Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    He loses his Hammer to a woman and now 8 months from now he loses an arm....honestly is anyone worried about the status of Thor ?

I mean it's one thing to lost his mystical hammer, but his arm, doesn't that have a cause of alarm ?

As fans of Thor, what do you think of this ?
    He'll be back to normal by 2017 when Thor 3 comes out if not in time for Avengers: Age of Ultron.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As a fan of Thor, I've read the book where he is actually alive and kicking in the future. I think if you insist on worrying about a character whose future you've actually seen, knock yourself out.
    The future is very malleable. If this new Thor is more profitable for marvel than the old Thor than the old Thor is going to be dead again. It's all about money.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderingHammer View Post
    jphamlore-remind me to laugh next time I read that. Maybe it'll be funny then...........

My point being that MJOLNIR doesn't have any powers really they're all Thor's.
    Technically, Mjolnir does have its own attributes (flight, force fields, time travel/dimension hopping/teleportation) in addition to Thor's powers, which it bestows upon the next wielder. But I see your point.

He controls weather to a far greater degree than both storm or crystal yet they can fly on winds but he can't? BS!
    I haven't read every Thor or X-men comic, but I always had the impression that Storm's overall control of atmospheric phenomenon exceeded Thor's. That's not to say that Thor can't summon a more powerful thunderstorm, but Ororo's mastery of weather effects was more extensive. I've never read of Thor turning a blizzard on and off in a heartbeat, or dehydrating someone by reducing water vapor surrounding an enemy to nil. Can he do that without Mjolnir?

And you're right, the fact that Thor doesn't summon wind currents to fly is a head scratcher. Again, it makes you question Thor's overall control and mastery of weather effects. He's been a god for millennia. You'd think he'd be able to use the wind with precision by now.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 09-27-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Aaron's future King Allfather Thor is armless and uses the destroyers arm

But... hes still alive. And Worthy of Mjolnir.

Not too worried about it.
    I'm more worried about his supporting cast. We know Thor goes through a redemption arc, but happens to his absent loved ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I don't know what Thor will be like when this is all over, but I doubt he'll ever look like this again:

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Is that a bad thing? Ever since we've gotten the armor with the chain mail, I haven't heard anyone complain. Most people prefer it, I think.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Technically, Mjolnir does have its own attributes (flight, force fields, time travel/dimension hopping/teleportation) in addition to Thor's powers, which it bestows upon the next wielder. But I see your point.

I haven't read every Thor or X-men comic, but I always had the impression that Storm's overall control of atmospheric phenomenon exceeded Thor's. That's not to say that Thor can't summon a more powerful thunderstorm, but Ororo's mastery of weather effects was more extensive. I've never read of Thor turning a blizzard on and off in a heartbeat, or dehydrating someone by reducing water vapor surrounding an enemy to nil. Can he do that without Mjolnir?

And you're right, the fact that Thor doesn't summon wind currents to fly is a head scratcher. Again, it makes you question Thor's overall control and mastery of weather effects. He's been a god for millennia. You'd think he'd be able to use the wind with precision by now.
    Well, he is a god of Storms. I think It would be cool if he can create a tornado that carries him along, but not the sort of "winds, gently bear me aloft" flying that Ororo does. I mean, isn't a lightning shooting, celestial decapitating, god carrying, axe Tornado the god of thunder that marvel fans really need?

Has current Thor lost an eye yet, because that's supposed to happen in various futures as well so that he looks more like his father Odin.

He should have all his energy powers. Vast super strength. And if the writers weren't brain dead: fly.
    He's always flown by throwing the hammer and holding on. Without the hammer, he shouldn't be able to fly. That's not writers being brain dead, that's them respecting what's been established for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    He's always flown by throwing the hammer and holding on. Without the hammer, he shouldn't be able to fly. That's not writers being brain dead, that's them respecting what's been established for the character.
    I wonder if old man Steve Rogers without the Super-Soldier Serum is still considered worthy of wielding Mjolnir. If he is, would that rejuvenate his physical condition? Does Mjolnir given anyone who is worthy to wield it the strength so that his or her arm isn't ripped right out of its socket when he or she tries to use it to fly?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Has current Thor lost an eye yet, because that's supposed to happen in various futures as well so that he looks more like his father Odin.
    Isn't that a given? And I think losing a whole arm would be worse than losing an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Isn't that a given? And I think losing a whole arm would be worse than losing an eye.
    At least losing the arm might not have happened to current Thor before Tony Stark went rogue. Because had it occurred back when Tony Stark was in the Avengers good graces, Tony Stark would have gleefully provided Thor with a new arm only to tell him months later it was from an Ultron that Tony Stark had been hacking on, and that Tony Stark was so sorry but Ultron might have regenerated and bonded himself to Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    I wonder if old man Steve Rogers without the Super-Soldier Serum is still considered worthy of wielding Mjolnir. If he is, would that rejuvenate his physical condition? Does Mjolnir given anyone who is worthy to wield it the strength so that his or her arm isn't ripped right out of its socket when he or she tries to use it to fly?
    Well, arguably, Steve Rogers isn't perpetually worthy. The one time he lifted the hammer, it was in the heat of combat and Thor was down. He didn't transform into Thor; he simply used the hammer as a weapon. This falls into the idea of temporary worthiness Busiek tried to convey in JLA/Avengers. In the moment, Cap was doing something Thor himself would have, but was at the time unable to, so the hammer let Cap lift it to perform the action.

If they're truly worthy and are granted the powers of Thor, yes, they gain strength and can fly just as Thor does. However, I can't think of a time where someone lifted the hammer, wasn't granted Thor's powers, and still tried to fly with the hammer. I would assume it's not possible, but I don't think it's ever actually been tested.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Well, arguably, Steve Rogers isn't perpetually worthy. The one time he lifted the hammer, it was in the heat of combat and Thor was down. He didn't transform into Thor; he simply used the hammer as a weapon. This falls into the idea of temporary worthiness Busiek tried to convey in JLA/Avengers. In the moment, Cap was doing something Thor himself would have, but was at the time unable to, so the hammer let Cap lift it to perform the action.

If they're truly worthy and are granted the powers of Thor, yes, they gain strength and can fly just as Thor does. However, I can't think of a time where someone lifted the hammer, wasn't granted Thor's powers, and still tried to fly with the hammer. I would assume it's not possible, but I don't think it's ever actually been tested.
    But Steve also lifted the hammer during Fear Itself, so shouldn't that mean something ?

But Steve also lifted the hammer during Fear Itself, so shouldn't that mean something ?
    Right, sorry, two times. But still, the same logic applies. He didn't become Thor, so it's unclear to what extent Mjolnir's abilities are open to him.

Spectacular Member

The hammer transformed Beta Ray Bill sort of as an admonishment to Thor, I think. As in "this is what a noble warrior looks like."

Has it transformed anyone else? Maybe an alternate reality version of Storm and Spidey in one of the all ages comics.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

jphamlore-remind me to laugh next time I read that. Maybe it'll be funny then...........

My point being that MJOLNIR doesn't have any powers really they're all Thor's. So if he embued the axe with his own blood and gave it the power to kill a Celestial, shouldn't the axe have even more powers than Mjolnir?? I mean flight is his power. He controls weather to a far greater degree than both storm or crystal yet they can fly on winds but he can't? BS!
    Perhaps with Mjolnir thor has demonstrated a far greater degree of weather manipulation but im willing to bet he has not shown that same level of manipulation without it, especially on the level of Storm who has very impressive showings and creative uses of her powers that have been used on a global scale. So it wouldnt be far fetched that he doesn't or can't use his powers to fly because for so long he hasn't had the need to. Honestly he is probably less skilled seeing that he need to focus his power through the usage of Mjolnir.

Just a last note their powers and how they are used are different as well (one magical and one psionic). Dont think this has much to do with him not being able to fly but Storm has had years to focus and control her powers. He hasn't without Mjolnir as without the hammer when he was younger was only shown to control lightning. I say all of that to say is that he should be able to fly its just something he will have to practice to fly without the hammer.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-27-2014 at 10:54 AM.