View Poll Results: Did you like Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue.

27 45.00%
  • Good. I like where this story is going.

24 40.00%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

5 8.33%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of this story.

2 3.33%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

2 3.33%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rok View Post
    2) His only villain with staying power (his uncle) was killed off. Electro, Venom, Rhino and Roxxon was Peter's villains. I get it, you have to re-use some of the standard SM villains, but you also have to make new ones who are re-useable. And re-using the ONLY villain who has PP written all over him, is not going to remove this critique.
    Completely agree with this. Miles needs his own rogue's gallery and that's what Bendis should be focusing on. Bringing Norm back for a #1 issue might result in a quick shoot-up in sales, but the only thing that's going to result in steady sales is making Miles a fully fleshed-out character instead of a support player in his own book.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

To be fair he brought in the Ultimate Fly... Twins? Whatever they are they're part of Miles's Rogues Gallery and have nothing to do with Ultimate Peter Parker.

All-New Member The Amazing Spider-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    To be fair he brought in the Ultimate Fly... Twins? Whatever they are they're part of Miles's Rogues Gallery and have nothing to do with Ultimate Peter Parker.
    Also, Peter didn't face an actual villain until issue 6, I think.

If they are going the same route, and I suspect they are, it'll be a while before Miles gets his own villain. Especially considering that a lot of Peter's rogues gallery is still alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rok View Post
    Other problems are:

1) Miles is out-shined by his own supporting cast. He is the least interesting character in most of his scenes, Jess and Ganke are the two most interesting characters in the book. If Marvel had cared for the quality of the book post-DoSM they should have made it a Jessica book.

2) His only villain with staying power (his uncle) was killed off. Electro, Venom, Rhino and Roxxon was Peter's villains. I get it, you have to re-use some of the standard SM villains, but you also have to make new ones who are re-useable. And re-using the ONLY villain who has PP written all over him, is not going to remove this critique.
    A Ganke book where he hits on anything and everything that moves and has super-powers. Now that'd be interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    We'll see what happens with them. It's too early to rule out them having something to do with Peter, they could be the Chameleons or they could be Peter clones.

Spectacular Member

Miles should be in Peter's shadow tho and constantly comparing himself to him, I mean how could he not? Peter was a big time hero who sacrificed himself for the greater good, and now Miles is stepping up and taking on his mantle. How could he do something like that and not be in the shadow of Peter?

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Spider-Man View Post
    Also, Peter didn't face an actual villain until issue 6, I think.

If they are going the same route, and I suspect they are, it'll be a while before Miles gets his own villain. Especially considering that a lot of Peter's rogues gallery is still alive and kicking.
    Don't forget that most of those issues dealt with his and Green Goblin's origin, something that's already dealt with here.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Completely agree with this. Miles needs his own rogue's gallery and that's what Bendis should be focusing on. Bringing Norm back for a #1 issue might result in a quick shoot-up in sales, but the only thing that's going to result in steady sales is making Miles a fully fleshed-out character instead of a support player in his own book.
    I feel the same way. Miles definitely needs to start gaining his own rogues. Currently I think we have the Scorpion (who was pretty underwhelming in my opinion) and maybe Taskmaster I suppose. Hopefully the Human Fly Twins can help to fill this niche too. However, I don't want rogues for the sake of rogue's either. I would love to see well developed fleshed out villians that challenge and help evolve Miles. Also, opponents that require more than 'Venom-stinging' (or whatever its called) would be appreciated.

Did he just get up from a Venom Sting? Maybe he is a clone.
    Last edited by Art Thief; 05-09-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Peter getting up from a Venom Sting is great. Maybe the Oz in his blood makes him immune... and what villian who just escaped from SHIELD has lots of Oz in his blood?

Also, if it's related to Oz the Chameleons theory is busted. It must be a clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    It's obviously not Peter. Between the odd way he was introduced and his dialogue, nothing about it felt even slightly like Peter was back. And rightly so.

As for the rest of the issue, I liked it. Especially the conversation between Miles and MJ. It's comforting to know that there's at least one well-written and intelligent MJ existing in some part of the MU right now.
    There's also the daily strip MJ, Peter's loyal wife of twenty-seven years

I really hope Bendis has MJ fish out "Peter" in this story and show how noone knows the guy better than her.

so has miles wrapped his head around creating web fluid yet?
    What about that villain from the '60s toons that Bendis has been promising?

Ganke makes his fluid.