Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Default All New Invaders #10 review spoilers

Another great issue.

Bucky talks with the cyborg chick. She introduces herself as the new Iron Cross. She is the daughter of the original. She also tells him, she is a Inhuman who because of the transformation bonded to her armor. Cap Manning and the other Deathloks finish there battle. Hammond is blasted during it and wigs out flying off. Iron Cross goes after him. Namor goes too but not before asking cap if he has, something to say. Cap tells him he, is, still posses about the whole Illuminati erasing his memories. Manning destroys the dimensional portal the Martian had causing the Deathloks to fade leaving cap alone with Toro Inhuman caccoon, when, Cap walks to get coffee glowing eyes appear inside it. In the UK Union Jack, Spitfire and Destroyer are together wishing they could have Captain Britton there for help cause they have a problem. Martians have invaded. In a padded room is Killraven muttering "The Martians are coming" over and over.

I got to say this issue was better then the last. The arc stepped it up. It finishes the Deathloks and brings it around to the real bad guys the Martians. Also the cameos of the other invaders in London was awesome. Killraven is fitting since we have the martians, though his name was on, solits so I'm not suprized lol. The fact that Cap a knowledge what Namor with the Illuminati did and stated, he was still posses was great. The art was wonderful as allways. I'm really looking forward to next issue Namor vs The Human Torch and Toro baby. I really love the 75 anniversary cover to next issue paying homage to Marvel Comics #1
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 09-26-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

It was an excellent issue! Love were this story is going!

I'm really glad Jim is back in full swing as well. Dude needs a solo again!

Love the fact that Cap just wanders off to find a cup of coffee, one question though didn't the Martians in Killraven's time turn out to be Badoon or I thinking about the original Guardians of the Galaxy?

Mighty Member

I love all the Jim. He's been underutilized for far too long. I'm really curious as to what they're going to do with Toro. Being an inhuman is definitely going to affect his powers. One the one hand, I can see it changing completely because three torches might be a bit too much (then again, right now we have three living Ghost Riders and a Penance). On the other hand, I'd rather his abilities still involved fire in some capacity.

This has proven to be a fun book.

And it's nice to see some Original Sin stuff effecting it. Not to the degree that they all still couldn't do their job... but it wasn't ignored. It'll be interesting to see Caps role in this title down the line, given his own issues in his own book.

Extraordinary Member

How is the Destroyer still running around doing hero stuff?

Isn't he physically 90 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Super-solider serum.

Which Killraven is it? Is it the teen version from Wisdom Max or is it the version from his appearance in bendis avengers?

Another great issue. Loved Cap & Namor's "argument". Loved the tease of Toro in the cocoon. Loved the British Invaders - esp the updated Destroyer costume.

Only minor disappointment was that Steve won't be Cap soon. I was really enjoying having the original Invaders together again!

And who was the guy in the straitjacket in the last panel? Killraven? Guess I have to do some research...

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    Which Killraven is it? Is it the teen version from Wisdom Max or is it the version from his appearance in bendis avengers?
    Bendis Killraven

was very surprised to see The Destroyer show up. thought it was a good issue. think i like Iron Cross better in her suit of armor though. also would have liked more of Namor's testimony.

I liked it and the Martian plot interests me. It's something different and unique. Last issue kind of suffered from build-up but this was part of the pay off. Though I wasn't too keen on Iron Cross being an Inhuman. Now you have 2 Inhumans namely Toro and her when there should be more diversity in the ranks. Maybe make her a human cyborg or something.

Only other thing is perhaps Bucky... I don't know why but Robinsons Bucky comes across as a chirpy sidekick instead of a grizzled commando. It's minor but that's the only other fault though that might just be me. But anyway, really enjoying Robinsons Invaders and hope this book survives for a long time.

tumblr_ncfla2fplA1tjp97ro1_500.jpg
    uj, spitfire and destroyer!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Really, at this point is there any of the heroes from the Invaders era not still running around?

I think they've managed to find a way to sneak almost all of them into the modern day MU.

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Another great issue. Loved Cap & Namor's "argument". Loved the tease of Toro in the cocoon. Loved the British Invaders - esp the updated Destroyer costume.

Only minor disappointment was that Steve won't be Cap soon. I was really enjoying having the original Invaders together again!

And who was the guy in the straitjacket in the last panel? Killraven? Guess I have to do some research...
    Yeah, it just won't be quite the same without Steve as Cap in this crew. He might stick around as an advisor or something, but without Steve as Captain America I think something will be missing.