Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 344

Thread: Milestone

  1. #106
    Veteran Green Lantern Sirzechs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Living in my Headcanon
    Posts
    4,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    YOu should look for the original story-Worlds Collide-where the actually story started from. Sadly it's not in trade and aside from Static #14-the other 13 parts are easy to find in bins. The books were Superman, Hardware, Icon, Static, WC Special, Blood Syndicate, Steel & Superboy.
    Thanks will try to get them.

    Are Milestone books on Comixolgy by any chance?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

    I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

    Twitter : @Flashpoint52

  2. #107
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Thanks will try to get them.

    Are Milestone books on Comixolgy by any chance?
    Not sure since I don't use that service.

    It took me almost 10 years to get 245 out of the 257 books they made.

  3. #108
    Mighty Member ZeonsSilverStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Thanks will try to get them.

    Are Milestone books on Comixolgy by any chance?
    Nah the only Milestone book on there is Static Shock Special.

  4. #109
    Rookie Member BlueFlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    38

    Default

    You know, I think it's so disappointing that DC doesn't make a legitimate effort to properly honor the great Dwayne McDuffie by doing something meaningful with his Milestone characters. There's a generation of fans who love Static because of "Static Shock," so DC not giving him a proper book with a proper creative team is truly baffling. And I still can't get over the fact that when they did give Static a book in the New 52, they made Scott McDaneil the writer on the series. That right there indicates that DC had very little interest in putting out a quality Static book. No offense to McDaniel's writing skills, but the man is not an experienced writer.

  5. #110
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlight View Post
    You know, I think it's so disappointing that DC doesn't make a legitimate effort to properly honor the great Dwayne McDuffie by doing something meaningful with his Milestone characters. There's a generation of fans who love Static because of "Static Shock," so DC not giving him a proper book with a proper creative team is truly baffling. And I still can't get over the fact that when they did give Static a book in the New 52, they made Scott McDaneil the writer on the series. That right there indicates that DC had very little interest in putting out a quality Static book. No offense to McDaniel's writing skills, but the man is not an experienced writer.
    But people keep forgetting . . . DC doesn't OWN Milestone.

    Oh, and latest news: Hudlin, Cowan & Dingle Revive Milestone Media

  6. #111
    Veteran Green Lantern Sirzechs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Living in my Headcanon
    Posts
    4,758

    Default

    Well sounds like characters will be going around to alot of different publishers that's probably the reason they were hardly used in the New52.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

    I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

    Twitter : @Flashpoint52

  7. #112
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,614

    Default

    I wonder how long before Disney makes a bid.

    The only character DC really wanted was Static. He's still one of the most popular African American characters in comics. If Marvel can get him even for a crossover that would be huge for them. I'm sure a lot of Static fans have dreamed about a team up with Spider-Man. Static is a very Spider-Man like character, they would hit well together.

  8. #113
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder how long before Disney makes a bid.

    The only character DC really wanted was Static. He's still one of the most popular African American characters in comics. If Marvel can get him even for a crossover that would be huge for them. I'm sure a lot of Static fans have dreamed about a team up with Spider-Man. Static is a very Spider-Man like character, they would hit well together.
    Static is the one character I do not expect DC/WB to let go because they are well aware of his commercial value compared to even their own heroes.

  9. #114
    Veteran Member FanboyStranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,388

    Default

    Great news. I suspect that Static and Xombi will remain with DC for a little while due to them having recent series and collections still in print, but I'm thrilled that we might actually get an Icon and Blood Syndicate series down the pike.

  10. #115
    Mighty Member ZeonsSilverStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Static is the one character I do not expect DC/WB to let go because they are well aware of his commercial value compared to even their own heroes.
    They might as well let him go since comic wise they haven't done much with him lately. I can only hope with Milestone coming back Static gets a solo.

  11. #116
    DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Great news. I suspect that Static and Xombi will remain with DC for a little while due to them having recent series and collections still in print, but I'm thrilled that we might actually get an Icon and Blood Syndicate series down the pike.
    Couldn't they just do what was done with books like Bloodhound and Major Bummer? They were both originally published by DC but when they wanted to re-release the issues in trade they published them through Dark Horse.

    Also, I hope Milestone doesn't work with DC again.

  12. #117
    Astonishing Member Triple J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    3,528

    Default

    Hmm, I wonder how this will change the plans for Static live action show.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

    That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

    This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

    Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

  13. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder how long before Disney makes a bid.

    The only character DC really wanted was Static. He's still one of the most popular African American characters in comics. If Marvel can get him even for a crossover that would be huge for them. I'm sure a lot of Static fans have dreamed about a team up with Spider-Man. Static is a very Spider-Man like character, they would hit well together.
    Except the problem is that he would be in competition with Miles Morales, though.

  14. #119
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    They might as well let him go since comic wise they haven't done much with him lately. I can only hope with Milestone coming back Static gets a solo.

    Pretty much, the nu52 Static comic didn't say "we really like this character and are fully committed to making him THE character" or come anywhere close to that


    Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    Except the problem is that he would be in competition with Miles Morales, though.
    No he wouldn't, those two teaming up for 4 to 5 issues with a solid creative team equals a license to print money
    Last edited by Smoov-E; 01-21-2015 at 10:27 AM.

  15. #120
    BANNED colonyofcells's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,586

    Default

    I am glad Milestone is now considering deals with multiple publishers. Hopefully, Blood Syndicate and Shadow Cabinet will find better homes elsewhere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •