othr sources bcuz its weird dat a Static movie will go ahead without consulting any of d cre8rs after all Davies himself says he found out abt it " frekin' Walmart.

And wats even mo' shokin' (pardon d pun) is dat Davies is hard-headedly intent on isolating himself frm othr Milestone founders....WTF!!!!

Gr8 find Static, very much appreci8 u sharing it here.

In othr nws:

Cant believe we/SZ just found out abt dis 2day....but very much relieved it got d funds & support it needed.

"Electrogenesis" Static Shock Live Action Short Film
    by Team Electrogenesis, Updates 2, Backers 87
    Los Angeles, CA
    Science Fiction
    Funded! This project was successfully funded 2 days ago.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ion-short-film

$3,302
    pledged of $3,000 goal
    https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.ne...-h264_high.mp4

BANNED

It's not true. That essay was satire.

BANNED

it's time to give up on Milestone. They trollin' their fans and acting like a bunch of jerks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    it's time to give up on Milestone. They trollin' their fans and acting like a bunch of jerks.
    Not Milestone...just d annoyin' & irritating Michael Davis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    It really does suck that nobody involved with Milestone seems to have an active interest in doing anything with the properties. I just can't understand it. Is the few dollars that DC pays to license the properties really that much? I mean maybe they pay in the millions annually, but it's disheartening.

Time to make a new Milestone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    It really does suck that nobody involved with Milestone seems to have an active interest in doing anything with the properties. I just can't understand it. Is the few dollars that DC pays to license the properties really that much? I mean maybe they pay in the millions annually, but it's disheartening.

Time to make a new Milestone.
    Same thoughts here...cosignd!

It seems d only way 4 Milestone 2 succeed it 4 a really REALLY dedic8d Milestone fan 2 purchase d entire franchise & push 4ward 2 publish comix starring Milestone xcters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    It's not true. That essay was satire.
    WAH! how cruel!

I was prepared for some awesomeness/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Same thoughts here...cosignd!

It seems d only way 4 Milestone 2 succeed it 4 a really REALLY dedic8d Milestone fan 2 purchase d entire franchise & push 4ward 2 publish comix starring Milestone xcters.
    i must reluctantly agree with you; despite my longing for a static/swamp thing crossover.

even by DC editorial's standard's their attitude is weird. i mean for god's sakes their are golden age z-listers still rattling around on page, yet static or rocket are too much?
    any chance some of this might have anything to do with WB's blind panic and rushing of stuff to counter marvel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    even by DC editorial's standard's their attitude is weird. i mean for god's sakes their are golden age z-listers still rattling around on page, yet static or rocket are too much?
    any chance some of this might have anything to do with WB's blind panic and rushing of stuff to counter marvel?
    I think it has to do with the fact that those aren't DC's characters, so why focus on them? Static -Milestone's most popular character- is popular with nostalgic cartoon fans, but not so much in comics. I don't mean that to be derogatory at all, as I'm a nostalgic fan of Static Shock, too. Static's last series didn't have a very promising first issue where sales are concerned. Sure, it was terrible, but the interest, at least from the comic book shops, wasn't there to begin with.

Is there more DC could have done for Static? Sure. Is there more they can still do? Definitely! It can be argued that the character deserves another shot, but when that's Milestone's most popular character, and it doesn't do well, and when it's not even DC's property, I think the view from DC may be "why bother with this when there isn't enough demand for it, and we can do our own stuff anyway?"

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, and I don't like that DC/WB doesn't do anything with Milestone, but I think I can understand why they wouldn't bother. If WB/DC has the power to, I believe they would keep Milestone locked up just to prevent them from going someplace else. That's how corporations often work. They'll sometimes go out of their way just to make sure someone else can't use something against them, even if they have no interest in doing anything with the thing. And the other side of the coin, the Milestone owners may think that their connection to DC/WB is their best shot at their characters getting more spotlight. There's always the hope that DC will eventually do something with them, and all they would need is one break out success to get big. They have a powerful connection and they may not want to sever it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, and I don't like that DC/WB doesn't do anything with Milestone, but I think I can understand why they wouldn't bother. If WB/DC has the power to, I believe they would keep Milestone locked up just to prevent them from going someplace else. That's how corporations often work. They'll sometimes go out of their way just to make sure someone else can't use something against them, even if they have no interest in doing anything with the thing. And the other side of the coin, the Milestone owners may think that their connection to DC/WB is their best shot at their characters getting more spotlight. There's always the hope that DC will eventually do something with them, and all they would need is one break out success to get big. They have a powerful connection and they may not want to sever it.
    I just don't understand this. Hollywood is going heavy after comic book properties, but for the most part they're properties that are actively being developed every month. Heck Mark Millar is selling movie rights before his first issues hit stands.

With DC doing nothing, the chances of the Milestone characters getting any spotlight are slim-to-none, when Warners has access to 100s of characters minority and not before they'd even need to take a first thought about Milestone. Wishing on a hope and a dream isn't going to get them what they're looking for. Doing something is how you make things happen.

BANNED

Originally Posted by Desh View Post

If DC doesnt start now, den whn?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I just don't understand this. Hollywood is going heavy after comic book properties, but for the most part they're properties that are actively being developed every month. Heck Mark Millar is selling movie rights before his first issues hit stands.

With DC doing nothing, the chances of the Milestone characters getting any spotlight are slim-to-none, when Warners has access to 100s of characters minority and not before they'd even need to take a first thought about Milestone. Wishing on a hope and a dream isn't going to get them what they're looking for. Doing something is how you make things happen.
    Agrd!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    i must reluctantly agree with you; despite my longing for a static/swamp thing crossover.

Hw we/SZ wish dat were true but we all know betta esp whn such nws is cming frm Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    I think it has to do with the fact that those aren't DC's characters, so why focus on them? Static -Milestone's most popular character- is popular with nostalgic cartoon fans, but not so much in comics. I don't mean that to be derogatory at all, as I'm a nostalgic fan of Static Shock, too. Static's last series didn't have a very promising first issue where sales are concerned. Sure, it was terrible, but the interest, at least from the comic book shops, wasn't there to begin with.

Is there more DC could have done for Static? Sure. Is there more they can still do? Definitely! It can be argued that the character deserves another shot, but when that's Milestone's most popular character, and it doesn't do well, and when it's not even DC's property, I think the view from DC may be "why bother with this when there isn't enough demand for it, and we can do our own stuff anyway?"

While i agree with a good amount of this, i would hope that DC would in the VERY LEAST, put static in games as background characters or something, they havent even done that. With the failed new 52 run, i would imagine DC would notice that it wasnt the characters fault but a conflict of writers. I dont think DC is sabotaging them but i do feel they are mistreating Milestone. But as you pointed out better to own it and not use it then possibly let others use them
    Milestone 2.0 is happening and i am so excited. Looks like i know where my money is going.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    But as you pointed out better to own it and not use it then possibly let others use them
    I'm sorry but isn't DC/Warner Brothers letting OTHERS (IDW) using the Cartoon Network/Adult Swim shows for comics? If I have my own comic division shouldn't I be making those comics?

And logic dictates that if I man paying to use something I need to USE it. I don't sit up and pay someone to do nothing.

The issue with Static has not been comic book stores (many I know WISH that book was still around as it was a book that they knew would sell out and in some cases lead to other purchases). It's the quality of the books he is in.

Since 2009 he has been in some of the WORST runs of books.

I could see Desh's point IF they were developing other ORIGINAL minorities but seem to be getting tossed into limbo. Or making them a whipping boy in stories (John Stewart). Or they are the black version or white characters who will end up getting used as Big Event death fodder or more ammo to tick off folks (Wally West fans I feel you).

And if Dc is that scared that someone else will do a better job? Shouldn't you be using Static? And if you think someone else can do a better job-LET THEM!

You made the choice to not use them. YOU not the fans or comic book stores. I'm TIRED of seeing no name properties get chance after chance with no complaints-yet everyone can make excuses to not use Static.