Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really, at this point is there any of the heroes from the Invaders era not still running around?

I think they've managed to find a way to sneak almost all of them into the modern day MU.
    Don't worry Marvel will have killed them all off soon rest in peace Dum Dum Dugan

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it just won't be quite the same without Steve as Cap in this crew. He might stick around as an advisor or something, but without Steve as Captain America I think something will be missing.
    Sam and Winter Soldier were partners and are friends, so I could buy him showing up when he calls.

He barely knows the rest of them.

I wonder how they are going to work this.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    Which Killraven is it? Is it the teen version from Wisdom Max or is it the version from his appearance in bendis avengers?
    I would say it's unclear. From the panel we see, it's hard to gauge the character's age, but he does have the sort of longer hair we normally get from Killraven. Whether it's the one Bendis used, the original, the teen version grown up a bit, or a new version is unclear.

What I find curious about this issue is that Cap says Mars hasn't had Martians in centuries. How would he know? Has it ever been implied before that the Martians existed in the main reality? And if they did, what wiped them out? Why are they no longer there, unlike in other realities?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I would say it's unclear. From the panel we see, it's hard to gauge the character's age, but he does have the sort of longer hair we normally get from Killraven. Whether it's the one Bendis used, the original, the teen version grown up a bit, or a new version is unclear.

What I find curious about this issue is that Cap says Mars hasn't had Martians in centuries. How would he know? Has it ever been implied before that the Martians existed in the main reality? And if they did, what wiped them out? Why are they no longer there, unlike in other realities?
    The Secret Avengers dealt with one of their left over artifacts and the Watchers may have something to do with their being extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

i thought Cap was referring to events of Secret Avengers vol 1. plus the Avengers were on Mars at the beginning of Hickman's Avengers.

Really, at this point is there any of the heroes from the Invaders era not still running around?

I think they've managed to find a way to sneak almost all of them into the modern day MU.
    Jack Frost maybe?

Now I want Robinson to bring in Jack Frost.... Might give a person from the Nine Realms added to the cast.

BANNED

Have to agree with most folks, I enjoyed this issue and definitely more than last. And Robinson keeps coming up with great cliff hanger endings. The Martian stuff looks so cool.

I also thought the scene between Cap and Deathlok was nicely done, and somewhat touching.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    was very surprised to see The Destroyer show up. thought it was a good issue. think i like Iron Cross better in her suit of armor though. also would have liked more of Namor's testimony.
    Me too! Loved seeing Destroyer, but thought he wasn't around?? And I expected to actually see Namor's testimony at Nurenburg. Actually, I was a bit disappointed with Cap and Namor's exchange. I didn't expect them to come to blows or anything like that, but I certainly didn't expect Namor to stand there and get lectured, without saying a word.

However, I liked the new Iron Cross' look. Steve Pugh's art is gorgeous.

Anyone else notice the martian robots are the ones from Steve's vision from Cap: Reborn wayyyyy back.

It'll be interesting when Steve sits out for a bit. I doubt Captain Falcon will be giving the orders seeing how this team is tightly knit from WW2. Wonder how they did it back then after Steve and Bucky's "deaths". Would be an interesting dynamic. Wouldn't mind seeing Fallsworth join either.

Severely underrated book imo. Needs more exposure.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 09-29-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Well, there seemed to be too many sudden jumps in this story. It didn't flow as I liked it, but got done what it wanted too. I have the same trouble with Robinsons FF, in that it feels disjointed. It felt like the last issue of an Event the way it hurried to get to each scene change.

I'm intrigued by the motives of the Martians and what Killraven is ravin' about. Why didn't we see the Martian tripod emerging out of the ground, ala the Tom Cruise movie? Maybe Robinson likes to just do his story as the news gets wind of it, and not show where it came from? A bit like Jason Aaron in Original Sin. Why do the Martians have time/reality equipment? AIM seem to have this stuff too, and the Earth is starting to look like its ripe for picking, otherwise why all the attacks around the MU right now?

All-New Member

I hope USAgent joins as replacement for Cap, after all he worked with most of the Invaders before...

Well, Bucky did just inherit the ability to make the most realistic LMD's anyone's ever seen. It does kind of make it possible for "Steve" to keep on Invading. I just don't see them bringing Sam in. He has no relationship with Jim or Namor, and they don't really respond to new people that well.

I have a feeling the Nuremberg testimony is going to become a problem later on. I'm not sure how Bucky is going to feel about it.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

BANNED

I don't think they will bring in Sam but I also don't think the group would have that much of a problem with it if they did. Bucky has a good relationship with Sam and both Namor and Torch trust Steve. If Steve suggest Sam as his replacement on the team I doubt they will treat Sam like an outsider or buck at the idea of it. It would be out of character if they did even for Namor. Most we would get is Namor saying something haughty about it in jest or in the vein of Sam proving himself but outside of that the group as a whole I don't see as being opposed to it.

I assume if they did bring in Sam, Namor's reaction would closely resemble the one he had with the replacement Cap last issue. Not sure what he would add. Would rather see Union Jack brought into the fold.

BANNED

Union Jack would be a great addition for sure!

But I don't see Namor acting in the same regard to Sam as to the Cap in the last issue. That Cap clearly had some issues that didn't correlate with Steve Rogers. I sorta think Namors reaction would be closer to his opinion with Bucky being Cap but just slightly more skeptical. Keeping in mind that the Cap in last issue wasn't chosen by Rogers either and wasn't all that great in general.
    Last edited by Trident; 10-06-2014 at 06:29 AM.

I was a bit curious how Bucky got a hold of teleporting devices in Original Sin because he could do portal jumps from anywhere in the universe. We saw some of those devices in Secret Avengers and Hulk, when Hill sent the Abomination to Jupiter with one. Could be Hill had it reverse engineered and gave one to Bucky? Or if not gave, maybe Bucky confiscated it from her, without her knowing it?