All-New Member

Default Justice League Dark - Fanfilm!

Hey all.

I wanted to post a fan film that I helped create. It was a labor of love and we spent about 6 months working on it. It features Constantine, Deadman, and Zatanna as they embark on a journey in an attempt to release Zatanna’s father from hell. I figured this would be the best spot to post it

Please let me know what you think! And thanks for the watch and support. If you like it, share it! If you don’t, share it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vCSxEtbyFE

alley.jpg

zatdead.jpg

Note: It's a been few months since I've been on the forums and I see all user got deleted, so I had to create a new one. My old name was yodaizmyhomie if there are still some friends around .

Well done on this, cprops. A labour of love, passion and hard work made into the bonds that form Justice League: Dark.

I was hoping this'd be about the Del Toro film of the same name - well, Dark Universe - but props to you all for this.

Watched a few fan films in my time, be they Superman: Requiem, after Superman Returns it is, or The Hunt For Gollum, after The Hobbit and before The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring. Very good, mixed, violent and interesting.

Watching this now.

Have now liked, favourited and shared to Facebook, with description.

Hope that helps.

BANNED

Pretty good. Even captured Constantine's character to a T. Constantine smokes. To hell with the PC execs who say otherwise.

All-New Member

Awesome. Thanks so much for the comments and support so far. Being an avid reader of the vertigo and dark world of dc, we really wanted to get the characters right. And yes, by all means share and show as much as possible. Thanks!

BANNED

Very nice. Very high quality. Fan films are getting better all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Very nice. Very high quality. Fan films are getting better all the time.
    Credit that to the amount of effort those making the fan films put in it. For instance the recent Spawn Fan Film I've seen was pretty top notch

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

So that's the accent Constantine is supposed to have? I'm honestly asking because I'm not that familiar with where the character is supposed to be from.

And I'll give you some likes and a twitter link.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Credit that to the amount of effort those making the fan films put in it. For instance the recent Spawn Fan Film I've seen was pretty top notch
    Thanks! I too am really happy with the trend, as a lot of talented people are getting to showcase their skills, and are really turning out some amazing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
    So that's the accent Constantine is supposed to have? I'm honestly asking because I'm not that familiar with where the character is supposed to be from.

I'll give you some likes and a twitter link.
    He was born in Liverpool, and would most likely have a little bit more 'slang' (less enunciation), but we took a little bit of poetic license to fit how he feel he acts and gestures in the comics. Thanks for the like and twitter links! Really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post

And I'll give you some likes and a twitter link.
    No, it's not. That's more cockney with hints of West Country like when he says "atta a girl". Livepudlians have a Scouse accent. "Ya kna mean, carn be 'avin that sorra business roun ee-er" = You know what I mean, can't be having that sort of business around here. The accent all round is ropey and the actor could do with looking like an actual cancer patient rather than someone who has 5 square meals a day but I did like DeadMan in this short. Best performance and characterisation in the piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHfIAoF8gEc
    Last edited by PocketfulofKryptonite; 09-24-2014 at 10:09 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PocketfulofKryptonite View Post
    No, it's not. That's more cockney with hints of West Country like when he says "atta a girl". Livepudlians have a Scouse accent. "Ya kna mean, carn be 'avin that sorra business roun ee-er" = You know what I mean, can't be having that sort of business around here. The accent all round is ropey and the actor could do with looking like an actual cancer patient rather than someone who has 5 square meals a day but I did like DeadMan in this short. Best performance and characterisation in the piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHfIAoF8gEc
    Thanks for the compliment on Deadman PocketfulofKryptonite! We worked a long time on his effects trying to get him to be perfect since we felt Deadman has never been represented well outside of comics. As I stated above, we definitely took a bit of poetic license on Constantine's accent to try and fit the character we wanted him to be. Also I'm sorry to hear his stature took you out of the movie a bit; it was essentially a no budget film and the actor didn't have time to prepare for the role and thin out a bit. I was personally happy how he portrayed it and he performed the role how I wanted him to, so the criticism you have is most likely on me. Hope those criticisms didn't take you out of it too much, and I appreciate you telling me them. Always trying to get better.

Thanks so much for taking the time to view it.