View Poll Results: Did you like Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue.

27 45.00%
  • Good. I like where this story is going.

24 40.00%
  • Meh. Not bad, but it could have been worse.

5 8.33%
  • Bad. I'm not a fan of this story.

2 3.33%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

2 3.33%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I think this story arc will finally show Miles' growth as a superhero. Peter was only Spider-Man for 1 year, Miles has had his powers for at least 2 years. Even when he took a year break, he probably got use to being Spider-Man again.

I'm interested where this Peter and Norman story is heading, because I like Bendis work. We don't really know what happened to Peter's body anyways, could SHIELD have kept, did someone steal and try to clone him, it really wasn't addressed whether or not Peter's body was buried or not.

Peter is dead, Miles is Spider-Man. Miles book is far better then the same old peter trash .

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I think this story arc will finally show Miles' growth as a superhero. Peter was only Spider-Man for 1 year, Miles has had his powers for at least 2 years. Even when he took a year break, he probably got use to being Spider-Man again.

I'm interested where this Peter and Norman story is heading, because I like Bendis work. We don't really know what happened to Peter's body anyways, could SHIELD have kept, did someone steal and try to clone him, it really wasn't addressed whether or not Peter's body was buried or not.
    I seriously doubt that the big funeral in fallout would have taken place without a body. But I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStorm View Post
    Peter is dead, Miles is Spider-Man. Miles book is far better then the same old peter trash .
    True Peter is dead and a fake Peter is in this issue. But Miles is still out shined by Ganke and Jessica every single time they have a scene together, Miles is close to being the least interesting character in his own book, something you can't say for Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rok View Post
    I seriously doubt that the big funeral in fallout would have taken place without a body. But I could be wrong.
    Well i'm just saying it would've been a fake body in a casket.
    I always think back to Tony Stark covering the funeral cost, meaning Aunt May wouldn't go over the details what would happen with Peter's body. I mean I think it's EXTREMELY IRRESPONSIBLE to have a body of superhero just lying around for someone to take it. Especially when you think back to how everything started cause of the super solider project. Heck Roxxon was trying to make their own super soliders, wouldn't having Peter's body available make everything super easy for them? That's what happened in that Captain America arc when he died.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStorm View Post
    Someone should tell Miles this because he spends every issue comparing himself unfavorably to Peter.

I'm really excited to see what they do with this new "Peter" I'm really hoping it's the scorpion clone, as that and the fate of Eddie Brock are two of the biggest unresolved mysteries of the original US run. I'm also glad to see MJ have a role in this book, as she has been sitting on the sidelines for most of Miles run.

I'm actually pretty shocked that they had Miles father just abandon him. I really can't wait to see what happens next. I just hope it doesn't become the Norman Osborne show, dude has a way of taking up a lot of screen time whenever he shows up.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I thought the moments were Miles realizes Dagger was hot and when Ganke was like "I make the web fluid." were pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    One of those twin Spider-Men is missing a finger.
    I went back and looked but I'm just not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    "I have decided there's no such thing as too hot for me." - Good on you, Ganke.
    That kiss from Gwen really boosted his self confidence. I still want to know what was in that box.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERlips View Post
    Anyway, I think it's kind of obvious, or should be, that this Peter is somehow tied to the Spider-twins. As others have said, either Chameleon, or Ultimate Clone Saga 2.
    It seems really obvious but what if this clone Peter is one of the twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    It makes sense that person is Peter, cause in 200 he was in the bushes looking at everyone at his house. Like there would be no gain in the Chameleon twins going after Peter's family if Peter is dead. Likewise pretending to be someone the entire world knows to be dead doesn't seem remotely like a bright idea. Peter was probably looking for web shooters, so he thought there would extras in his room, only to not find them. He probably then followed Miles to his home, hoping he would have the extra that Peter could borrow without Miles knowing.
    A clone might have went there for web shooters as well. In which case he likely would have tried to sneak in-and-out. It's possible he wasn't expecting all those people to be there. We'll have to wait and see if they address it next issue.

I might be missing something but if it's the original Peter, how would he know that Miles is Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    -The book is emphatically called: MILES MORALES: The Ultimate Spider-Man. This is Miles' book, no doubt about it.
    The name change has me worried that they will bring in another Spider-Man be it clone or original Peter. I really hope not though.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    I went back and looked but I'm just not seeing it.
    When they are waiving at the camera. Guy on the right has only 4 fingers on his left hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MilesMorales View Post
    I think "Peter" is the Scorpion/Peter clone and that maybe he'll become our Ultimate Scarlet Spider.
    I have a feeling this "Peter" will be an antagonist... Breaking into a guy's apartment and digging through his stuff isn't how you introduce your long dead hero or an up and coming friend and ally. Way too shady.

IIRC Scorpion was not right in his head, and SHIELD had possession of him. So with SHIELD gone he's probably escaped. So I have a feeling he'll become Ultimate Spidercide rather than Scarlet Spider.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    I might be missing something but if it's the original Peter, how would he know that Miles is Spider-Man?
    Presumably he could've figured it out by spying on the get together at May's. It was all of Peter's closest friends...and two random kids. Probably wouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Let's all note the best part of this issue, the return of ultimate pete's original haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by RichSummers View Post
    Let's all note the best part of this issue, the return of ultimate pete's original haircut.
    Nope, not even close.
    The best part was Ganke wanting to hook up with Dagger.

Incredible Member

[deleted.]
    Last edited by xpyred; 04-16-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Someone should tell Miles this because he spends every issue comparing himself unfavorably to Peter.
    Errr.. No he doesn't. Hell he hasn't mentioned Peter all that much in his entire run or even at all in the last Event.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Errr.. No he doesn't. Hell he hasn't mentioned Peter all that much in his entire run or even at all in the last Event.
    So a major part of this issue wasn't Miles questioning what Peter would do in a given situation?