Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Lionsgate To Reboot "Power Rangers" in Live-Action Film

Lionsgate and Saban have announced a "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" live-action film that plans to reboot the 21-year old franchise.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I was about 5 or 6 when the first one came out.

I suddenly feel reallllly old.

BANNED

Pacific Rim, Godzilla and now Power Rangers.
    Could this be the new dawn of giant monster movies and robot films?!

I hope so.

This is exciting. Of course there is the prospect it will be terrible and destroy some childhood memories but I'll live in hope.

The original Power Rangers was one of my guilty pleasures as a kid, before I knew what a guilty pleasure was. Looking back I could see why my dad hated that I watched the show, since it was just so dumb a lot of the time. But I don't care. It was still fun.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Pacific Rim, Godzilla and now Power Rangers.
    Could this be the new dawn of giant monster movies and robot films?!

I hope so.
    I certainly Hope So! ;-)

I have been a Godzilla Fan since 7 and the Movie, besides Captain America: TWS, Godzilla is my #1 to see this year and I really hope it leads to More down the line and a re-emergence of them in Japan as well after a Break of them Since Godzilla: FINAL WARS!

Rebooting Power Rangers will indeed be interesting, I was a Big Fan of the original and now am a Bigger Fan of their their Japanese inspiration, Super Sentai!

So I am indeed Wondering what they have in-store for this idea indeed, be interesting to see where they go with it! ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Please be awesome.

Andy really is a hero, everyone.

...I wonder what Reboot Bulk and Skull will be like?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

This could either be amazing or terrible, either way definitely interesting.

My hope is that, if it is targeted towards kids again, they do not put a half-naked chick in the film. Even as a kid I thought this was borderline inappropriate for an all ages movie. There was no reason for her to be dressed like this (other than giving dads something to enjoy while they sat through the film).

82046-71Fr.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Andy really is a hero, everyone.

Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    ...I wonder what Reboot Bulk and Skull will be like?
    I'm just glad Pauly Shore is too old for the role

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    This is exciting. Of course there is the prospect it will be terrible and destroy some childhood memories but I'll live in hope.
    I know.

I hope they go back and re-boot the original series.

I want a new Jason, Billy, Zack, Trini, and Kimberly. With new new Dinozords

But most of all I want to see a new Dragonzord.....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Well they rebooted Robocop. Now Power Rangers. Not too optimistic about this. I used to really love that show. Now after 21 years, I can't see much good coming from it. If Michael Bay produces it, it might be entertaining. But I can't see the appeal of a Power Rangers reboot. It's a series that hasn't been relevant in over a decade.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Well they rebooted Robocop. Now Power Rangers. Not too optimistic about this. I used to really love that show. Now after 21 years, I can't see much good coming from it. If Michael Bay produces it, it might be entertaining. But I can't see the appeal of a Power Rangers reboot. It's a series that hasn't been relevant in over a decade.
    While the Robocop reboot was terrible, there was a lot for them to get wrong on that one. Robocop had actual themes and messages in addition to all the action and violence. The reboot ignored the intelligent parts of the original and went with a pointless cash-grab remake. Power Rangers on the other hand was a basic show about teenagers putting on silly outfits and beating up aliens, usually with some basic 5th grade level morality lesson like "friendship is awesome!" or "protect the environment" to tie it together. I think they would have to try on purpose to screw that up.

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    This could either be amazing or terrible, either way definitely interesting.

My hope is that, if it is targeted towards kids again, they do not put a half-naked chick in the film. Even as a kid I thought this was borderline inappropriate for an all ages movie. There was no reason for her to be dressed like this (other than giving dads something to enjoy while they sat through the film).

82046-71Fr.jpg
    Everything important was covered up. it's not like she was wearing a thong or really even showed cleavage. besides we were all looking at kimberly anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I was about 5 or 6 when the first one came out.

I suddenly feel reallllly old.
    You feel old? I was a teenager when it first came out. I watched it with my nephews and thought Kimberly (The original Pink Ranger) was kind of hot. Never saw the movies though...