View Poll Results: Did you like Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue.

27 45.00%
  • Good. I like where this story is going.

24 40.00%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

5 8.33%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of this story.

2 3.33%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

2 3.33%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Peter...?

Is it the Scorpion Clone?! Did they get that suit off him and revealed that he has 5 Fingers?!

I disagree, Peter died a good death. Scorpion Clone has been talked about since The Clone Saga and stuff and fans have been wondering what he's doing. Besides it would be nice for Jessica to be able to team-up with her other surviving cloned Sibling and help him become his own person and to be more than just "Peter's other Clone".

He could even be the Scarlet Spider and take on the name Kaine!
    Im with you there, I really like that idea! I'd sincerely like it to be Peter, but the scorpion clone taking the scarlet spider mantle and trying to find his own identity would be really cool! I'll be miffed if he becomes a villainous scarlet spider though. Ugh, please no

At this point Norman has already been brought back from the dead (arguably twice), so even if it IS the real Peter I'd have no problem with it. But i guess we have to wait a few months to see. Damn you, decompression

Fantastic Member

Ultimate Scarlet Spider...

Cool issue. I'm not 100% down with Norman yet, but whatever. All the Miles interactions were ace this issue, but hopefully Spider-Man gets into some action next issue.

Now Peter. I do not for a second believe that this is the real Peter. It would be the height of stupidity to bring him back after all that we, as readers, have gone through after his death and it would also greatly undermine Miles. Really, at this stage, we should be seeing some solid stories and action that establish Miles as the one, true Ultimate Spider-Man, heir to the mantle, out from Peter's shadow, etc. Anyway, I think it's kind of obvious, or should be, that this Peter is somehow tied to the Spider-twins. As others have said, either Chameleon, or Ultimate Clone Saga 2.

Furthermore, I for one do not want this or any clone Peter to be a good guy, be Ultimate Scarlet Spider, or be anything else that takes away from Miles. Enough already. Peter is dead, Miles is Spider-Man. Do we really need a resurgence of all the arguments, desperate speculation, denial, Peter-wanking, and fan rage that happened around these parts back when Peter first died and was replaced? No, and I hope for a most expedient in-book solution to this 'Peter' problem. Bendis may have just kicked the hornet's nest--hopefully he brought a barrel of Raid.
    Last edited by LASERlips; 05-07-2014 at 12:40 PM.

It makes sense that person is Peter, cause in 200 he was in the bushes looking at everyone at his house. Like there would be no gain in the Chameleon twins going after Peter's family if Peter is dead. Likewise pretending to be someone the entire world knows to be dead doesn't seem remotely like a bright idea. Peter was probably looking for web shooters, so he thought there would extras in his room, only to not find them. He probably then followed Miles to his home, hoping he would have the extra that Peter could borrow without Miles knowing.

They already cheapened Peter's death by having Norman survive.

Having this Peter be a clone would be too obvious. We know it, Bendis knows it, heck even MJ & Miles (or pretty much anyone that knew Peter before he died) would be instantly suspicious of this Peter and the first thing that would come to their heads is that he is a clone.

It'd be very cool if this Peter turns out to be the real Peter and instead of becoming Spider-Man again he becomes the Ultimate Scarlet Spider. It'd certainly be a twist on the whole Scarlet Spider always being a clone idea. He and Miles can work together.

The Ultimate Spider-Man MilesMorales's Avatar

I think "Peter" is the Scorpion/Peter clone and that maybe he'll become our Ultimate Scarlet Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post

Having this Peter be a clone would be too obvious. We know it, Bendis knows it, heck even MJ & Miles (or pretty much anyone that knew Peter before he died) would be instantly suspicious of this Peter and the first thing that would come to their heads is that he is a clone.

It'd be very cool if this Peter turns out to be the real Peter and instead of becoming Spider-Man again he becomes the Ultimate Scarlet Spider. It'd certainly be a twist on the whole Scarlet Spider always being a clone idea. He and Miles can work together.
    Yep, couldn't agree more.

The Death of Spider-Man story was emotionally effective, and it WAS a great story. BUT it was absolutely cheapened by the fact that Bendis brought a character back from the dead to kill a beloved character "permanently." How are we supposed to take that seriously? Again, Im not about having this idea both ways. The jury's still out on whether its actually Peter or not, and I'm doing my best not to have an opinion. Because at this point, Marvel's the only ones that knows for sure. I just like playing with the what-ifs of every scenario. Thats what forums are for

Miles has been spiderman for 3 years and he still hasn't come into his own, and thats insanely unfortunate. I like the kid a lot, but he's been in the shadow of Peter since his first appearance. Maybe bringing "a" Peter back was the play all along? Who the hell knows. Its not like comic book writers are known for their honesty or spoiling their own stories hahaha

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Eh, I feel that Miles has come on as his own for sure and has grown a lot since he first put on the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERlips View Post
    Cool issue. I'm not 100% down with Norman yet, but whatever. All the Miles interactions were ace this issue, but hopefully Spider-Man gets into some action next issue.

Now Peter. I do not for a second believe that this is the real Peter. It would be the height of stupidity to bring him back after all that we, as readers, have gone through after his death and it would also greatly undermine Miles. Really, at this stage, we should be seeing some solid stories and action that establish Miles as the one, true Ultimate Spider-Man, heir to the mantle, out from Peter's shadow, etc. Anyway, I think it's kind of obvious, or should be, that this Peter is somehow tied to the Spider-twins. As others have said, either Chameleon, or Ultimate Clone Saga 2.

Furthermore, I for one do not want this or any clone Peter to be a good guy, be Ultimate Scarlet Spider, or be anything else that takes away from Miles. Enough already. Peter is dead, Miles is Spider-Man. Do we really need a resurgence of all the arguments, desperate speculation, denial, Peter-wanking, and fan rage that happened around these parts back when Peter first died and was replaced? No, and I hope for a most expedient in-book solution to this 'Peter' problem. Bendis may have just kicked the hornet's nest--hopefully he brought a barrel of Raid.
    I disagree, Scorpion Clone being Scarlet Spider and joining the All-New Ultimates and sometimes appearing, along with "Black Widow, in Mile's own book as cameo's or that Spider Team-Up would be great!

Miles is in 2 books, so he's going to have plenty of chances to establish himself as the Ultimate Spider-Man and no amount of "Black Widows" or "Scarlet Spiders" will get in the way of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    It makes sense that person is Peter, cause in 200 he was in the bushes looking at everyone at his house. Like there would be no gain in the Chameleon twins going after Peter's family if Peter is dead. Likewise pretending to be someone the entire world knows to be dead doesn't seem remotely like a bright idea. Peter was probably looking for web shooters, so he thought there would extras in his room, only to not find them. He probably then followed Miles to his home, hoping he would have the extra that Peter could borrow without Miles knowing.
    If it's a clone, nostalgia and memories. If it's an imposter, research. There's your bushes for ya. And anybody pretending to be Peter must have a reason. We just don't know what it is yet. It seems like it stopped Miles in his tracks, isn't that reason enough?

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post

It might be too obvious, but Bendis hasn't exactly been blowing our minds with the twists and turns lately.

I maintain, having a Peter clone become Scarlet Spider would take too much from Miles. Plus, he already has Jessica Drew as his 'Peter buddy'.

Now if this turns out to really be Peter and he becomes Scarlet Spider it would be a disaster. Bendis/Marvel took a huge risk and made some very bold moves concerning Ultimate Spider-Man. They gave him an ending and created a new Spider-Man--a historic event. Now is the time to make that pay off, story-wise. Bringing Peter back would just be floundering, backpedaling, it would be irredeemably cheap (like that time Jim Gordon died in TDK for no reason other than to be brought back later in the movie to make the sheep audience cheer). Plus, and I think everyone knows this and many hope for it, if Peter comes back as Scarlet Spider, then in a year we will be reading Peter Parker: The Ultimate Spider-Man #1.

Jessica isn't a "Peter Buddy", she's already forgotten most of Peter's memories and has developed her own identity as Jessica Drew.

While I haven't read every Miles Morales comic, each and every one I have read was basically "Do I measure up to Peter Parker? - The series" This would certainly be a better series if it stopped inviting comparisons to Ultimate Peter.

As for the issue itself, I've read this story before. This is just like that 90's Wally West story where "Barry Allen" comes back and wants to resume being the Flash, but he ends up being an evil clone or Professor Zoom or whatever and Wally beats him, establishing himself as a worthy new Flash. It's no mistake they're bringing back Norman Osborn for the sake of Miles beating him too in order to prove himself.

Meanwhile the book will continue to sell like 30-40K and is creatively a shadow of it's mid-2000's self.

Dunno, Miles Morales seems to be what's keeping the UU around and still somewhat relevant. Guy's the star of two of the 3 rebooted books!

I've been re-reading Ultimate Spider-Man from the very, VERY beginning. There's actually a whole chunk of the original run I've never read. Shame on me.

But I've read all of Miles thus far (except for Cataclysm). I'm excited to be on board for this run.

I can't read Bendis' mind but I think it would have been delusional to think that Miles was never going to deal, heavily, with aspects of Peter's mythology. This is all speculation but let's start from the top:

-The book is emphatically called: MILES MORALES: The Ultimate Spider-Man. This is Miles' book, no doubt about it.
    -I have no inside information on Marvel editorial decisions but I think the Miles story was kind of derailed between the Divided We Fall/United We Stand portions. I think Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man is Bendis getting back to square one with an extended, Miles-focus run just like the original Ultimate Spider-Man comic before Ultimatum.
    -Because of the derailment of Ultimate line-wide crossovers Bendis really hasn't sunk his teeth into how Peter's legacy affects Miles in any fundamental way. This is that time.
    -Norman Osborn is THE big bad. Not even Peter could take him out permanently and now he's gunning for Miles. What does this mean for Miles? Is there a deliberate purpose to Norman being around? I'm not always the biggest fan of Bendis' execution but I credit him with enough intelligence to know a trope when he sees one. I don't think Norman is here to play trope. I think he is a stepping stone to Miles truly stepping out from under Peter's shadow.
    -And how more blunt can that theme be then having to physically walk out of Peter's shadow? "Peter Parker" is back. I totally think it's a clone. But what role will this clone play going forward? That is the question. In fact, I would love to see the adventures of a "Ben Reilly" character who is the real Peter in every way except he's not. And he has to deal with that. I think Bendis dropped the ball on exploring that with Spider-Woman but it would be cool to see this clone take on his own life too.
    --
    I'm definitely down for this new Miles Morales. I hope for an extended, uninterrupted run keeping Miles at the center.

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    I've been re-reading Ultimate Spider-Man from the very, VERY beginning. There's actually a whole chunk of the original run I've never read. Shame on me.

But I've read all of Miles thus far (except for Cataclysm). I'm excited to be on board for this run.

I can't read Bendis' mind but I think it would have been delusional to think that Miles was never going to deal, heavily, with aspects of Peter's mythology. This is all speculation but let's start from the top:

-The book is emphatically called: MILES MORALES: The Ultimate Spider-Man. This is Miles' book, no doubt about it.
    -I have no inside information on Marvel editorial decisions but I think the Miles story was kind of derailed between the Divided We Fall/United We Stand portions. I think Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man is Bendis getting back to square one with an extended, Miles-focus run just like the original Ultimate Spider-Man comic before Ultimatum.
    -Because of the derailment of Ultimate line-wide crossovers Bendis really hasn't sunk his teeth into how Peter's legacy affects Miles in any fundamental way. This is that time.
    -Norman Osborn is THE big bad. Not even Peter could take him out permanently and now he's gunning for Miles. What does this mean for Miles? Is there a deliberate purpose to Norman being around? I'm not always the biggest fan of Bendis' execution but I credit him with enough intelligence to know a trope when he sees one. I don't think Norman is here to play trope. I think he is a stepping stone to Miles truly stepping out from under Peter's shadow.
    -And how more blunt can that theme be then having to physically walk out of Peter's shadow? "Peter Parker" is back. I totally think it's a clone. But what role will this clone play going forward? That is the question. In fact, I would love to see the adventures of a "Ben Reilly" character who is the real Peter in every way except he's not. And he has to deal with that. I think Bendis dropped the ball on exploring that with Spider-Woman but it would be cool to see this clone take on his own life too.
    --
    I'm definitely down for this new Miles Morales. I hope for an extended, uninterrupted run keeping Miles at the center.
    Yeah the united we stand stuff was a brutal cross over, didnt care much for it. But i definitely agree these events derailed Miles' focus. If hes going to be the THE Ultimate Spider-Man, then he needs more focus. So hopefully this Peter showing up is a physical manifestation of that need. But still, it'd be cool to keep him around too haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

He could even be the Scarlet Spider and take on the name Kaine!
    That would be incredibly awesome.

Though Kaine was the crazy deformed clone that kidnapped MJ I believe. And there's already a Ben Reily in this continuity. But I'm so ready for Ultimate Scarlet Spider.