Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Alex Ross Dives Deep Into Marvel's "Secret Wars"

The acclaimed artist discusses his cover work on Marvel's next event, explores the left field characters of his teaser and reflects on the original '80s series.

Full article here.

I could look at Alex Ross art work all day long. His 75th anniversary paintings have been great, as are these two Secret Wars paintings.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

I want to see various Galactus and Celestials in this event... Imagine Galactus Franklin from Earth X fighting along other Galactus versus the Celestials.

Squirrel Girl Fanboy BigMike20X6's Avatar

I'm hoping some of the Timeslip characters might show up. That was a fun feature from Marvel Vision

Ross' art seems to get better and better personally. Love this new image.

And I absolutely love, Ribic's art to death. The man is damn talented and I agree with Ross that he's been one of the best Marvel, or really any company has had in the past ten or so years. My only gripe would be his lack of detail in the backgrounds of his panels. Interested in seeing if he'll change it up for this event.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

That art is stunning. Really looking forward to exploring characters that I've never seen before in this series!

BANNED

This has the potential to be fun. I can get on this train if I just ignore that it's called "Secret Wars" or has anything to do with the previous things called "Secret Wars" which is probably not the case as it is also called "Secret Wars." Darn.

If they have characters like Frankencastle and Old Man Logan in this count me in.

Don't ever stop being awesome at art Mr. Ross. Please.

Amazing Member

I am also always amazed by Alex Ross. That new Secret Wars cover is amazing. The retro Secret Wars cover is amazing also. As a kid I had the Zeck version as a small poster in my room. I might have to buy Ross' version and hang it up now.

Very excited that Esad is doing the interiors. His artwork is beautiful as well. Story sounds very exciting so far.

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Is that GHOST RIDER WITH A CYBERNETIC ARM & BUZZSAW HAND?

The only way that could be more awesome is if you wrap all of the above in bacon.

Does anyone know if Marvel still owns and of the Malibu characters? It might be fun to see a new spin on some of those characters in Secret Wars. (Or in some other event.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    Is that GHOST RIDER WITH A CYBERNETIC ARM & BUZZSAW HAND?

The only way that could be more awesome is if you wrap all of the above in bacon.
    Ghost Rider 2099, man.

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf71 View Post
    Does anyone know if Marvel still owns and of the Malibu characters? It might be fun to see a new spin on some of those characters in Secret Wars. (Or in some other event.)
    i think there is some legal hang up with Marvel being able to use the Ultraverse characters.

Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf71 View Post
    Like the Mortal Kombat characters? That'd be awesome, hahaha! Of course, WB/DC owns them now.

"There's an infinite amount of things they've done -- especially with all the 'What If?' stories," said Ross of what could be drawn on for "Secret Wars."
    This could actually be the guiltiest pleasure of an event ever.