Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Spider-Man X-men or Fantastic Four

Now that its settled unanimously that Spider-Man is terrible fit in the Avengers, his most mentioned preferred teams are either the X-men or Fantastic Four. Which team does Spider-Man fit best?

Well, he was on the Future Foundation for a while, although I don't think the potential of that was ever realized.

And there'll be that monthly where he trains some younger X-Men. So we'll see about the latter.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Fantastic Four, definitely.

It really works that the orphan kid seeks out a close nit family to be a part of. Despite early Peter being a bit of a d**k, his bond with Johnny really grew into a brotherly love and seeing them interact is always great. Sue and Reed immediately fall into the parental roles with JS and PP as the squabbling kids, with Ben is everyone's favourite uncle. That and in Future Foundation he actually got to be portrayed as smart for a change.

Not really a fan of Spidey and the X-Men. Honestly, my favourite interaction wasn't even in a comic, it was the 90s cartoon where he went to them to cure his mutation disease. Other than the outcast thing, he doesn't really have much common ground there in character or story type.

That said, I'm pretty sure DarthFury will disagree with me here.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Same on FF and sadly Spidey's only real connection with the X-men is the outcast. He has no personal character connection with any of the members save Wolverine. The rest of the members either view Spider-Man as just another hero or an annoyance like the Avengers.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Spider-Man shouldn't be on any team 'permanently'. But to answer your question: Fantastic Four. That's the only team where he has any deep connection to the other members.

I feel the X-men are a better fit. Because the hero with bad publicity angle. Half the fantastic four are Avengers now anyway so I'm not sure there'd be much of a difference. The only Fantastic four member I recall seeing him have a connection too is Johnny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I feel the X-men are a better fit. Because the hero with bad publicity angle. Half the fantastic four are Avengers now anyway so I'm not sure there'd be much of a difference. The only Fantastic four member I recall seeing him have a connection too is Johnny.
    Spider-Man needs more than just sharing the outcast angle with the X-men he needs development with some of its members. He has developed zero chemistry with the individual members aside from Wolverine and he's out of commission. With the FF its iconic, yes the both served on the Avengers but that just seems irrelevant since members of the X-men have also joined.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Fantastic Four, definitely.

It really works that the orphan kid seeks out a close nit family to be a part of. Despite early Peter being a bit of a d**k, his bond with Johnny really grew into a brotherly love and seeing them interact is always great. Sue and Reed immediately fall into the parental roles with JS and PP as the squabbling kids, with Ben is everyone's favourite uncle. That and in Future Foundation he actually got to be portrayed as smart for a change.

Not really a fan of Spidey and the X-Men. Honestly, my favourite interaction wasn't even in a comic, it was the 90s cartoon where he went to them to cure his mutation disease. Other than the outcast thing, he doesn't really have much common ground there in character or story type.

That said, I'm pretty sure DarthFury will disagree with me here.
    Not enough Black Cat or She-Hulk or Jessica Drew in your post.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Nah, Peter has a connection with all of them (Sue, Reed, Ben, Johnny, Franklin, and Val.)
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

BANNED

Xmen, because FF is to bland for my tastes, Spidey is like Batman he is better when he works outside his element and his usual new york adventures. Besides Spidey taught hope, this already makes this interaction with the xmen seem natural, Peter is a better adapter on different teams than a procedural team stooge when he Is an Avenger or part of the FF.

Peter to me would connect more with fellow outsiders and misfits better than the family of world famous celebrities that save the multi verse all the time plus contradict would Spidey is all about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    Xmen, because FF is to bland for my tastes, Spidey is like Batman he is better when he works outside his element and his usual new york adventures. Besides Spidey taught hope, this already makes this interaction with the xmen seem natural, Peter is a better adapter on different teams than a procedural team stooge when he Is an Avenger or part of the FF.

Peter to me would connect more with fellow outsiders and misfits better than the family of world famous celebrities that save the multi verse all the time plus contradict would Spidey is all about.
    Eh the X-men have lost their meaning years ago. Now their to busy acting like hypocrites, making pointless complaints about Cyclops and forgetting their mission statement. Their a shadow of there former selves. Plus I detest Spider-man being compared to Batman, to me he's more like the Flash.

Besides Spidey has far more memorable moments with the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man/Fantastic Four by Christos Gage and Spider-Man and Human Torch By slott.
    Last edited by stingnewell; 09-26-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Family is the key word here. Spider-Man is an extended family member of the FF. That contradicts nothing about Spider-Man.

And what did Peter teach Hope, exactly?
    When the fire blows

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Same on FF and sadly Spidey's only real connection with the X-men is the outcast. He has no personal character connection with any of the members save Wolverine. The rest of the members either view Spider-Man as just another hero or an annoyance like the Avengers.
    He does have a personal character connection with Psylocke(in connection to meeting him through Brian Braddock)...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Spider-Man needs more than just sharing the outcast angle with the X-men he needs development with some of its members. He has developed zero chemistry with the individual members aside from Wolverine and he's out of commission. With the FF its iconic, yes the both served on the Avengers but that just seems irrelevant since members of the X-men have also joined.
    I respect your opinion? But disagree on the notion that Spidey has no chemistry with xmen characters nor agree that even if he didn't it would not be as good with the cosmic family. You underestimate his unprecedented versatility with more teams and hero team ups, plus being marvels most iconic superhero he can (with the right writers) can work with anyone and establish a long lasting bond with them.

He be working with much more down to earth every day like people from the institute. The FF always seemed otherworldly and exaggerated concepts for Peters taste plus tthir work is outside of his level. Xmen Sci Fi seems more of Peters forte plus their brainy scientists work on an earthly scale compared to cosmic tier Reed and doom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    He does have a personal character connection with Psylocke(in connection to meeting him through Brian Braddock)...
    which has been retcon out and has never been mentioned again.

I respect your opinion? But disagree on the notion that Spidey has no chemistry with xmen characters nor agree that even if he didn't it would not be as good with the cosmic family. You underestimate his unprecedented versatility with more teams and hero team ups, plus being marvels most iconic superhero he can (with the right writers) can work with anyone and establish a long lasting bond with them.

He be working with much more down to earth every day like people from the institute. The FF always seemed otherworldly and exaggerated concepts for Peters taste plus tthir work is outside of his level. Xmen Sci Fi seems more of Peters forte plus their brainy scientists work on an earthly scale compared to cosmic tier Reed and doom.
    Nope I still don't agree with you. Plus your contradicting yourself you say Spider-man is versatile yet you ignore the fact he has had adventures outside the street level and earth bound. Last time I checked the Fantastic Four despite going on more exotic adventures have had a very grounded story to them with its members of Ben grim, Johnny and Susan.
    With Reed Spider-Man is given the chance to expand his intellect. But seeing as how this is going no where agree to disagree.
    Last edited by stingnewell; 09-26-2014 at 12:02 PM.