Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    [

my responses are above.
    right on!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Um... And the being dead, I hope? jk
    That too....now....lol

Can you really blame people for being upset with the changes? The entire process of Thor becoming unworthy and this new She-Thor stepping up was handled incredibly poorly and treated the Thor with very little respect. It's just a bit jarring that Thor's spot in his own book is hijacked when he's having such an awesome ongoing and literally almost everything is taken from him by some woman who strolls along and picks up the hammer.

I was open to this change but now I just hope sales tank so we can have the real Thor back as soon as possible. Okay maybe that's mean to say as some people seem to be looking forward to She-Thor but couldn't we at least have a second book for those who want to read about Thor?

A lot of things don't make much sense: how can a whisper can make Thor unworthy, how could Odin fail to lift Mjolnir, why is Thor so weak now to the point Malekith can easily cut off his arm and mere Frost Giants can restrain him? I'm hoping these questions will be answered satisfactorily eventually but I doubt it.

I hope to god it's not Jane Foster who picks up the hammer. It would make no sense imo and way too many people have already picked it up as far as I'm concerned. It should have stopped with Bill but now Captain America and one of Thor's Granddaughters has. Just being brave and noble aren't the only requirements or almost anyone would fit them on Asgard. I don't want the list growing anymore unless someone got the Infinity Gauntlet and really messed with the enchantment.

And after reading this book I noticed that the very tone is different or that might just be due to the art change. Still, I missed the darker edge of Aaron and Ribic's God of Thunder.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rage.of.olympus View Post
    can you really blame people for being upset with the changes? The entire process of thor becoming unworthy and this new she-thor stepping up was handled incredibly poorly and treated the thor with very little respect. It's just a bit jarring that thor's spot in his own book is hijacked when he's having such an awesome ongoing and literally almost everything is taken from him by some woman who strolls along and picks up the hammer.

I was open to this change but now i just hope sales tank so we can have the real thor back as soon as possible. Okay maybe that's mean to say as some people seem to be looking forward to she-thor but couldn't we at least have a second book for those who want to read about thor?

A lot of things don't make much sense: How can a whisper can make thor unworthy, how could odin fail to lift mjolnir, why is thor so weak now to the point malekith can easily cut off his arm and mere frost giants can restrain him? I'm hoping these questions will be answered satisfactorily eventually but i doubt it.

I hope to god it's not jane foster who picks up the hammer. It would make no sense imo and way too many people have already picked it up as far as i'm concerned. It should have stopped with bill but now captain america and one of thor's granddaughters has. Just being brave and noble aren't the only requirements or almost anyone would fit them on asgard. I don't want the list growing anymore unless someone got the infinity gauntlet and really messed with the enchantment.

And after reading this book i noticed that the very tone is different or that might just be due to the art change. Still, i missed the darker edge of aaron and ribic's god of thunder.

nice post!

Niffleheim

Why is Thor being carried by Vision? Why can't he just use a Sky-Cycle?

Truthfully though Thor Odinson being in some sense unworthy has been part of the story arcs for many writers in a row.

• Warren Ellis: Thor is berated by Odin and is losing power in the events of World Engine.
    • Dan Jurgens: King Thor becomes unworthy of wielding Mjolnir after killing the men who ordered the attack on floating Asgard.
    • Michael Oeming: Thor has lost the Odin Power for mysterious reasons at the start of Ragnarok.
    • JMS: Thor is called an idiot by Odin's ravens and then is ostracized by his people after killing Bor.
    • Matt Fraction: "Hammer, drop!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Truthfully though Thor Odinson being in some sense unworthy has been part of the story arcs for many writers in a row.

• Warren Ellis: Thor is berated by Odin and is losing power in the events of World Engine.
    • Dan Jurgens: King Thor becomes unworthy of wielding Mjolnir after killing the men who ordered the attack on floating Asgard.
    • Michael Oeming: Thor has lost the Odin Power for mysterious reasons at the start of Ragnarok.
    • JMS: Thor is called an idiot by Odin's ravens and then is ostracized by his people after killing Bor.
    • Matt Fraction: "Hammer, drop!"
    See! Thank you.

If it's one of Thor's granddaughters who picks up the hammer, then I'm good. Still don't get why we'd call her Thor.

If Jane picks up the hammer, I'm not so good.

If it's anyone else, the writing better be amazing, but I hope it will be!